**Official** Aion Beta Thread

hehe yeh, good point, but Aion is pvp, I need to get into it, I'm sure it's the fact that I'm only a lvl 8 priest so it's very slow going for now. Plus little niggles like no left mouse look, auto run (side mouse button) works but I have to click left mouse button first, and autoattack always seems to stop on it's own.

It gets quite a bit slower yet :)

I wouldnt feel obliged to play it though, time is so sparse in life these days, really is best to play something that you enjoy rather than something which you dont enjoy. Luckily I enjoy both LOTRO and Aion...its just that at the moment I enjoy Aion more :)

Sadly theres not a lot that can be done about that, the MMO genre has such a large userbase now that when a half decent release comes out it has substantially more people trying it than in the past. Got to expect queues for the first few weeks these days.

TBH tho why allow x amount of people to pay you a monthly fee when service cannot be guaranteed. 3hr+ queues were an utter joke

Were currently in discussion wether to select adn inform the others about our server choice now, but as these are the only server names known at the moment I expect them to be terrible for the first week or so.

Or to wait until release and get everyone on the same server ASAP.

Obviously the 2nd choice would take a lot more organisation to get it right.

TBH tho why allow x amount of people to pay you a monthly fee when service cannot be guaranteed. 3hr+ queues were an utter joke

Were currently in discussion wether to select adn inform the others about our server choice now, but as these are the only server names known at the moment I expect them to be terrible for the first week or so.

What guild are you in?

Well the only other option is to not allow people to buy the game at first...Darkfall did that and just look at the awful press that gave it. No MMO has ever guaranteed service, indeed every MMO actually has it expressly written either on the box or within the EULA.

Like I say...theres not much that can be done about it. Either you allow people to buy immediately and those people accept that there may be queues in the busy early few weeks, or you only sell X number of boxes and risk the bad press and/or alienating guilds where 4 members got boxes and started levelling and 4 members didnt and have to wait.

In part its merely an unfortunate side effect of the mainstreaming of MMOs. Doesnt bother me all that much to be honest, for the last few MMO releases I've simply logged into the game in advance so that I get past the queues at the time that I am ready to play. Its all died down within a fortnight or so anyway.

If you really want to desperately avoid the queues, you could always check the various "which server" polls on forums like aionsource and vnboards etc. Pick the ones that are lowest and roll there. Only trouble with that of course is that 4 months down the line you end up on a "dead" server for pvp because its low population. Not much you can do about that though, queues early on are the side effect of the bonus of being on a high population server later on

Last edited:
If any one has any free keys left doing nothing i would love to give this a go and see what it is like to play 1st hand.

Thank you.

ColiNfr.

Pre-order a retail copy (as in not a direct download version), wait for a beta key and then take part in the one remaining closed beta this Friday. If you like the game, keep the pre-order, if not then cancel it with no money lost since most stores never charge until dispatch anyway. The game isn't released until the middle to end of Sept so you've got plenty of time to cancel.

Yep I fully understand about the queues but the 3hr+ queus we've seen in other games quite simply aren't acceptable were talking with a few of the guilds from previous games we've played to see exactly what their plans are and hopefully we can co-ordinate a decent start :)

Yep I fully understand about the queues but the 3hr+ queus we've seen in other games quite simply aren't acceptable were talking with a few of the guilds from previous games we've played to see exactly what their plans are and hopefully we can co-ordinate a decent start :)

What would you rather they do to combat the queues? Open loads more servers? Not really practical as subscriptions generally reduce after the initial rush and you're then left with half empty servers and redundant hardware. Have no queues and just pile everyone onto the server? That would just create insane lag and most likely server crashes.

The queues arent nice by any means, but not really much that I can see to do about it. Just too many MMO players now compared to the old days of AC, EQ, UO and Daoc launches.

Yeah, if I was you, I would talk with some other guilds, look at some of the polls and pick a server that not many people are rolling on. Should pretty much negate large queues.

From the polls I've seen only a few people are rolling on Mesramtaeda or Beritra, so maybe those are good choices. Just hope that in 3 months time they still have a good enough population for active PvP and arent empty like some of the WAR servers ended up.

Our guild hasnt picked a server yet (or even a race :D ), I think most likely we will just go with the one we have been doing the beta on.

The idea of a digital collectors edition is beyond a joke.

So not a collectors edition at all, just something that costs more for no reason?

# Exclusive in-game items:
# Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)
# Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)
# Special character title with stat boost
# Colour dye to tint one in-game item
# Two character emotes

The idea of a digital collectors edition is beyond a joke.

So not a collectors edition at all, just something that costs more for no reason?

Not quite, you do get some extra bits but the real downer is the price of the CE Digital Download vs CE Retail...

The price for the digital download version of the Collector's Edition is £44.99 on Steam and direct from NCSoft. For £5 more the Retail Box Collector's Edition bags you this...

aionbox.jpg

aioncebk2d548x400.jpg

## The bits in green are what the Retail CE gets extra over the digital download CE

• Hand-painted figurine of Aiva (16.5cm), a winged Asmodian Daeva

• Exclusive in-game items, including:
...* Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)
...* Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)
...* Special character title with stat boost
...* Colour dye to tint one in-game item
...* Two character emotes

• Get a 48-hour head start to the live game before the game releases.

• Select your character names and server in advance of the game going live.

• Official Aion soundtrack CD by composer Yang Bang-Ean (known as Ryo Kunihiko in Japan)

• Two dual-sided, full-colour posters

• Full-colour, quick reference card

• Two game DVDs

• Game manual

• Includes first 30 days of gameplay.

## The bits in green are what the Retail CE gets extra over the digital download CE

After various discounts my Retail CE will be just over £41. Having said that, the Retail CE sold out long ago so those that want CE have no choice but to go digital download and get a lot less.

Are any other games effected that way?

As that looks like your graphics card is over heating.

Make sure your graphics card drivers are upto date, that might fix the problem.

Last edited:
Check the graphic cards fan just incase, and try and place some extra cooling on the card to see if that helps. At least you'll know it's a driver issue then.

Yeah but then it all gets wiped and you're back to square one :)

True but we will be up and running within 2 hours of the retail game going live and hopefully rank 3 within 48 hours of release :)

wow what a waste of time :D

All betas are a waste of time, we have the nec AP and we also have the nes money now we have reached 70 ish members :)

...* Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)
• Get a 48-hour head start to the live game before the game releases.
This is very misleading the 40 seconds of additional flight time, it is actually only 10 more.
Also I thought it was the americans that got access 48 hours early we are getting it 5 days early afaik.

Last edited:
Check the graphic cards fan just incase, and try and place some extra cooling on the card to see if that helps. At least you'll know it's a driver issue then.

I'll try that when i get in from work but i very much doubt that it will be a heat issue considering i can run all my other games fine for a long as i want without issue :(. I may just get rid of this Crossfire setup as it still isn't supported very well in games :mad:

I'll try that when i get in from work but i very much doubt that it will be a heat issue considering i can run all my other games fine for a long as i want without issue :(. I may just get rid of this Crossfire setup as it still isn't supported very well in games :mad:

Crossfire works fine with me and Aion.

Mmm, what about turning all the CCC stuff to application controlled?

Back
Top Bottom