**Official** Aion Beta Thread

My glad levels up pretty quick. Gone from 14 to 16 in a couple hours (also ate dinner in that time lol). I just rip thru mobs then pop a potion from time to time.

I cannot wait for retail!

I agree we need to get an ocuk guild.

My glad levels up pretty quick. Gone from 14 to 16 in a couple hours (also ate dinner in that time lol). I just rip thru mobs then pop a potion from time to time.

I cannot wait for retail!

I agree we need to get an ocuk guild.

Can you explain how to lvl up like that my glad didnt seem to be that quick maybe im playing it wrong.

Can you explain how to lvl up like that my glad didnt seem to be that quick maybe im playing it wrong.

I turned in one quest for like 1/4 of my xp bar at 15 so I think I hit a sweet spot. Just do the quests that say kill such and such mob and then grind there for a bit.

I normally grind on mobs 1-2 levels above me and after the third one, use a pot. Expensive but its like having a healer with you. Also a good bow is essential for pulling and doing 20% damage before they even get to you.

:)

Must admit that a guild makes all the difference, its soooo much faster levelling in guild groups. Plus of course the protection that guildmates provide from those nasty enemy players :)

Well im in :D I will most def be playing a gladiator. Oh and I would love to be asmodian.

Ah..well I am already guilded, it was more of a general statement :)

I am not to sure what race people will go, but going by the start of the thread i think it'll be Elyos.

Must admit that I really am not decided which one I prefer at the moment, happy to go with whatever my guilds concensus is.

Well another weekend over, makes me want to play even more. I can't wait for retail and would be good to have a semi decent sized guild off here.

I played on Frogion(sp) on my 21 Asmodian Assassin and loved it.

Will be doing Elyos Assassin with the guild off here come retail.

In the last hour i had so much group pvp in Morheim it was brilliant!

How did you find the Assassin in pvp? I'm torn between Sin/Ranger for my main. Got a ranger up to 14 and really enjoyed the class. More difficult to play then than my Cleric but also more fun, fights have to be planned and it keeps you thinking rather than just mashing buttons.

As for the game itself I agree with what has been said already, its much much better than I expected it to be. Can't wait for retail :D

Couple of pics from the end of beta 5:

Aion0000.jpg

Aion0008.jpg

How did you find the Assassin in pvp? I'm torn between Sin/Ranger for my main. Got a ranger up to 14 and really enjoyed the class. More difficult to play then than my Cleric but also more fun, fights have to be planned and it keeps you thinking rather than just mashing buttons.

Well it's pretty good on equal footing, but until 25 when you get more stuns you suffer a little especially locking someone down so they don't decimate you. I just waited for the group to go in then took the cloth people from behind or joined in with the rest and racked up the pvp points.

I heard 25-30 the Assassin gets a lot better and at 50 they are very deadly, but in the end it's how you play the character. I think Rangers are pretty good aswell got one to 14 but prefered my Assassin by a long shot. In the end Rangers/Sorcs will probably rack up more kills due to sitting at the back destroying people.

Just choose what you liked the best, there is another beta weekend in two weeks play both and see which you prefer.

Look at that...theres always some guy with a 'tache bragging about the size of his wings :)

I was going for the greasy, ageing lethario look ;)

Cheers for the info v1bez, I'll probably get my Ranger high enough to do some pvp next beta and see if I can group up with an assassin. Don't fancy doing 1-10 again till retail :)

Ive played 2 betas so far, and i have to say i really enjoyed it, ive only got to lvl 11 as im quite a casual player

This was my 3rd beta and this time round I tried Asmodian. Quite interesting with a different race, worlds, quests etc. I created a new character in each round of beta testing. In the last two round, I had a Ranger Lv12 and then a Cleric Lv16. I didn't put in any near as much time into this round as I did the other two and only got to Lv11 with a Templar. The lack of self healing, having coming from a Cleric probably, slowed things down a bit as well :)

Back
Top Bottom