*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks all, glad to hear issues with the elite strap had been fixed.

I have been quite blown away by the headset as a standalone platform. Games looked and play a lot better than I expected.

I will keep an eye out for the games recommended. I actually had Walkabout Golf on my wishlist. Time to add some more.

Associate
I have loads of games. The ones I keep going back to are Pistol Whip, In Death Unchained, Beat Saber, Pavlov Shak, and RE4. I enjoy S&S but get queasy, Walkabout Golf is fun, as is Superhot.

Soldato
I have loads of games. The ones I keep going back to are Pistol Whip, In Death Unchained, Beat Saber, Pavlov Shak, and RE4. I enjoy S&S but get queasy, Walkabout Golf is fun, as is Superhot.
Pavlov was one of the first games I looked for on the Quest. I loved it on PCVR. I didn't realise it was under the labs, which doesn't seem to be searchable on the app. Anyway I will download that one. Thanks!

Associate
Pavlov was one of the first games I looked for on the Quest. I loved it on PCVR. I didn't realise it was under the labs, which doesn't seem to be searchable on the app. Anyway I will download that one. Thanks!
When you search, at the bottom of the list (at least on ios) it shows App Lab as a hidden result with the option to view it.

Caporegime

I find it's easier to get Apps Labs games via the Side Quest website - https://sidequestvr.com

It's pretty good. I play with my son sometimes. It's not one we goto a lot, but it's fun. I much prefer that over Eleven. Think of it as 360 degree Squash mixed with Breakout.

Cool thanks, I might give it a go.

Soldato
When you search, at the bottom of the list (at least on ios) it shows App Lab as a hidden result with the option to view it.

I didn't notice that before, it is the same on Android. Thanks.

I find it's easier to get Apps Labs games via the Side Quest website - https://sidequestvr.com

Cool thanks, I might give it a go.

Cheers, I need to look at Sidequest and set up a developer account at some point. I've seen some pretty cool ports of Quake 1 & 2 I'd like to try.

Associate
Meta should have fixed the breakage issue now

what do i play ? lets see

Quest specific - Beat Saber, Demeo, Walkabout mini Golf, Pistol Whip, After The Fall

PC VR (via VD) - Asgard Wrath, Elite Dangerous, PGR2

now sure what else

I'd add Lone Echo, Half Life Alyx and Walking Dead Saints and Sinners to the PCVR list

Soldato
I tried Pavlov today, quickly got up to speed with the mechanics against bots. Went online, full of kids shouting some seriously stupid stuff ergh. Next time I need to find the mute all button.

Soldato
I tried Pavlov today, quickly got up to speed with the mechanics against bots. Went online, full of kids shouting some seriously stupid stuff ergh. Next time I need to find the mute all button.

Just had my first squeeker experience in After the Fall. I just let them run ahead, get themselves killed, then killed the zombies myself. Normally I try and help people out, but I really couldn't be bothered to even try that time.

Soldato
When VR was expensive it was generally only adults that had it, so the online experience was pleasant.
Now it's cheap and parents are giving their headsets to kids it's become far less pleasant, especially in the free games.
It's even worse in VR when people behave unpleasantly as they can get right into your personal space, literally in your face.
Best way to play is to team up with mates and enjoy a laugh together. Join the hangout thread!

Soldato
When VR was expensive it was generally only adults that had it, so the online experience was pleasant.
Now it's cheap and parents are giving their headsets to kids it's become far less pleasant, especially in the free games.
It's even worse in VR when people behave unpleasantly as they can get right into your personal space, literally in your face.
Best way to play is to team up with mates and enjoy a laugh together. Join the hangout thread!

This!!

These days I only play multiplayer games with the guys from the Hangout thread and am really enjoying the social side of VR.

If we could only get more players involved :)

Soldato
If we could only get more players involved :)

Yeah, good luck with that one.
50742439333_1cc9762364_o_d.gif

49b496caecd9296d50e804f34269edb2efb3eb78.png

Soldato
My elite strap arrived today and I cannot believe how much of a difference it makes.

I had another crack at Pavlov this evening, after a 2 hour RE4 session. Turned off voice chat and I had such a good time playing search and destroy. I will definitely be up for multiplayer with other OcUKers. I'll post on the hangout thread.

Back
Top Bottom