Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that bits hilarious on the radio

Lando : Well tell him to catch up then
Engineer : Lando, he cant catch you up
Lando went all out from the off on his mediums to prove a point and try to make the decision prolonged and more difficult to justify. It clearly worked. Oscar could not catch him at that point no, because he probably wasn't pushing as had been told not to worry about Lando more than once.

Lando couldn't catch Oscar earlier on during the fair racing period where they were both pushing.

Yeah Nico reminds me a bit of Hunt's commentary. Do you remember when Hunt live on air said something in response to Murray Walker talking of why a team was slow or something... "And all I can say to that is bull ****"
IIRC was referring to Rene Arnoux switching from turbo to naturally aspirated
Race was Monaco
Don’t ask me the year!

Lando went all out from the off on his mediums to prove a point and try to make the decision prolonged and more difficult to justify. It clearly worked. Oscar could not catch him at that point no, because he probably wasn't pushing as had been told not to worry about Lando more than once.

Lando couldn't catch Oscar earlier on during the fair racing period where they were both pushing.
Yeah I get that, doesnt change that I found it a hilarious radio exchange though :D

As much as Max embarrassed himself today and should be penalised on the Hamilton collision imo - based on previous penalties - I have to defend him on turn 1 of the first lap.

I don't like the latest take on this where the FIA penalise on turn 1 lap 1. It used to be that most of lap 1 was a given for being fairly lenient on running wide to avoid collisions. I think the same happened to Lewis on Sainz at Austria. Bit harsh.

Has Norris got enough races to haul Max in the championship?

Mathematically, yes, but it requires wildly implausible results. At China, before Norris's win, Max was 52 pts ahead, today that's widened to 76 pts (69 if Norris had won). Max is still consistently picking up more points than Norris - mostly because he's the better driver but partly because Red Bull are getting the strategy right more often and partly because Merc, McLaren, and occasionally Ferrari are trading blows.

Sheesh that Max interview - still completely delusional about the contact with Lewis

...and surprised at the suggestion that he should apologise to the team when it's obvious to anyone that he should merely for all the profanity and insults.

Last edited:
Bittersweet result for me today, big Mclaren fan so 1-2 was excellent, I also love the Hungarian track even though races are not always the best. But the driver swap just seemed unnecessary, even if piastri was leading into the pit stops Norris started on poll so technically they both led. I couldn't hear the radio exchanges due to my 3 year old running about shouting and playing in the same room so I'll have to watch back the last 15 laps or so. Was an OK race overall.

A move that was fully on... :cry:

Yes Max, if your intended line was directly into the run off area

So, erm, it was about managing drivers. He was one, you know?

Ofc I know what you're saying, he has experience as a driver that a clear instruction from the pit wall would be better but equally drivers don't tell team bosses how to manage a team, you know?

Last edited:
All this (ridiculous) talk about whether Max might go to Mercedes - listening in to that diatribe today, why would any team want such a petulant child? Yes he's quick but so are plenty of others in equal machinery and they don't treat the team like ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom