*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Well I have just got a GL.iNet GL-MT6000 (AX6000) Flint 2 to replace my TP-Link Archer AX50 (AX3000). Purely because I saw 1 other post on reddit that said it worked lol... And although I was kinda shocked to see a lack of connection settings for my internet connection.. It did work. And actually slightly better speeds (~940mbps instead of ~915mbps).

But the main point is the audio skips and lag spikes (blurry --> unblurry) have almost completely stopped. I do still see some purple lines on the steamlink graph, but they don't seem to effect the game that much.

So mainly updating this in case someone else googles with the same issue. I actually liked the tp-link router, but I doubt I'll be buying another.. The ui on this gl.inet one is a bit basic, but it does the job..

Sorry, I am late to seeing your posts. Not sure how I missed them. But as you found out, the TP Link AX routers aren't great for use with VR headsets. It was problem that they never managed to fix despite numerous firmware updates.

However, I wouldn't let that put you off buying other TP-Link products. Their 6E routers are some of the best out there for VR.

I ordered a Quest 3 today ;). But maybe am mad as i never really ever use my Quest 2 :o:o
But it nice to know i will have it sitting there collecting dust for if i ever do want to have a play :cry: Plus the cold, wet & dark winter time coming soon

Was there any reason you didn't use the Quest 2 much? Was it because of something like the fresnel lenses affecting overall picture quality or the IPD adjustment not suiting you right or even that you didn't like the Passthrough or was is because standalone games didn't look that good? If it was anything like that, then the Quest 3 is massive improvement in all those areas. So you might use it more often as it's a nicer overall experience.

However, if you was collecting dust because you just didn't have a use for it at all. Then, yes, you are mad :p But we like that kind of FOMO madness here on OCUK!! :D

Was there any reason you didn't use the Quest 2 much? Was it because of something like the fresnel lenses affecting overall picture quality or the IPD adjustment not suiting you right or even that you didn't like the Passthrough or was is because standalone games didn't look that good? If it was anything like that, then the Quest 3 is massive improvement in all those areas. So you might use it more often as it's a nicer overall experience.

However, if you was collecting dust because you just didn't have a use for it at all. Then, yes, you are mad :p But we like that kind of FOMO madness here on OCUK!! :D

More of case due to am getting older these days i seemed to of just lost lots of interest in gaming but I have not lost my interest in wanting/buying/owning the latest tech :cry:

Last edited:
I had been getting somewhat bored of gaming and had lost a lot of enthusiasm .... until I got a VR headset! The Quest 2 I bought in 2022 really made me start enjoying gaming again as well as allowing me to play FPS games that I never would have otherwise (as long as they had a teleport option anyway). Now on the Quest 3 it's even better with the pancake lenses and I'm even playing some of my PCVR titles :).

I had been getting somewhat bored of gaming and had lost a lot of enthusiasm .... until I got a VR headset! The Quest 2 I bought in 2022 really made me start enjoying gaming again as well as allowing me to play FPS games that I never would have otherwise (as long as they had a teleport option anyway). Now on the Quest 3 it's even better with the pancake lenses and I'm even playing some of my PCVR titles :).

This is pretty much me exactly.. very bored of gaming.. used to love open world FPS.. but haven't found anything that really grabs me for years..

Until I got my VR headset.. now I only play VR games pretty much.. games like HL Alyx are the future of single player games for me.. and I think i'd struggle to go back to flat screen FPS games..

Plus you get the multiplayer social side of VR which is superb.. (yes you can get multiplayer social flat screen!.. which I did used to enjoy).. however.. walkabout mini golf is just about the perfect social game.. and I now even play VR racing games, and I was never overly interested in racing games before.. but the immersion.. the IMMERSION.. is superb.. and then the racing other actual humanz.. is brilliant..

Same as you guys! I've only just got to play HL:A after all these years waiting for it to be a bit more affordable and polished..

I recently tried "Into the radius 1". And although a bit basic looking (the meta version anyway). It really brings me back to the original original dayz era. Open worldish, realisticish survival.. I just try not to spend too much time arranging my ammo and guns on shelves in the base.. lol.. And the fallout habbit of picking anything up and hording it..
The immersion in the dark when you can hear the 'enemies' around you, but can't see them really well.. And fumbling trying to find a magazine with ammo in it.. Amazing..

Sorry, I am late to seeing your posts. Not sure how I missed them. But as you found out, the TP Link AX routers aren't great for use with VR headsets. It was problem that they never managed to fix despite numerous firmware updates.

However, I wouldn't let that put you off buying other TP-Link products. Their 6E routers are some of the best out there for VR.

Just further to my ongoing saga..
I bought virtual desktop. And suddenly everything is very smooth! I tried HL:Alyx and into the radius pcvr. Both very smooth on default settings. Literally no lag spikes at all now. Really good experience!

I know from reading around this week that people are for and against both VD and steamlink. But in a brief 20min test I am very hopeful for VD..

Just further to my ongoing saga..
I bought virtual desktop. And suddenly everything is very smooth! I tried HL:Alyx and into the radius pcvr. Both very smooth on default settings. Literally no lag spikes at all now. Really good experience!

I know from reading around this week that people are for and against both VD and steamlink. But in a brief 20min test I am very hopeful for VD..

I use different streamers for different games. Virtual Desktop I find runs Fallout 4 and No Mans Sky far smoother than Airlink, and both games look great, but for Skyrim VR, airlink looks so much sharper.
Steam link is a blurry mess even at the top settings so that's a non-starter.

Last edited:
I use different streamers for different games. Virtual Desktop I find runs Fallout 4 and No Mans Sky far smoother than Airlink, and both games look great, but for Skyrim VR, airlink looks so much sharper.
Steam link is a blurry mess even at the top settings so that's a non-starter.
It's really night and day for me. And the lag spikes before just totally ruin the immersion which is really the whole point of vr..

My only question is why is there no option for 120hz in vd?

It's really night and day for me. And the lag spikes before just totally ruin the immersion which is really the whole point of vr..

My only question is why is there no option for 120hz in vd?

I believe the games have to support 120Hz and many older PCVR titles don't.

Also remember that the faster the refresh rate the less bandwidth per frame, which can lead to compression artefacts, and of course you have to have a PC setup capable of reliably rendering and streaming at that speed.

Back
Top Bottom