**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I'm confised by all the excitement around Aion, as is it not made by the same company that made RF? And that was just a depressing grind-fest...

Can anyone enlighten me..

There has been the occasions where I've had to grind, but that wasn't all the time. It's far from being a grind fest at the moment, and patch 1.5 will bring many more quests to the game before release.

Last edited:
US > EU guide isnt applicable mate, the other client I have installed is the chinese retail

Ah I see, you didn't mention that before, at least not in this thread :) I've read that in terms of patching/build number the non-asian versions are behind so I'd imagine part of you experience of the EU version would be "retrograde" in a sense.

Hi all, I'm on the beta too, going to try to finish downloading it tonight... while I take my gf out to see Harry Potter, unfortunately we already agreed... *facepalm*

Anyhow, shall look you guys up in game. Have fun with it!

Just wanna thank maxilive for putting up the download info for the new patch. Saved me a lot of time. :)

I'd also like to join the OC Legion if there's still room? I played in the first 2 betas but haven't played since. I plan on playing the rest though and have pre-ordered the game and will be playing from launch. Still playing WoW on and off atm, but getting quite bored of it. :o Need something a bit different and like what I see of Aion so far.

Can't quite remember my character name in the Beta, but will let you know after I login tonight.

Hopefully see some of you online :)

EDIT: My character name is Dave and I'm a Cleric. :)

Last edited:
You can, but on the other servers. You will have to wait till tomorrow to make one on Ariel probably :(

Also, vent details:

IP: fluorine.typefrag.com
Port: 24721

I have been downloading almost two full days now and still only 72%. My nerd rage is building ;) really want to play the game but beginning to get the feeling that I have signed to this BETA weekend for sweet FA. Much to my annoyance.

Anyone playing at the mo? Having fun? Deal me in here!!!!!!!!!! Im suffering!!!!!!!!!

So, having previously got 2 characters (Elyos) to around LV13->LV16 in the previous two rounds of beta testing I thought I would be bored by this round. I forgot about the Asomodians so I created a character there instead and got to follow a different story line, quests etc :cool:

Forgive the horrible JPG-ing on the screenshots. Looks better when you actually see it.

So far I have found it to be quite intriguing. I am getting the kind of feeling that its like a cross between WoW and Daoc. In fact...I am finding quite a few similarities with Daocs mechanics. Its definately polished, as you would expect from a game which has been out for a while. Its also remarkably smooth and lag-free with everything maxxed out, at least it has been for me.

I find myself rather enjoying it so far, especially as there is that niggling something in my head which keeps screaming Daoc at me. Which is a good thing :)

I had pretty low expectations but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

aion0001bb.jpg

aion0002bw.jpg

aion0006b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the male toons are certainly in touch with their feminine side :D

He're my first attempt :

Aion0000.jpg

and my second.....

Aion0001.jpg

Finally found the facial hair setting, but I reckon my final guy is still a bit suss :)

Aion0003.jpg

Edit - I think the moustache settles this guy's manhood beyond all doubt :D

Aion0005.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom