** OCULUS RIFT VR HEADSET SAVE £200 LIMITED PERIOD ONLY **

OcUK Staff
OP
ordered, hopely itl comes before next week when i am off work. pleaseeee :)

The last I heard about stock was on Thursday last week. There were two estimates 5-10 days and 2 weeks, both from different distributors. I'd take both estimates with a handful of salt and estimate 3-4 weeks if I'm being honest - just to avoid disappointment. The good news is that the summer of rift promo price should be extended to make up for the lack of stock over the promotional period.

Soldato
The last I heard about stock was on Thursday last week. There were two estimates 5-10 days and 2 weeks, both from different distributors. I'd take both estimates with a handful of salt and estimate 3-4 weeks if I'm being honest - just to avoid disappointment. The good news is that the summer of rift promo price should be extended to make up for the lack of stock over the promotional period.

How many promo units have OCUK sold?

Associate

not sure how occulus can decide to run a promo without having the stock to fulfil the orders, seems there's a stock shortage ordering direct according to there forums.

Associate
I think sales of the Rift have been muted up till now because its been seen as a risky purchase and the price was too high for most people to take that risk. But £399 seems to be an important price point, where a lot of people will say what the heck and buy in. It looks like Oculus weren't really prepared for that.

Associate
Well, I ordered the Gaming PC and Rift bundle at lunch time!

To say I'm excited is an understatement, it's been a few years since I could call my PC a Gaming PC and it will be my first time experiencing VR too! :D

Great job with the bundle & pricing chaps, even the missus' agreed that the deal was too good to miss! :eek:

Associate
It's not just the controllers, you actually get more free games as you are sent the individual boxes. The new one is a single box

Associate
How do the Touch Controllers work with racing/driving games?

Don't know as I have a wheel but the touch controllers are effectively a split apart gamepad with oculus remote buttons too...totally mappable in games to use the sticks, not sure about using movement for steering though sorry....most racing games pre-exist touch so they are unlikely to have specific support...

Soldato
I was thinking of getting one (not been overly interested in VR really, but the price...), but if they now give you less than they were it just feels "wrong".
I realise it's probably still a good price, but it's less of a good price than it was.

Associate
its technically not less than it was meant to be, the xbox controller was temporary a controller whilst the touch controllers where not finished and because the original package was old stock it came with the original xbox controller.
hence why you used to get the package in two boxes, 1 with older package contents (rift, xbox controller, sensor) and 1 with touch controllers and extra sensors. its really not that difficult to understand why its been done that way.... now you get the new adjusted 1 box solution which has headset, touch controllers and 2 sensors.
the original package was always temporary until the new stock and package was finalized

Back
Top Bottom