**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I missed out this weekend as I was in Paris for the weekend.....bleh

owell 1 more round to go. Hopefully I should be around for it :)

I am really looking forward the release of Aion though. I am trying to avoid playing the beta too much as I want some bits to be new on LIVE

[timko];14612162 said:
That makes sense, thanks for explaining :)

So that's 3 votes for Ereshkigal. Seeing as Maxilive decided Ariel for Elyos I'm going to go ahead and announce this now...

OCuk Aion Legion Servers
For the remaining round of closed beta #6 and when the game is released in
September, users wishing to participate in the OCuk Aion Legion should create
their characters on the following two servers, depending on the race you've chosen...

Elyos = Ariel
Asomodian = Ereshkigal

:cool:

I'll be going Asomodian because the Collector's edition wings seem to look a lot sexier on the Asomodian :D Will be playing on Ereshkigal with my mate.

Edit: Will also join Ariel on Elyos'

Last edited:
[timko];14612162 said:
That makes sense, thanks for explaining :)

So that's 3 votes for Ereshkigal. Seeing as Maxilive decided Ariel for Elyos I'm going to go ahead and announce this now...

OCuk Aion Legion Servers
For the remaining round of closed beta #6 and when the game is released in
September, users wishing to participate in the OCuk Aion Legion should create
their characters on the following two servers, depending on the race you've chosen...

Elyos = Ariel
Asomodian = Ereshkigal

:cool:

Last time I tried I had an error message telling me that I already have some chars there etc and could not create any more even though I had no chars oh those servers.

But will remember and will create my main chars on those servers when the game is released.

IIRC char creation in CBT5 was locked for a while on the original servers to force new users to the 2 new servers.

Thanks for the info, however they should have change the error message for something to point this out. I really was confused by it. Anyway I have it on pre order and really looking forward to playing the full version.

Closed Beta 6 info

1) There will NOT be another level cap increase. 30 will remain the max level.

2) This is the last closed beta and there WILL be a wipe before open beta, so have fun and screenshot anything you want to save. :)

3) CBT6 will remain version 1.0

I hope they release the next patches as DL files from elsehere.
The NC dowloader is utter pants.
Its puzzling how their chinese servers seem to much faster when patching or DLing files.

I finally managed to grab some time and play one of the EU betas last weekend.
Server we were on Erizikagul or something seemed to be a lot mroe laggy than the chinese servers we were playing on. Where are the EU Beta servers located?

Im really liking the voices, somethign the chinese one was missing, the little ratdogcatmen sound great xD

also seems that there have been some slight changes to come of the quests/cutscenes either that or I cant remember them on the Ch version.

Plays just as well as the chinese servers but the ability to pull randoms into group was great, its like Aion went proper MMO again xD We had very little opportunity just to grab random in teh Ch version.

Were still to decide what server were gonna jump on for retail, are the existing server names even gonna stay?

And still no reply from NC as to wether NC Time cards will work for Aion, Im assuming they will but dont wanna order a load only to find out theyre useless.

And still to find out what the requirements are for each region, do we need billing/address/cc registered in that region?

Still got half the guild unsure if they can actually play with the rest of us on the EU servers :(

I hope they release the next patches as DL files from elsehere.
The NC dowloader is utter pants.

Must admit I had dreadful speeds from the NC downloader for the last patch. In the end I just downloaded it from elsewhere in about 3 minutes :)

I finally managed to grab some time and play one of the EU betas last weekend.Server we were on Erizikagul or something seemed to be a lot mroe laggy than the chinese servers we were playing on. Where are the EU Beta servers located?

I'm guessing it was Ereshkigal server? Thats the server I was on, I hardly experienced any lag though. Having said that, I must admit that we spent a lot of our time on other game channels so that we could level faster because of all the people on some of the channels.

No idea whereabouts the EU servers are located though.

Were still to decide what server were gonna jump on for retail, are the existing server names even gonna stay?

The existing server names are staying for release, and there will be a couple of new ones too.

And still to find out what the requirements are for each region, do we need billing/address/cc registered in that region?

Havent read anything about this, but I would imagine so.

Still got half the guild unsure if they can actually play with the rest of us on the EU servers :(

In the past in games we have got round this by simply doing it for guildies and they paypal us the money. Easy to do and bypasses any issues.

Just picked up the CE edition on steam, look forward to giving it a shot next beta weekend :)

No major expectations after the disappointments of AOC and WAR so we'll see how it goes.

Must admit I had dreadful speeds from the NC downloader for the last patch. In the end I just downloaded it from elsewhere in about 3 minutes :)

Yup

Tombstone said:
I'm guessing it was Ereshkigal server? Thats the server I was on, I hardly experienced any lag though. Having said that, I must admit that we spent a lot of our time on other game channels so that we could level faster because of all the people on some of the channels.

No idea whereabouts the EU servers are located though.

It was definatley more sluggish than the Ch servers we played on.

Tombstone said:
The existing server names are staying for release, and there will be a couple of new ones too.

but come release everyone will be piling onto them ;)
We had a huge problem with War, 3 Hour queues to log into something were paying a monthly charge for notyvm. We all left War

Tombstone said:
Havent read anything about this, but I would imagine so.

NC are being very tight lipped about it.

Tombstone said:
In the past in games we have got round this by simply doing it for guildies and they paypal us the money. Easy to do and bypasses any issues.

Yeah thats what were doing.

thing is we dont want to have all the games purchsed, email the keys to the guys abroad, have them add keys to accounts. Then them be told because of x reason they cant play a game theyve paid for.

Theyve not confirmed or denied anything with regards to playing on opposite regions which has already annoyed a lot of people as theyve missed out on CE's not knowing which version to purchase

I'm playing the Chinese server at the moment and it's just not grabbing me at all. I really want to like this game for the pvp but I don't and I don't know why.

On the other hand I've been playing lotro free week offer and I love it, it's the total opposite to what I normally look for in an mmo but I'm really enjoying it.

but come release everyone will be piling onto them ;)
We had a huge problem with War, 3 Hour queues to log into something were paying a monthly charge for notyvm. We all left War

Sadly theres not a lot that can be done about that, the MMO genre has such a large userbase now that when a half decent release comes out it has substantially more people trying it than in the past. Got to expect queues for the first few weeks these days.

I'm playing the Chinese server at the moment and it's just not grabbing me at all. I really want to like this game for the pvp but I don't and I don't know why.

On the other hand I've been playing lotro free week offer and I love it, it's the total opposite to what I normally look for in an mmo but I'm really enjoying it.

Look on the brightside, in the LOTRO thread you were worried that you wouldnt be able to play LOTRO for a few months because of the release of Aion. At least now that you know Aion isnt your cup of tea you can ignore it and continue with LOTRO :)

Look on the brightside, in the LOTRO thread you were worried that you wouldnt be able to play LOTRO for a few months because of the release of Aion. At least now that you know Aion isnt your cup of tea you can ignore it and continue with LOTRO :)

hehe yeh, good point, but Aion is pvp, I need to get into it, I'm sure it's the fact that I'm only a lvl 8 priest so it's very slow going for now. Plus little niggles like no left mouse look, auto run (side mouse button) works but I have to click left mouse button first, and autoattack always seems to stop on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom