Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the poll result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Its one of those questions isnt it, would Senna give the position up, would Schumacher, would you for that matter?

Tbh, rightly or wrongly, I wouldnt give the position up. Not a winning position, I'd probably give up a 2nd, or a 3rd or whatever, but not a winning position.
I agree, I also think there is a chance that there would have been more of an argument for it if Piastri had been on the gearbox. However, he wasnt even close.
I think its wrong that the team forced the issue. However, no sleep will be lost, it just seemed unnecessary and unprofessional by the team.

Associate
Thoroughly enjoyable race just from the radio messages alone. It could have been an audiobook and I'd have enjoyed it.

Soldato
There's no way of knowing that. That Mclaren is as quick as the RB now
I think the RB is quicker because it's in the mix but with a known issue, which is also why Perez is so far back. If they fix that, Max might clear them.

Associate
I find it pretty disgusting that Lando had to give the place to Piastri.... People bet/gamble on the result of these races yet the true result can be changed by team orders...
imagine you bet on Lando who is McLarens #1 driver who started on pole and you lose your bet just because Piastri happened to lead for a few laps... it's a sham
Gambling is a sham full stop.

Soldato
I find it pretty disgusting that Lando had to give the place to Piastri.... People bet/gamble on the result of these races yet the true result can be changed by team orders...
imagine you bet on Lando who is McLarens #1 driver who started on pole and you lose your bet just because Piastri happened to lead for a few laps... it's a sham

But you're gambling on the end result and a team order is fully within the rules and should be expected within a prediction.

It's hardly a corner telling their boxer to feign getting KO'd in a specific round

Soldato
what is the known issue ?
Too much aero on the front-end, so they have to cut it back which creates understeer (Max prefers oversteer), but if they set it where it should be, the rear snaps out. Can't remember who was discussing it but they need to sort out the rear as that will balance the car.

Associate
I agree, I also think there is a chance that there would have been more of an argument for it if Piastri had been on the gearbox. However, he wasnt even close.
I think its wrong that the team forced the issue. However, no sleep will be lost, it just seemed unnecessary and unprofessional by the team.
Not like Piastri pitted the next lap - so wasn't like Lando 'stole' his pitstop opportunity. Mclaren had a chance to really reduce the gap to Max and decided they didn't want to.

Caporegime

This is why they were banned for a while. But, of course, Norris also only had the lead because of team decision so how can you allow one but not the other? Ultimately, it's a team sport.

Back
Top Bottom