**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I pre-ordered the game over a week back from :D and was promised as part of the pre-prder a beta key which I haven't received yet and there is a beta on the 31st.

Any ideas when I should be getting this?

You will be getting it sometime this week. NCSoft always release keys to retailers closer to the next closed beta.

bakes0310, they give you more than one character slot so you can do both... and more!

I'm definitely going with cleric for sure to start off with. Once I'm in sufficiently far with that then I will start a second, different, class :)

[timko];14569372 said:
bakes0310, they give you more than one character slot so you can do both... and more!

I'm definitely going with cleric for sure to start off with. Once I'm in sufficiently far with that then I will start a second, different, class :)

I know i get more than one slot but at my pace ill be left far behind if i have more than one toon.

really looking forward to this game. I am in beta ,also my guild is joining this game, we also play eq2 and vanguard but are a hardcore guild Xanadu hope to see you guys in game:D

What time does the beta open? And is it meant to be downloading the north american client? It's downloading at 79kbps, painfully slowly :( 1381 mins remaining!

Last edited:
I'll never get the client in time :/

What speeds are others getting from the launcher?

Edit: I heard that changing your region to America in the options boosts download speed, and it does. Getting 0.5mbs now. Wierd...

Last edited:
Downloading the patch right now, which is at anything from 80 to 130 kbs/sec.

The beta forums will be up from tomorrow night also, 8pm and onwards.

Aion closed beta schedule updated
[tko]
#1 - June 5 - June 7

#2 - June 19 - June 22
Focus: Asmodian levels 1-20

#3 - July 2 - July 6
Focus: Elyos and Asmodians 1-20

#4 - July 17 - July 20
Focus: Elyos and Asmodian levels 1-25, including access to the Abyss

#5 - July 31 - August 3
Focus: Focus: Elyos and Asmodian levels 1-30

Start 8pm Fri : End 8pm Mon
New Sound files have been added
...• NPCs should now have a greet and farewell voice
...• Cutscenes will now have voice
...• Race Prologues are now available when you create a new character for Elyos and Asmodian
...• Tutorial videos are now available in game via the help menu
...• Player voices are now available at character creation
...• System voices are now available

#6 - August 14 - August 17
Focus: TBD

[tko]
From http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/closed-beta-5-is-coming-1.html

Even though I've said I don't think I'll play because I don't want to spoil any of the higher end, I imagine I will on sunday, got a wedding to go to on saturday so thats out.

May give a caster a go, havn't tried them yet.

How long does the thing take to download and when can you log in on the 31st? A minute past midnight or sometime in the morning?

It depends on how fast your net connection is and it also depends on how busy NCSoft's server are. Just start downloading it now and hopefully you should have it ready for tomorrow.

As for when you can login, if you see my post above your "WWooooooss!!!£"!$325235 I gotzorasaer b3tasfw cod3wrwdf!" post you will see I posted the times, 8pm Fri UK time.

Hello there ;)

Man a 438mg download and its going at 39kb a sec, hope its ready for tomorrow night :D. Got my chanter to almost lvl 20 last time so back to the grind tomorrow night.

I would start downloading patch asap if i was you :eek:

[timko];14578858 said:
It depends on how fast your net connection is and it also depends on how busy NCSoft's server are. Just start downloading it now and hopefully you should have it ready for tomorrow.

As for when you can login, if you see my post above your "WWooooooss!!!£"!$325235 I gotzorasaer b3tasfw cod3wrwdf!" post you will see I posted the times, 8pm Fri UK time.

Goddamit, sorry I didn't read your useful post the first time round :)

Bit annoyed its 8pm though :mad: got friends over from Holland midday friday, wedding all day saturday and im working sunday and monday :mad: im going to be lucky if I reach level 5.

Oh well, so excited for this game at least it will give me a taster i guess :p

What is up with their NCsoft client. When I closed the program, sometimes the download wouldn't restore itself and would just start at 0% again. It would also tell me it was installing, but I would actually have to click 'play game' to start it running.

Small niggles of course, but it makes me appreciate WoW and steam updates much more.

Back
Top Bottom