**Official** Aion Beta Thread

So is this game any good then, really tempted to have a blast on this. MMo's aint really my thing altho i really enjoyed Age of conan, gr8 gfx and game play.

I have read thro a little bit of the above but tbh there is way to much info for me look thro the find what i'm asking?

So is this game any good then, really tempted to have a blast on this. MMo's aint really my thing altho i really enjoyed Age of conan, gr8 gfx and game play.

I have read thro a little bit of the above but tbh there is way to much info for me look thro the find what i'm asking?

if u dont like mmo's u probly wont like this but then again u might so id wait untill cb6 finishes then open beta will start id get myself in that and see if you like it :)

Thanks Timko.

I'll be playing the last beta then since i preordered the game. I played Chinese beta and Chinese release for a while but not being able to party with anyone kinda sucked. xD

THE SIXTH AION CLOSED BETA EVENT
August 11, 2009 12:17 PM
Following five successful and productive beta events, we now have in front of us the pinnacle of closed beta mountain. We now cast our eyes toward the promising horizon, revealing the approaching open beta and the much-anticipated release of Aion.

This upcoming sixth and final closed beta event marks the end of an era. As such, we have decided to make the most out of it. We will not be raising the level limit from that of the previous event. The maximum level will be level 30 for Elyos and Asmodians alike, encouraging you to spend some time to catch up with your friends or explore the vast lands of Atreia.

We want to conclude closed beta testing on a high note, so we are arranging a series of story-driven in-game events, in part hinting at some of the much-anticipated content forthcoming in with our massive release day patch. Keep that F5 key handy, since more information on these live events is headed your way later this week!

Closed beta 6 is primed to rocket onto the servers on Friday, August 14, 2009, noon PT (8 p.m. BST, 9 p.m. CEST). Our beta forums open their gates two hours earlier, and access to them will be ongoing throughout the weekend until Monday.

Keep in mind that you will need either an exclusive Aion closed beta 6 access key, a full-access key acquired through fansite program competitions, or have preordered the game in order to partake in the event. A limited number of closed beta 6 access keys will be given away by a few selected gaming web sites over the coming week, so keep those eagle eyes open if you are looking to grab one.

Look for more information on this upcoming sixth closed beta event shortly. Until then, fly safe!

Like the sound of those story driven ingame events. :)

So recommendation for class guys, Beta6 will be my first.

Sorc looks good DPS and/or CC so very useful in pvp and pve or perhaps chanter for buffs/healing? After playing Witchhunter in WAR I'm not so keen on a single target melee dps in PvP so ranged dps or CC would be cool.

So recommendation for class guys, Beta6 will be my first.

Sorc looks good DPS and/or CC so very useful in pvp and pve or perhaps chanter for buffs/healing? After playing Witchhunter in WAR I'm not so keen on a single target melee dps in PvP so ranged dps or CC would be cool.

The best class is always the one which you find most fun. Sadly as thats a very personal thing its difficult to recommend someone a class.

If its ranged dps you are after, then you cant go too far wrong with a Sorc or a Ranger even. But as always, the best thing to do is to try as many out as you can. Its quite difficult to judge the classes really until you reach the high teens, and its not all that likely that you will get many (or possibly even 1) to that in the weekend. You may have to end up having to try some out at release to see what fits you best.

Am I too late to get into this beta?

Is there any where I can pre-order from that will still give me the code in time to play in this weekend's event?

Cheers.

Well I got my early access/beta account from NCsoft direct and got the details within minutes.

https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl

Thanks.. I'm guessing the NCSoft store will take payment straight away though? :(

I was hoping to pre-order the game, try it out in the beta, and then cancel the pre-order if I didn't like it - meaning I didn't have to pay to try it out.

Is that possible anywhere? I've noticed you get the code if you pre-order from the 'P' website and the 'G' website, but don't know how fast they actually send them out.

Thanks.. I'm guessing the NCSoft store will take payment straight away though? :(

I was hoping to pre-order the game, try it out in the beta, and then cancel the pre-order if I didn't like it - meaning I didn't have to pay to try it out.

Is that possible anywhere? I've noticed you get the code if you pre-order from the 'P' website and the 'G' website, but don't know how fast they actually send them out.

Because its a digital download they take payment right away. Not sure about other methods sorry.

Because its a digital download they take payment right away. Not sure about other methods sorry.

Yeah, thought that'd be the case. I've placed an order from each of the places I mentioned above, so I'll see if I get a code in time.

If not I suppose there's always the open beta.

Back
Top Bottom