**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Excellent thanks. Games companies have that really annoying habit of serving FMV's as screenshots. Took me so long to find actual pics of blood bowl, and obviously it looked nothing like the "official" screenshots or videos.

Preordered collectors edition from steam and am currently patching it up.
Why is the NCsoft servers so slow? got a 20meg connection and barely getting up to 700kbps.

Hehehe, here is my warrior :)

aion0000cyy.jpg

I've just bought the game from the NCsoft site and it's said that my account has been activated yet I still can't log in to the forums?

Do I need to do anything with this unique account ID I received or is it just a waiting game?

I've just bought the game from the NCsoft site and it's said that my account has been activated yet I still can't log in to the forums?

Do I need to do anything with this unique account ID I received or is it just a waiting game?

I've never tried to log in to the forums so cant help I'm afraid. I suppose there might be some delay before the forum access is sorted? Maybe someone who has tried the forums will be able to help more :)

Forgive the horrible JPG-ing on the screenshots. Looks better when you actually see it.

So far I have found it to be quite intriguing. I am getting the kind of feeling that its like a cross between WoW and Daoc. In fact...I am finding quite a few similarities with Daocs mechanics. Its definately polished, as you would expect from a game which has been out for a while. Its also remarkably smooth and lag-free with everything maxxed out, at least it has been for me.

I find myself rather enjoying it so far, especially as there is that niggling something in my head which keeps screaming Daoc at me. Which is a good thing :)

I had pretty low expectations but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

I know what you're saying Tombstone, when I started I didn't expect much but its exceeded my expectations. I think the RvR could be really good, although I've only tried a few low level duels the pvp mechanic seems solid with plenty of room for tactics. The presentation is excellent and as you say its very polished. I think the animations are also nicely done. It would have to go a fair way to beat daoc but theres definitely something there, which is more than can be said for pretty much all recent mmorpgs. I've go my copy ordered :)

I was playing the chinese one and managed to make my character there basically like Heihachi from Tekken lol

I was playing a scout today and realised I'd made him look quite a lot like Cervantes from Soul Cailbur:

Aion0001-1.jpg

The character creation options are immense, I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for their alts. There was a very good Michael Jackson in the last beta - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14429385&postcount=581

Ive finally decided to make a gladiator class on the retail release, so i cant wait now:D
Anyway hows everyone else getting on so far ive just hit lvl 11 probably get to 12 and then call it quits and wait for final beta test.

So has this been released yet then?

No, 25th September in Europe I think.

By the way, I'm interested in this game and have been for a while, been following the progress of it for about a year or so. I'm just worried that my computer won't be able to run it all too well if I buy it. My spec:

Pentium Dual-Core E2180 @ 3GHz
2GB DDR2 Ram (PC6400)
Radeon HD 3850 256MB
Windows XP OS
Resolution: 1440x900 usually depending on how well a game will run, otherwise I turn it down to 1280x1024.

How well do you think it will run on this system from the Beta results so far? Low/Medium/High graphics settings?

Thanks for your help.

Templar might be a better choice than Gladiator, as they have little or no active healing and protection. Especially if your in the role of tank, where survivability is more important than damage. I don't think the dmg is too great either, no doubt the spell casters rule that department.

Templar might be a better choice than Gladiator, as they have little or no active healing and protection. Especially if your in the role of tank, where survivability is more important than damage. I don't think the dmg is too great either, no doubt the spell casters rule that department.

Hopefully shouldnt be a problem as my mate who i should be playing with is gonna be a cleric:)

No, 25th September in Europe I think.

By the way, I'm interested in this game and have been for a while, been following the progress of it for about a year or so. I'm just worried that my computer won't be able to run it all too well if I buy it. My spec:

Pentium Dual-Core E2180 @ 3GHz
2GB DDR2 Ram (PC6400)
Radeon HD 3850 256MB
Windows XP OS
Resolution: 1440x900 usually depending on how well a game will run, otherwise I turn it down to 1280x1024.

How well do you think it will run on this system from the Beta results so far? Low/Medium/High graphics settings?

Thanks for your help.

I'm playing on my laptop at the moment, the specs are;

2ghz core2duo
4g ram
Radeon HD 3470 256mb
1280x800

I get an average of ~50fps with low settings and ~40 with medium, no AA though. I believe the 3850 is a lot better than the 3470 so you should be able to run it easily on medium with 2xaa.

So far, I've basically found it to be extremely similar to WoW with better sounding RvR. If you like WoW but find it a bit to carebear then you will certainly enjoy this.

Well another weekend over, makes me want to play even more. I can't wait for retail and would be good to have a semi decent sized guild off here.

I played on Frogion(sp) on my 21 Asmodian Assassin and loved it.

Will be doing Elyos Assassin with the guild off here come retail.

In the last hour i had so much group pvp in Morheim it was brilliant!

So whats everyone's opinion of the game for those who just played Beta for the first time or for those who have done a few Betas?

Personally I found it exceeded my expectations by an absolute mile. I loved the game it seems to take the best from WoW and other good aspects from other MMO's and then put them in a very impressive and well realised world. For a new game (yes its been rolling Asia for a while) I found it to be extremley smooth and almost completely lag free and at the same time being extremely polished.

Cannot wait for the actual release to be able to advance my character farther and be able to enjoy the game a lot more.

I was so impressed that there are two only tiny little faults that I have personally found with the game so far.

- The annoyingly Mangaish voices of all characters, hopefully there will be some more distinction away from this on the Western release.
- Seems very solo focused, at least at the earlier levels, I did not really see any groups running round nor any quests which required an actual group. Whilst I disliked the game WAR was very impressive in its use of groups throughout the game, I wish AION would take on a little more of this.

But hell as I say these are tiny faults in an otherwise massively impressive game.

PS. Character customization is very, very impressive.

So whats everyone's opinion of the game for those who just played Beta for the first time or for those who have done a few Betas?

Personally I found it exceeded my expectations by an absolute mile

Thats been my impression. Its been far better than I possibly thought it would be. Has gone from a definate not interested in buying to a looks 90% certain to buy.

Getting really annoyed with the people who are cropping up on various Aion forums wanting to not do any PvP though. Asking for the pvp to be removed or to make it so that you have to turn on your pvp flag to be attacked. Its not that sort of game, just leave it alone..there are plenty of other games you could do if thats your playstyle..stop messing about with every promising new pvp title that comes along.

Last edited:
Ive played 2 betas so far, and i have to say i really enjoyed it, ive only got to lvl 11 as im quite a casual player, but i can see that im gonna sink as much time into this as i can. I really enjoy my gladiator and getting new gear for her.

Back
Top Bottom