Poll: Official 2024 Mexico City Grand Prix Race Thread - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - Race 20/24

Rate the Mexican race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I'm not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Norris was ahead at the apex, after catching Max up under DRS and being well along side going into the corner. By the rules he therefore must be given space. Max did the usual, run wide on purpose expecting the stewards to penalise Norris for going off the track. The problem is this time Norris was ahead at the apex, unlike the last race. The last race Max was only ahead at the apex because he deliberately breaked too late.. which is why the rules need changing. Plenty of other overtakes were made on that corner and most drivers who were overtaken (there were a few exceptions) did not drive the other car off the road.

The second corner, Max didn't ever bother to slow down enough to make the corner and was going off the track if Norris was there or not. Norris was forced off.

Both fully deserved penalties and about time the FIA punished him for what was boarderline dangerous driving in the second corner.

Based on Norris' laptimes on the hard, and only being what 3 point something seconds behind Carlos at the end.. there is every chance Norris would have won that if it wasn't for Max pushing him back 2 places. But Carlos drove very well all weekend and you can't say he didn't deserve that.

Carlos deserved to win 100%

Yep....but, there are a lot of Max haters on here. I like all the drivers.

tbf he doesnt help himself with that, cant deny he is the best driver but when he gets challenged he takes it too far its wreckless and its gonna be difficult to like that , he could have just let lando pass without penalties and end up with better points

Last edited:
Okay, let's accept that for a second. What difference does it make whether or not Norris knows he can't complete the move, or indeed what difference does it make whether or not Norris can complete the move if he thinks he can?

Probably because he knew how Max would react and wanted that reaction. He and Max are good pals. They know each other extremely well in and out of racing!

You can't apportion even 1% of blame to Lando on either of the moves. A driver is entitled to try overtakes around the outside. That he was pushed off the track is down 100% to the way Max conducted himself. You are digging a hole here. This is not a time you can defend Max in any shape or form.

No. He knew full well he couldnt complete the move.

He could have completed the move, he would have gone round the outside, as he was on trajectory to do so and had his nose in front, which would have set him up for the next corner where max would have most likely had to give way

Well paid grade A ********* I should imagine. I'd have to be receiving a 6 figure salary to contribute anything to that toxic cess pit of a team. I hear they pay well in catering. ;)

You see a handful of people on TV you don’t like, there’s thousands of people actually working away in the factory, decent people (who aren't all earning millions like CH, SP, MV etc) - I imagine they're all heavily impacted by e.g. bad press, poor results and the general unpleasantness that can unfold over a weekend which is out of their control. Completely inappropriate and simpleminded to call it a toxic cess pit etc (and them "well paid grade A ***" as you say). Branding everyone with your outlandish (and emotionally charged) brush is frankly stupid.

Of course we could just take your approach and say, the irony of your posts being that if we go off solely their content, I don't think anyone is paying you 6 figures to do any job, anywhere.

You can have a point and be passionate about it without being caught in an online echo chamber and repeating the same old rubbish.

I'll note, as I've already posted, I think Max was completely in the wrong this weekend. So I actually share the same opinion of the race as you, I imagine.

Last edited:
He could have completed the move, he would have gone round the outside, as he was on trajectory to do so and had his nose in front, which would have set him up for the next corner where max would have most likely had to give way

No, Max always takes the corner like that. Lando knows this. Impossible to get round Max. Much better / safer places to overtake when going up against Max.

The move was clearly on, it just required Max to not drive him off track on exit but of course max did exactly that and thus got a penalty. Lando probably knew the spotlight would be on Max's defending after COTA, made sure he was alongside or slightly ahead at the apex (more so than in COTA) and then let Max choose between giving him space (and most likely losing the position) or getting a pretty obvious penalty.

Last edited:
Nope. Not in this case. They all know how Max approaches these situations. Its a lose lose outcome. Better to try elsewhere on the track..
Unfortunately you're still incorrect, in this case, the move was actually legitimately on.

The only reason it wouldn't be, is when the defending driver deliberately tries to drive the overtaking driver off the road or crash the cars.

You can't argue that a move isn't on, just because a particular driver is known to try and cause collisions with other drivers, because by that logic, no move is ever on because such behaviour could be deployed literally anywhere, even on a straight. Nonsense logic.

I see Horners gps traces were actually just made up and Norris' braking points were broadly similar the lap before and after....

You see a handful of people on TV you don’t like, there’s thousands of people actually working away in the factory, decent people (who aren't all earning millions like CH, SP, MV etc) - I imagine they're all heavily impacted by e.g. bad press, poor results and the general unpleasantness that can unfold over a weekend which is out of their control.

And? I don't care.

Completely inappropriate and simpleminded to call it a toxic cess pit etc (and them "well paid grade A ***" as you say). Branding everyone with your outlandish (and emotionally charged) brush is frankly stupid.

It's not like I'm calling Jane in accounts a bad person. The immediate F1 team in general, has sadly been ran by people at the top who have allowed a toxic culture for some time. I'm not sure why you get so offended about people calling that out and anger that it still goes on. It's well known. It's also highly relevant because it's part and parcel of why Max continues to drive like he does.

Of course we could just take your approach and say, the irony of your posts being that if we go off solely their content, I don't think anyone is paying you 6 figures to do any job, anywhere.

It's true, you've found me out. My posting on OCUK forum F1 threads have definitely held back my career. lol

You can have a point and be passionate about it without being caught in an online echo chamber and repeating the same old rubbish.

Thanks for your permission to have thoughts and opinions. Much appreciated. As I said it's not an echo chamber calling out Red Bull for being the way they are. Fanboys just don't like to be reminded all the time.

Back
Top Bottom