**Official** Aion Beta Thread

[timko];14499037 said:
Well at least I finally know you've read it, acknowledgement sooner would have been nice though :)

Anyway, what connection are you on? The day before the last closed beta #3 I managed to pull down the client at full speed for my moderately slow (in comparison to those on Virgin 50Mb at least) 14Mb connection.

I am on BT 8mb, however you wouldnt have thought so at my speeds - currently d/l at 166kb/sec

There servers will be getting hammered :P In Close beta 2 I was downloading at 30-50kb/sec (16mb line) then after I formatted ready for Closed Beta 3 I was downloading at 1mb a sec. Just too many people downloading it atm I'm afraid :(

Hello there :)

Woot less than 30 mins to go, i got a box of Jaffa's and a can of coke on stand by. I am gonna grab quests like a mad man and start leveling :D

If they are resetting all levels when the game is released is there a specific reason some people are wanting to level so quickly. I think I'd be happy to just have a look and get a feel for the game to see if I cancel my pre-order or not.

hehe :D UltraDad do you know what your name will be?

I shall invite you to the legion. Got me a bottle of pepsi and some chocolate brownie cake + some filthy electro!

If they are resetting all levels when the game is released is there a specific reason some people are wanting to level so quickly.

That's a good question, even though you didn't add a question mark :D

I think for a lot of people it's to be able to preview as much of the game as possible before it comes out. This has some advantages and some disadvantages. On the positive side it gives people a real good feel of the game having got in sufficiently far to see how good/bad it is. On the downside, it's a bit like reading up about a much anticipated film before comes out and ruining it for yourself to some extent.

One other reason for wanting to level so quickly, and this will only be for a small minority, I would have to say is the e-peen factor :D

I level at my own pace which is usually pretty fast to be honest, I always like to be aiming for something to complete, so it's, quest then another, then another, then another and its now 4am!

But I don't tend to purposely rush my leveling.

It's live i believe just laggy. Saw someone just login on a live stream, took about 3-4 mins and its really laggy too. Should be all right in 30mins or so :)

It's live i believe just laggy. Saw someone just login on a live stream, took about 3-4 mins and its really laggy too. Should be all right in 30mins or so :)

Makes sense, I imagine there are a crazy amount of people trying to get in, I'm still in the queue.

Apparently there are 2 new servers as well.

Edit: OK it kicked me out, well, we persevere.

And again.

Last edited:
"You have been disconected from the server"

It takes long time before you get to the logon screen, then it kicks you out and closes the client, me not happy :(

Are you on 32 bit? Try the following:

A:

Here is the fix if you would like to play Aion for the upcoming European and NA preview weekend :

Download the Gameguard.des fix for Aion on Windows 7
Extract the Gameguard.des from the .rar you just downloaded
Open up this folder for 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion\bin32
and this for 32bit: C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\bin32
Rename GameGuard.des to GameGuard.old and copy the one from the rar you just downloaded
Now you can play
Enjoy your weekend!

Download URL = http://www.aionforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gameguard.rar

Link = http://www.aionforce.com/2009/06/04/fix-for-windows-7-and-aion-europena/

B:

First if you are getting GameGuard errors, try running Aion as an administrator:
- Right click the NCSoft Icon and select "Run as Administrator"...

If this doesn't work, and it's a freshly downloaded install via the plaync launcher, disable UAC:
- Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control -> move the slider all the way to the bottom -> reboot

If this doesn't work, and/or you are using a friends winxp/vista install (copied over network or burned to dvd whatever), or the file planet download/install do the following:

- Navigate to C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\Bin32 and delete the folder "GameGuard"
- Relaunch the plaync launcher, then rerun Aion, it should download the windows 7 compliant gameguard

Back
Top Bottom