*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Anyone know when the new Meta (non FB) account starts? I just snagged a Q2 today before the price went up, but am happy to sit on it a few days rather than faff with a Facebook account.

Underboss
Associate
This is for anyone with the Kiwi design strap, do you find that if the head size of the strap is too large, then you can simply push from the back into place, rather than turn the wheel?

To loosen I find I have to turn the wheel, so just guessing this is a design feature of the Kiwi strap.

Reason I am asking is that I have attached a powerbank with velcro, so its tends to make the strap smaller when I have the whole thing in an upright position.

Soldato
Thanks all for the referral code offers. I'm still waiting for this non-Facebook Meta portal to materialise as I can't do anything until it does, not even sync to their phone app. All I've managed to do so far is connect the headset to my wi-fi and update to the current version of the software.

Caporegime
Thanks all for the referral code offers. I'm still waiting for this non-Facebook Meta portal to materialise as I can't do anything until it does, not even sync to their phone app. All I've managed to do so far is connect the headset to my wi-fi and update to the current version of the software.
Why can't you just make a throwaway email address and Facebook account that has no personal information in it? :confused:

Soldato
Why can't you just make a throwaway email address and Facebook account that has no personal information in it? :confused:

He can, I've done it, and will delete both when there's no longer a requirement for it. I'm hardly going to get a facebook ban as I haven't logged into it since I creates the account.

Underboss

no not really
i had a FB account once, many years ago, i decided to remove it, so i deleted my account.
Then i wanted another FB account (just for family to keep in touch really) and FB refused, even after sending them my passport / driving license (copies) 10 times, they just would not respond to any of my messages etc, so i gave up

along came my Quest 2, and i had to make a FB account via my phone number, which i did, and it worked lol
im technically not on FB still, i can log in, but that's it

Soldato
Because I don't want a Facebook account, now or ever and I won't create one just to bump up their numbers. They said they're rolling out Meta accounts this month specifically for people who don't want to use Facebook and that's the only account I'm prepared to create.

Caporegime
Because I don't want a Facebook account, now or ever and I won't create one just to bump up their numbers. They said they're rolling out Meta accounts this month specifically for people who don't want to use Facebook and that's the only account I'm prepared to create.
Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face, but fair enough!
no not really
i had a FB account once, many years ago, i decided to remove it, so i deleted my account.
Then i wanted another FB account (just for family to keep in touch really) and FB refused, even after sending them my passport / driving license (copies) 10 times, they just would not respond to any of my messages etc, so i gave up

along came my Quest 2, and i had to make a FB account via my phone number, which i did, and it worked lol
im technically not on FB still, i can log in, but that's it
You can 100% make a FB account using a throwaway email address without any personal info, I have done it several times.

Underboss
anyone else having trouble playing VR when its hot as this ?

its not the heat per-se, more of just sweat and my headset slips and off to one side and does not stay where i want it, and it hurts my ears due to me wearing glasses :(

Back
Top Bottom