Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the poll result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Max: "Today, under braking he just kept turning to the right and that is why I also locked up because I was going for the move, but I saw the car on the outside kept coming at me. Otherwise, we would've already crashed before. I had to stop the car so that is why I locked up."

Give me strength.

Soldato
I’m pretty new to F1 and I have some questions…

Is max a whiny ***** on the radio all the time, is that his style? Is everyone else like that if they had the radio airtime? (I am basing this off the highlights)

Lap 63 max’s attempted overtake feels like a massive divebomb. if he had pulled it off (forcing Hamilton wide) would it have been allowed?

Why did Norris have to move over for piastri to win? Looking at the results table it’s not as if piastri is beating Norris overall for second place.

Edit ok reading the thread now lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Max: "Today, under braking he just kept turning to the right and that is why I also locked up because I was going for the move, but I saw the car on the outside kept coming at me. Otherwise, we would've already crashed before. I had to stop the car so that is why I locked up."

Give me strength.
Turning to the right. Yeah, well it is a right hand corner Max?! Lol!

Caporegime
Very entertaining race actually! Mainly due to the McLaren stuff and listening to Max whine like a massive baby that didn't get a lollipop.

Really not sure what to think about Norris and Piastri. I think Norris proved he was faster and I was actually surprised he relequinshed the lead. Fair play to him. Not many other drivers would have.

Oscar didn't sound too elated. To be honest I wouldn't be either probably. Bit of a tarnished first win as it was a bit manufactured.

Max.....oh dear. Not winning at a canter in the fastest car so MAXimum toys thrown all out of the pram for miles. Honestly, he came across as such a petulant little piece of **** today. Ridiculous he didn't get a penalty for causing a collision as well.

Pleased Lewis got a podium.

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as we laugh it off because today it isn't that significant given the still large championship gap, Max getting away with his driving standards repeatedly is very concerning and frankly, unsustainable. It is also going to fuel corruption theories.

Soldato
What would they do otherwise? Play Tsunoda’s radio when he gets a bit snippy in p17? (No idea where he finished today tbh)

Of course they’re going to play all the arguments between the WDC leader and his engineer, and likewise the race leader and his engineer. We barely heard from Ferrari or Mercedes.
Well it obviously has an impact on some and gives the anti Max brigade something to talk about. I wonder who they are? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
On the swap around..

If it was agreed before the race.. the whole if we're 1-2 then we'll pit the second place guy first.. and given the undercut.. if the second place driver ends up in front then we will swap you around..

Then Lando did the right thing.. If he had been winning, and Piastri had ended up in front because of the pit stop order, then he'd want the swap obviously..

However instead of arguing, i'm not sure why he didn't swap ASAP, and then say to the team.. ok.. now can we race??? given he was faster in that final stint..

Overall an reasonable race, given this track is usually dull as dishwater..

On the Max move, if the FIA don't do give out a serious penalty for it, then of course he's going to keep doing it.. I guess he's so used to SIM racing, that he feels it's a valid move..
Even Lewis described it as a racing incident...

Transmission breaker
Don
Folks sorry if this has been explained, but why did Mclaren switch Lando and Oscar around?

My understanding is, because they gave the early stop to Llando to stop the risk of an undercut from Lewis/Max, when usually they give the first stop decision to the lead driver.

As such Llando got an undercut advantage that effectively gained him time against Piastri. It got made worse by some Piastri mistakes, meaning Llando ended up quite a bit further down the road when it all wound at at the end.

It would have been agreed pre race that if they split like that for strategy, they would swap back to make it "fairer".

I expect they were considering it the other way around, given the grid positions!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it obviously has an impact on some and gives the anti Max brigade something to talk about. I wonder who they are? :rolleyes: I guess for some it must fulfill there lives..
Bro would you just accept that people are going to talk about Max good or bad when he’s winning the WDC, or fighting for a podium :rolleyes: That’s the sport. He behaved like a massive man child today and thoroughly embarrassed himself and the team. If you want to support RB, go nuts, but you have to accept their behaviour and people commenting on it without calling in the tinfoil hat brigade and protesting against some imaginary anti-Max slander.

Because the stewards report basically tried to blame Lewis and acts like they let him off, it's insane.
They tried to blame Lewis? Huh? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
My understanding is, because they gave the early stop to Llando to stop the risk of an undercut from Lewis/Max, when usually they give the first stop decision to the lead driver.

As such Llando got an undercut advantage that effectively gained him time against Piastri. It got made worse by some Piastri mistakes, meaning Llando ended up quite a bit further down the road when it all wound at at the end.

It would have been agreed pre race that if they split like that for strategy, they would swap back to make it "fairer".

I expect they were considering it the other way around, given the grid positions!
I rather got the impression Mclaren had decided this as part of their race strategy before the race..

Back
Top Bottom