*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
My guess is this isn't cambria, this is about q3 coming in. All those early sales are about to come out of warranty. I'd guess sales are slowing down too. Set a new price, then when the q3 comes in at that price, it looks OK.

On the other hand... 2nd hand units have just gone up in price theoretically. Which is pretty nice, since I was planning on selling one of mine when the q3 releases, to help fund it.

Soldato
Looks like Amazon haven't waited until August to up their prices. It's already showing as £399 for the 128GB version. That puts me from 'going to buy one' to 'highly unlikely to bother now'.
I changed my mind. Just didn't buy it from Amazon (so did still manage to get it for £299), which I had planned to next month as I have a bunch of vouchers I was going to put towards the purchase. I guess I'll just use the vouchers on any accessories I end up needing.

Soldato
I changed my mind. Just didn't buy it from Amazon (so did still manage to get it for £299), which I had planned to next month as I have a bunch of vouchers I was going to put towards the purchase. I guess I'll just use the vouchers on any accessories I end up needing.
Get someones referral code before you activate. Then you can get £23 in store credit, and they get it too.

Mines here if you don't have anyone: https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/RugbyRaggs/

Soldato
Thanks. I'm not activating until the new facebook-free portal is live, though the delivery probably won't arrive much before that anyway. I did see someone mention a code on here recently. I'll have to skim through the posts and see if they'll send me one :)

Soldato
Thanks. I'm not activating until the new facebook-free portal is live, though the delivery probably won't arrive much before that anyway. I did see someone mention a code on here recently. I'll have to skim through the posts and see if they'll send me one :)
I just included mine in my post above.

Definitely check out the hangout thread, group of 5-6 of us now, who regularly play together. Slowly growing. Had some absolutely brilliant nights gaming, honestly laughed until I've cried at times.

Soldato
30% price rise for the base model is a bit steep. Still probably the best value VR headset, but for a lot of people it takes it from impulse buy to 'maybe'.

£500 for the 256gb version definitely feels too steep now. Ok 'only' 25% increase so makes it slightly less overpriced compared to the 128gb.

I imagine this puts less pressure on Sony to keep the PSVR2 price down.

Soldato
Anyone who looks into purchasing a Q2 at the newer price may have a rethink, as accessories like the headstrap, battery pack, facial interface, carry case and headphones, while not compulsory purchases are highly recommended, which pushes the price into almost silly money.

I shall be hanging on to my rare, retro 64gb edition.

Soldato
I just included mine in my post above.

Definitely check out the hangout thread, group of 5-6 of us now, who regularly play together. Slowly growing. Had some absolutely brilliant nights gaming, honestly laughed until I've cried at times.
Appreciated. It does appear to require a Facebook account though, at least at the moment, so will have to check it again once they change to the new style accounts as I don't (and won't) use Facebook.

Associate
I suppose those of us that have bought can consider ourselves lucky to have bought at the old price, Got mine 3-4 months ago from Argos.

I also got the four year accidental damage insurance from Argos for £55, I believe its underwritten by Domestic and General, I felt considering the nature of the Quest that is a compulsory purchase.

I understand if any thing goes wrong that the quest is picked up from your house by courier rather than taking it to Argos.

Wonder though if you do have have to avail of the repair service what is the turn-around time like. I would imagine its not great.

Soldato
To be fair this price rise is only back up to what the original Quest headset cost 3 years ago. If anything the £300 always felt like it was too cheap and that oculus were effectively giving it away at cost based on the price of components/etc in it. Look at how much most of the competitors are charging!

As others have said my main concern is that it prompts Sony to raise the price of their ps5 headset given their closest competitor is now £400.

Associate
£399 for the 128gb version is still great value.

I paid £299 for the 64gb version and it was an absolute bargain for the amount of use and enjoyment I've had out of it tbh.

Soldato
I had a wireless Vive previously and the Q2 is about equal to that with less screen door or god rays. Less capable for PC connection but still a decent bit of kit at the new price just not the bargain it was.

Associate
glad i bought my 2nd quest 2 a few weeks ago @ £299 128GB version. i think i paid about the same for a 64GB from amazon in dec 2020 for my 1st one. still worth £399 imo, literally everything is going up.

Back
Top Bottom