**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Yeah the Sorc is pretty squishy. Sorc is a contender for my secondary alt due to its heavy CC skills. I remember how utterly vital CC was in Daoc so could be handy to have a big CCer as one of my characters :)

Yeah it can be, though lots of people will whore CC removal pots as-well as having clerics to cancel the de-buffs, so not sure how much of a part they will play in mass PvP. Gladiator is defo my kind of main class, huge polearm, AoE's and nasty looking armour.

Will you get your cleric to 50 before starting an alt?

Unlikely , I will use my Cleric during normal play sessions, and my primary alt from time to time. My secondary alt will be kept to be played only on the odd occassions that my RL mate can play (he will only get to play probably once a fortnight, so this way he will always have someone of the same level to play with)

So, my Cleric will hit 50 first out of my characters, but the alts will exist prior to him hitting 50

Yeah it can be, though lots of people will whore CC removal pots as-well as having clerics to cancel the de-buffs, so not sure how much of a part they will play in mass PvP.

I'm hoping for it to work out similar to my Daoc Midgard Healer, who was able to keep a dozen players in various forms of CC. Used to drive people nuts when my Healer would appear on the battlefield and then hit AoE Mez and just tie people up. Ultimately though it will make for a nice balance of characters, A Cleric as my main, a Melee as my secondary and a caster as my tertiary. 3 different styles.

I'm hoping for it to work out similar to my Daoc Midgard Healer, who was able to keep a dozen players in various forms of CC. Used to drive people nuts when my Healer would appear on the battlefield and then hit AoE Mez and just tie people up. Ultimately though it will make for a nice balance of characters, A Cleric as my main, a Melee as my secondary and a caster as my tertiary. 3 different styles.

Yeah, I certainly hope CC does form a part of the game to add some decent strategies, just not as much as it did in W:AR. That was terrible.

I normally go for melee classes, nearly always a warrior with dual weapons as my first or an Assassin. But for some reason Assassins don't really appeal to me in AION so I was going between a Sorc, SM or Ranger for an alt. I've seen how fast my Gladiator can tear up cloth as soon as it gets in range, so I don't want to subject myself to such things if a Assassin sticks to my ass, so I think it'll be Ranger, not sure though. :p

Anyone tried spiritmaster at lvl20+? just wondering what they might be like in pvp

They're honestly not that great due to the pets not flying, and that's in the 40's never mind the 20's. They do obviously have some uses in larger scale PvP but aren't really a patch on the Sorc.

PvE wise they are really quick and easy to level and you know how these types of games go, the underdogs in PvP get boosts while the overpowered ones get nerfed.

The CC removal pots have a 1 minute cooldown. however, the reason most parties tend to roll with 2 clerics is that they get a spammable single target dubuff remover . ie they can keep each other CC free and whilst they can do that they can be removing them from the rest of the party as much as they have time for.

The CC removal pots have a 1 minute cooldown. however, the reason most parties tend to roll with 2 clerics is that they get a spammable single target dubuff remover . ie they can keep each other CC free and whilst they can do that they can be removing them from the rest of the party as much as they have time for.

Sounds fine, Daoc had classes which could remove CC effects. Worked well sometimes to clear CC, other times...not so well. Looking forward to seeing some good fights like the old days of Daoc frontiers :)

That's a longing that ive yet to have fulfilled over the many many mmo releases over the years lol.

We'll see though, this one has the potential to live up to it (don't they all though? :p).

Purge for the win :)

.....tough popping it on my Pally didn't really raise any eyebrows from the Hibs and Mids my DPS was dire :P Slambot.

Anyhow, looking forward to give it a go at release and hopefullyget some groupage and maybe guildage with the 'orrible OCuk lot.

I'm currently leaning towards eithere a Ranger of a Spirit Master but I have yet to decide. Tried a healer in the last beta but I found it a bit boring upto level 11.

Level 11? That's like basically the whole game!!

Ah! Sarcasm, kudos to you sir. When compaired to some of the other class the healer was just to easy which made it tedious, unfortunatly I never had time to get any further.

Ah! Sarcasm, kudos to you sir. When compaired to some of the other class the healer was just to easy which made it tedious, unfortunatly I never had time to get any further.

The Cleric never becomes not easy (if thats even a sentence lol). As far as PvE is concerned it is one of the easiest classes to take to 50. It is also one of the toughest classes to take down at end game in PvP and that is the whole point in the game, but don't mistake that comment to mean it's easy at that point because it certainly is not. For all it's toughness it is constantly focused so always having to work to stay alive, which is mostly the same as in any other MMO it's just that you don't go down quite as easy as healers normally do in modern ones.

Good Clerics are worth their salt, they are damn sturdy but get their job done. Bad Cleric aren't worth ****, they go down pretty quickly and at the same time do eff all for the rest of the raid. PvE wise their as easy as easy gets, PvP theyre only easy if you have some brain cells and work at it. So don't take others comments too much to heart as we're all still learning, even those of us playing on the Asian versions.

And yes, Priests/Clerics are boring around lvl 11 but that changes as you get higher and more so when the abyss comes into play.

Last edited:
Level 11? That's like basically the whole game!!

I see the point behind the comment, but the guy doesnt sound like the normal whiner where the shout "it's too hard!" at level 10, he's interested and has some brain cells to rub together. I know i know, it's automatic for these comments to flow on the likes of the WoW forums but here we tend to be a bit more forgiving. That's sorta like preaching to an elder considering your join date, but hey ho.

Easy maybe, fast no. I die inside a little bit every time I think of the grind I have yet to endure as a cleric ...

Do you solo on yours? It's not really a solo class and we couldn't really do the things that we do in my guild without clerics. 4 man groups on elites tend to be the best way to level generally. You're always needed in your guild to level with people and at the times you're not doing it that way its kinda constant on your own so overall quite fast.

There are of course the dual boxing chanter/sin, cleric ranger or combos in between that min max the leveling that way to be fastest but in normal play, if you play with others mostly of course, the cleric tends to be fast.

Do you solo on yours? It's not really a solo class and we couldn't really do the things that we do in my guild without clerics. 4 man groups on elites tend to be the best way to level generally. You're always needed in your guild to level with people and at the times you're not doing it that way its kinda constant on your own so overall quite fast.

There are of course the dual boxing chanter/sin, cleric ranger or combos in between that min max the leveling that way to be fastest but in normal play, if you play with others mostly of course, the cleric tends to be fast.

Yes, you are right of course, I'm just the type of player who views the grind as the necessary evil I have to endure to get to end game where it all starts. I don't read the quests and I don't explore or craft until end game.

I will be grouping with guildies but I also solo quite a lot as I have limited play time some days dependent on work, wife and daughter schedules.

In fact I'm already looking at various wife de-agro strategies and have recently ordered some romantic French films for her and I'm about to order 6 feet under boxset with 6 full seasons and the west wing with 10 seasons.

Should keep her quiet for a while!

Back
Top Bottom