*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Don't cheap out? I'm not really into defending Facebook, but I think what they launched at this price point was pretty damn good, there were clearly some small compromises to get it down to this price, but overall they did a fantastic job.

There's nothing that even comes close to the price point basically. Even if you pimp it out with accessories, you're still not approaching any competition. People will say 256gb+accessories = g2, but completely ignore the fact it's wireless and standalone.

Associate
You won't be able to run flight simulator we'll, nobody can run that perfectly , look at YT, virtual reality oasis, he shows you how to set it up to the best settings, think he had the same GPU

It's the truth! Nobody can!

But this is my question, when there's a game it's just not possible to run at Frames above the RefreshRate, what do we do? The Quest2 will go to half FrameRate automatically? Then we get a not so smooth experience right?

Soldato
It's the truth! Nobody can!

But this is my question, when there's a game it's just not possible to run at Frames above the RefreshRate, what do we do? The Quest2 will go to half FrameRate automatically? Then we get a not so smooth experience right?

If as game can't run at the requested framerate it drops back down to half the refresh rate. It should be smooth, unless of course the game is too hard to run even at half the framerate. It's called Asynchronous Spacewarp.

EDIT: what CPU do you have?

Associate
If as game can't run at the requested framerate it drops back down to half the refresh rate. It should be smooth, unless of course the game is too hard to run even at half the framerate. It's called Asynchronous Spacewarp.

EDIT: what CPU do you have?

I have experienced in other Simulators that ASW makes me very dizzy, very unconfortable feeling. When you move your wings, it just wobbles all over the place, I have read it suits better Games in a Big World, rather than a small cockpit. I'm planning on having it turned off, thats why I asked what would happen with it off in a demanding game.

My CPU is a 3700X. Not the best, but has been very good so far in most games I tried, but now VR is new to me

Associate
Just got my free replacement facial interface, got to say it looks pretty decent and a good freebie (had no issues with the stock interface but wouldn't refuse a free upgrade), not had chance to try it out yet.

Took around 5 days from ordering to delivery.

Soldato
Just got my free replacement facial interface, got to say it looks pretty decent and a good freebie (had no issues with the stock interface but wouldn't refuse a free upgrade), not had chance to try it out yet.

Took around 5 days from ordering to delivery.

Wow! How much contact did you get about that? Dispatch notice etc?

Soldato
I think it's been on applab for a while but I noticed that the WW1 combat flight simulator Warplanes released in the Oculus Quest store this week. Looks like really good fun. Multiplayer modes as well apparently.

Anyone tried it?

Soldato
I think it's been on applab for a while but I noticed that the WW1 combat flight simulator Warplanes released in the Oculus Quest store this week. Looks like really good fun. Multiplayer modes as well apparently.

Anyone tried it?

I bought it and it's surprisingly good. The virtual throttle & stick implementation works well, plus it also has direct control via thumbsticks (take note No Mans Sky!)

Graphics are very good for a Quest game, and it runs very smooth.

The flight model is surprisingly good, and there are different levels of simulation from arcade right up to a full sim.

My biggest critcism so far is it has posters in the game referring to the Royal Air Force, when that didn't exist until after WW1 - It was the Royal Flying Corp!

Not tried multiplayer yet.

Soldato
I bought it and it's surprisingly good. The virtual throttle & stick implementation works well, plus it also has direct control via thumbsticks (take note No Mans Sky!)

Graphics are very good for a Quest game, and it runs very smooth.

The flight model is surprisingly good, and there are different levels of simulation from arcade right up to a full sim.

My biggest critcism so far is it has posters in the game referring to the Royal Air Force, when that didn't exist until after WW1 - It was the Royal Flying Corp!

Not tried multiplayer yet.

Cool. Might have to give it a try as Ultrawings is one of my favourite VR titles and I really like the idea of a multiplayer combat flight game.

If your get a chance to try out the multiplayer part of the game I'd love to hear your thoughts?

Soldato
Really? You need to post in large font and bold here after the new topic as well? Just linking to your own post?

Again. They're not recalling the headsets, They're sending out silicon covers and will be including it with new sales.

Edit - i mean you've even discussed it here with us...

Soldato
Really? You need to post in large font and bold here after the new topic as well? Just linking to your own post?

Again. They're not recalling the headsets, They're sending out silicon covers and will be including it with new sales.

Gagging for MM access. lol
50743172871_081c5c38ae_o_d.gif

Permabanned

Yes, but they have also recalled them from retailers so they are not in stock.

Back
Top Bottom