*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face, but fair enough!
I wasn't actually planning on purchasing the Quest 2 until the new Meta account system was in place, but when they said the price was going up £100 I decided to just buy it, save myself £100 and wait for the new style accounts to go live. While it would be nice to be able to play from day one, I'm happy to wait a week or two. If it goes on too long and the promised system doesn't appear, I'll just sell the Oculus and not bother.

Caporegime
ive already got the VR cover set, which i love , but soon as i put the headset on, im sweating !
its all that heat on the front !
Is your ceiling high enough to get a ceiling fan in your room? I have one and they make a big difference.
I wasn't actually planning on purchasing the Quest 2 until the new Meta account system was in place, but when they said the price was going up £100 I decided to just buy it, save myself £100 and wait for the new style accounts to go live. While it would be nice to be able to play from day one, I'm happy to wait a week or two. If it goes on too long and the promised system doesn't appear, I'll just sell the Oculus and not bother.
Sure dude, whatever floats your boat! Plenty more headsets coming out soon anyway.

Associate
I have added a 10,000 Mah powerbank from argos to the Quest 2 and it seems to work well, putting it on back of Kiwi elite strap

Another rather disappointing upgrade I have tried is this facial interface from Amazon,

Though the bracket works well, seems to clio in a little tighter than the stock Quest bracket, what has let me down is the foam pads though good quality thy don't seem to have the smooth cool feeling of the silicone cover over the foam that I got with the quest.

Wondering if anyone has tried a facial interface kit that does have has a silicone cover that can be placed over the foam or built into the foam pads?

Thanks.

Associate
How does the foam pu feel against the skin, I find the additional silicone cover that Meta provided (to combat the skin rash complaints) has a nice cool smooth feeling to it, though it tends to come loose sometimes.

Just wondering if VR and the one I got might be similar in this regard.

Associate
Just added this 10,000 mah battery from Argos to the Kiwi strap,

Easy enough to do, a bit of velcro on battery to attach to top head strap and a few elastic bands to keep battery in place, does add some weight to the whole unit but I find worthwhile, no need to hook oculus up to charge every time.

Battery has an on/off switch so just switch on while you play to keep quest at 100% Hold on/off for about 10 seconds to power off battery. Don't be tempted to go for 20,000 mah, will make unit too heavy. Combined weight of Kiwi strap with battery is still less than Bobo m2 strap.https://ibb.co/KVq2HBW

Soldato
Just had an update, and it said I was now signed into social messenger. Can't even find the messenger app. Didn't elect to use messenger or sign in.

Soldato
Any essential accessories to buy for the Quest?
I'd not even say the headstrap at first, maybe a little skull cap like accessory that goes on the back.

The single biggest comfort mod in my mind is a counterweight, best way to do this is with a 10k powerbank since it obviously helps with longer play times.

I use the default strap with a skull cap thing at the back that I've covered with some old memory foam. Had a very adjustable strap before and just couldn't get it as comfortable ( not as convenient). Also bought a universal battery holder for just a few quid, basically some elastic material that makes a loop.

If that doesn't suit, then the halo headbands work for a lot of people.

Soldato
Any essential accessories to buy for the Quest?
Oh, and grab a referral from someone before you activate it if you haven't already. Either from a friend in real life or check the posts in this thread ( I know I've posted move in the last page or two). It means you'll both get £23 to spend in the store. Which is enough for a couple of cheap fun games.

Back
Top Bottom