Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the poll result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour
OP
They really need to draft in someone who likes a car that handles the way Max likes it; no idea if that's what Danny Ricc likes but there has to be a reason he seems to be at the forefront of Red Bull's list; because it can't be his performances.

Associate
They really need to draft in someone who likes a car that handles the way Max likes it; no idea if that's what Danny Ricc likes but there has to be a reason he seems to be at the forefront of Red Bull's list; because it can't be his performances.
DR hasn't done too bad recently, today he was affected to by a couple of weird team decisions that saw him to the back of the field but was able to recover and for a while was matching the pace in the top 5.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Max is going to join Merc. That team radio from red bull made it sound like they are tired of Max's antics. Max playing Iracing on its 24 hour event must really urk Christian.

Soldato
I also cringed at the cool down chat bit when Lando very abruptly came out with that out of nowhere. Strange comment. He should consider showing some respect for Lewis.

On the Max Vs Lewis collision. Just simplifying it completely... Is that not the very definition of causing a collision? Max locked up and hence they collided. Most weeks that's a slam dunk pen for anyone.
The FIA as usual are consistently inconsistent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fuming about that. Norris clearly should have won! Also Norris is p2 in the championship, it makes sense for him to get more points.

Mclaren need their heads checking.....Piastre is a no body as far as the championship goes, he should have gone 2nd for his team mate who was beating him on merit.

The only reason Norris got ahead is because the team allowed him to pit first when Oscar should have had first choice. They did this to benefit Norris on the understanding that he would swap places with Oscar given Oscar legitimately took the lead and drove a great race. If they didn’t pit Norris before Oscar then he probably wouldn’t have beaten Oscar on track.

Yet again Norris messed up his start and lost position.

Today feels like McLaren have had to put Norris in his place for getting too big for his boots. The team have publicly reiterated that it’s not all about the aspirations of Norris, and rightly so.

Norris is starting to behave like his podiums are the only thing that matters, and unfortunately that won’t fly with the team, and he will find himself on a slippery slope.

Man of Honour
OP
DR hasn't done too bad recently, today he was affected to by a couple of weird team decisions that saw him to the back of the field but was able to recover and for a while was matching the pace in the top 5.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Max is going to join Merc. That team radio from red bull made it sound like they are tired of Max's antics. Max playing Iracing on its 24 hour event must really urk Christian.

I'm not sure about next season; there's been reports from some of the motorsport media that Marko has committed to a new deal with Red Bull guaranteeing he'll be there until the end of 2026 now, which means Max hasn't got an "out" for 2025 or 2026.
There also are suggestions that the "Helmut" clause in Max' contract has been re-negotiated to ensure that he can't walk in the event that Marko is absent due to illness/death (hardly unlikely with him being 81!)

Last edited:
Soldato
How about Max going to McLaren! Yea, i know contracts have been signed but, they can also be broken too!!

I cant see Max staying in Red Bull. I guess he could go to Merc.
I can only see Merc as an option. Ferrari and McLaren wouldn’t benefit from a better driver, whereas Merc could given the empty seat.

Can’t see him leaving RB just for a a change of scenery though. If there is some internal tension/politics, that could be what drives it.

Associate
The only reason Norris got ahead is because the team allowed him to pit first when Oscar should have had first choice. They did this to benefit Norris on the understanding that he would swap places with Oscar given Oscar legitimately took the lead and drove a great race. If they didn’t pit Norris before Oscar then he probably wouldn’t have beaten Oscar on track.

Yet again Norris messed up his start and lost position.

Today feels like McLaren have had to put Norris in his place for getting too big for his boots. The team have publicly reiterated that it’s not all about the aspirations of Norris, and rightly so.

Norris is starting to behave like his podiums are the only thing that matters, and unfortunately that won’t fly with the team, and he will find himself on a slippery slope.

Disagree.

Oscar made a few mistakes Norris at one stage was fair amount behind and then was right on him because of one of them.

We saw Norris had a lot more pace Oscar was way behind him towards the end of the race that was nothing to do with the undercut.

Norris is acting like a driver who wants to win I don't see what the problem is.

Come end of the season the points he has given up for this race could be a deciding factor for drivers championship.

If I was a driver I wouldn't want to be handed a win how is that really you achieving it.

Soldato
I think it was short sighted by McLaren.

They appear to have a car fast enough for both of their drivers to rival and beat Max.

Max is 76 points ahead of Norris now....could have been 69.

There are 11 races left and in a perfect scenario of Mclaren 1,2s with Norris winning and max coming 3rd everytime that is 110 points.

Obviously the above is unlikely, but it could swing either way and it shows it is still fairly possible Norris could win. McLaren could get even luckier if Max has a few DNFs.

If Lando ends up losing the championship by 7 points, McLaren are going to feel very, very sick and Lando would probably be furious.

Would only take 1 DNF i think to put the cat amongst the pigeons, especially as that RB isn't a second quicker anymore.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ooft.

That was a bit juicy.

Genuinely thought norris wasn't going to let him pass.

Piastri is my favourite driver since he arrived. And to be honest, I've never been keen on norris. I'd have fumed if I was norris hadn't let him pass.

But this stems back to mclaren too. They should have pitted piastri first before this ever became a problem. Even 2 laps before.

This is a tainted 1,2.

Norris is fuming, and probably not a great way for piastri to get his first win.

Oh, verstappen really showing that he's an absolute tool when he had to fight.

Oh, and shame for gasly. Was looking good until yet more reliability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom