**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Yeah I heard its coming out in two weeks? but I've downloaded and installed Aion now, so was hoping someone could just lend me the details to login?

I thought it would be worth posting because I thought theres probably loads of people on the forum which a username and password they no longer user or need for the beta?

So maybe someone would be kind enough to let me try out this bad boy?

Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Theres no Active servers at the moment, only during beta/sneak peek weekends.

The codes for preordering will need to be added to a NC Master Account in order for you to access the early events/access. Account sharing (essentially what this is) is a bannable offence with NC iirc so I wouldn't reccomend this if the account is actually in use or has any other games on it.

The next time the EU servers are up will afaik be for the early access on 20th sep
All you need to do in order to get a preorder code is preorder from one of the stores giving the keys away.

The other option of course would be to install the chinese client, think you still get 10 hours or so free on certain servers

So your saying I can download a chinese version of the beta which I can play today somehow?

China version is full retail, they got their latest patch a couple of days ago too.

Easy enough to set yerself a Ch-Aion account up, I played it for 2-3month guildies however have been playing since release and will continue to do so until EU release.

I managed to find a guide online that helped me to locate the chinese version and make an account and download and install but the program it comes with to patch the game has been going all day and its so slow, I've never seen anything so slow, is there no way I can patch the chinese client any other way?

Thanks in advance.

Reading rumours of an open beta before general release too, nothign concrete tho so I wouldn't get yer hopes up.

Did you cope ok with the Ch-Aion client update?

Also for those who have yet to preorder one of the main places diong the preorder codes have just emailed stating price has gone upto £34.99 so if you want any cheaper than full retail I'd get ordering fast as these normally have a knock on effect with the other online stores.

So what will we need to play the open beta?

An account and the client.

The client will weigh in at around 11 gig in total. As for the account...not sure just how open the open beta will be yet, they havent said. Will it be a totally open beta? Unlikely I think.

Its more likely to be x number of keys distributed at sites like Fileplanet on a first come, first served type basis.

Having said that, preordering guarantees you open beta access, so you could always do that.

anyone sorted out a clan website etc for this yet, would like to check some out :p wish they would announce the open beta already, tempted to download the chinese client just for the 3 days game time.:p

If you get the collectors edition of Aion you a unique emote in guildwars where you can summon some Aion style wings

http://www.guildwars.com/aion/

Is this true with the steam edition, too?

A: Players who purchase an Aion Limited Collector's Edition or a first run SteelBook Edition at retail will be rewarded with an Aion wings emote code. This is the only way to receive the Aion wings emote for Guild Wars, as the emote is not available via digital download

first run SteelBook Edition

All the stores I looked at after Aion was listed only showed CE and Standard. So, does this mean that some of those that ordered the Standard one will be receiving a Steelbook edition instead of the usual plastic DVD box, or is the Steelbook a third version that never got listed?

The sttelbook version is limited to the first x amount of copies.
Just a limited print run then they switch to standard plastic cases from what I know.

Still no info on preselection or if indeed there is an open Beta :(

Back
Top Bottom