**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Well it's all over for another 2 weeks or so. I hope everyone had a good weekend :D

I didn't see many guildies on though, just Sofian, Olwyn and Hideki Kun.

So this time I created a new character and actually used more than the default given skills. Result? Levelling up is much easier! I played a Ranger last time with the 2 basic given skills all the way to Lv13. I would have been lucky to be able to kill an enemy at the same level as me in one life without plenty of life potions on hand. This time around I played a chanter and with all the extra skills and I can quite easily kill an enemy two levels above me. I got to Lv16 in much less time than it took for me to reach Lv13 last time! I feel like such a muppet for not having discovered where they hid the extra skills last time round :D

Anyway, having reached similar positions in the storyline twice now, I think I will want to do something different for the remaining closed betas...

In a Legion, is it possible to just go round and gang up on other legions for fights? Or do we still have to stick to doing quests?

You mean legion vs legion to get EXP? I don't think you can do that. In later levels I think your legion can fight for castle points on the maps that will earn your legion money etc. But I usually try to group with another legion member while questing or random mob killing to make it more entertaining :)

Basically all weekend was spent with Olwyn! We kept meeting up in the same places by accident, was great fun and just managed to get to level 24 :D

I can't believe you didn''t use other skills on your original character [timko] haha! I would have gone made by lvl 10 if I was still on the stock skills. I shall get some screenshots up later or tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry not Sofian, Shenryn :P I was hanging around with you too much last beta!

Got my priest and gladiator both to lvl 10 and i think i had more fun as my priest. In some ways he seemed stronger, next beta ill get them both to lvl 15 and hopefully that will be a good enough lvl to decide what class im gonna stick with.

Got my priest and gladiator both to lvl 10 and i think i had more fun as my priest. In some ways he seemed stronger, next beta ill get them both to lvl 15 and hopefully that will be a good enough lvl to decide what class im gonna stick with.

I got a chanter to 13 and glad to 13. The glad becomes stronger after 10 and has a lot more dps and AOE than chanter. Also looks cooler. ;)

I am sure chanter is fun higher up too but I like the raw staying power of the glad due to the armor and immense dps. :)

I got bored of leveling my Templar, just too many people for the quests that want you to kill 10 mobs when only 5 spawn every 2 minutes.

Been leveling my assassin, got to say they are fun.

Think I'm going to skip the rest of the beta events, don't want to play too much the get bored when the game is released.

You do know that you can move channels to one where there are less people? I did that when mobs were a bit on the limited side to complete quests.

You do know that you can move channels to one where there are less people? I did that when mobs were a bit on the limited side to complete quests.

Of course, but for the first day that wasn't possible for some reason, and then it took an hour to log in due to queues so taking a break was impossible.

Was just to hectic.

ok so how do you move channels? does that put you in a different instance of the zone then?

also what was that with people getting new skills? are you saying you can train in skill of other classes?

and how do people get into the abyss? was the pvp disable for this beta run? Thats the only thing i really wanted to try out.

ok so how do you move channels? does that put you in a different instance of the zone then?

also what was that with people getting new skills? are you saying you can train in skill of other classes?

and how do people get into the abyss? was the pvp disable for this beta run? Thats the only thing i really wanted to try out.

Menu, support, change channel.

You can aquire 5 total "Stigma" skills which are from other classes, but they are unique to your class, so an assassin cannot take a stigma skill that a Templar would use etc etc.

Abyss requires level 25, this weekend was basicaly supposed to be to test it but as far as I know not many did it because it took so bloody long to get from 20-25.

ah cool, thanks. So how do you get the stigma skills? Do they come at certain levels?

I played a cleric up to 18 and enjoyed it, will give the Templar a go in the next round , im just wondering how much use a templar would be in a fight, not as good as a true warrior and not as good as a true cleric. Would the hybrids be in much demand.

in fact is there much of a PvE endgame planned for this, boss mobs etc or will it be PvP.

I didnt get much play this CB weekend sadly :( What play I did do was on the asmo side though as I wanted to see what the "dark" side was like :)

I deffo know what I am going to be rolling in LIVE. I also dont wanna do everything in beta then come LIVE have no desire to do it all again. So I am taking it slow in CB atm.

Really looking forward to the release though :D

Does anyone know how large and how "free" the zones are ? I looked at some Aion world maps online and there only appeared to be about 5 or 6 zones for each side?? (abyss excepted). Are they enormous zones with a lot of freedom? Or quite small zones? If , for instance, I am level 'x' , do I have a few zones to choose from for levelling (and the sites I looked at just didnt have maps for those) , or is there 1 zone to level in? Say...1 zone from 1-10, 1 zone from 10-20, 1 zone from 20-30, 1 zone from 30-40 etc?

Well each map gets proggressively harder if thats what you mean? For Elyos you start off in Protera which is aimed at getting you to level 10. Then you will move to Veteron (larger map) which gets you to level 20 and now I've gone to the next 2 maps which are both getting me to level 25 at the moment with much much more to explorer. The current map I am on (can't remember the name) is about 2-3 times the size of Veteron and about 10x the size of Protera.

It's also only has 1 game channel so their is a lot more people about compared to the other maps.

Edit: I'll be posting new pics later today. I keep forgetting! I'm at work atm so I haven't got them with me.

ah cool, thanks. So how do you get the stigma skills? Do they come at certain levels?

I played a cleric up to 18 and enjoyed it, will give the Templar a go in the next round , im just wondering how much use a templar would be in a fight, not as good as a true warrior and not as good as a true cleric. Would the hybrids be in much demand.

in fact is there much of a PvE endgame planned for this, boss mobs etc or will it be PvP.

They are all Hybrids, there is no such thing as a "true warrior" there is either a Templar or a Gladiator, at lv10 all 4 classes split into 1 of 2 options.

Templar = Only tank in Aion, basicaly it's PvE oriented, they have nothing to do with clerics.

Stigma skills are learnt from items that are dropped rarely by random mobs, you get 1 at lv20 from a quest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom