**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Haha i hear that with the Wife de-aggro, fortunately mine tends to be quite forgiving and also plays online games so i'm in luck that way... most of the time.

I'm also similar to you with not exploring the avenues outside of leveling too much until nearer endgame. Not because i don't enjoy them, simply because i love PvP and love having that initial edge alongside the people i play with and can test things that gives you more experience once you do reach the top.

I on the other hand do enjoy the levelling. I can't stand games that give you it on a platter, i much prefer to work for it. Like this game makes you.

Got some pics from yesterday's event. For anyone who didn't make it the Balaur attacked Eltnen and despite crashes, lag and crippling fps it was a lot of fun. The event boss, Akairun of Medeus, was very cool :D:

EltnenSteps.jpg

SoManyPeople.jpg

TheBalaurAttack.png

AkairunofMedeus.jpg

AkairunofMedeusUI.jpg

All I can say is, roll on Open Beta!

e5ftib.gif

Taken from...

http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/closed-beta-testers-update-your-passwords-1.html

Aion goes gold - countdown begins for the most anticipated MMO of the year

NCSoft on 17th Aug 2009 said:
Brighton, England - 17 August, 2009. Today, NCsoft, the world's premier publisher and developer of MMOs, confirmed that Aion has been released to manufacturing. Aion is the highly anticipated game that has already taken Asia by storm and has quickly become one of the world’s largest MMO franchises ahead of its release in Europe on 25th September.

In advance of the game’s launch, Aion will be showcased at both GamesCom 2009 in Cologne, Germany, as well as the Penny Arcade Expo 2009 in Seattle, US. Both events will feature exclusive hands-on access to the 1.5 version of the game, which has yet to be unveiled to Western audiences. This version of the game introduces numerous enhancements, including continued improvements to Aion’s innovative character customisation that will now include a host of Western styles, as well as new zones, instances, skills, quests and continued game balancing and improvements.

Read more here...

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/ncsoft/638358.html

EU will defo be getting 5 days early access - someone from NCSoft posted this over at AionSource
Any preorder will grant you 48 hours of Head Start. Since Europe and North America are seeing Aion's release on different dates, however (25th and 22nd respectively), we want to do what we can to balance this out. Europe's Head Start will therefore be stretched to begin on the same day as the North American Head Start. Hope that makes sense.

While I am here, DooM are still recruiting we have limited number of spaces (we have around the 80 member mark now) and hopefully we will be going the same server as the the Elyos OCuK guild - so should be fun :D

so is the 22nd the headstart date or is it the 20th (48 hours earlier)?

If you are in EU - it will be the 20th, the game is released on the 22nd in US and 25th in EU, to keep things along side one another both early head starts will be starting on the 20th.

Prior to the official release date are there any more dates that we can play the beta?

Oh and one more question when you install Aion after a fresh install of windows why does NCSoft have to download the whole 5GB of game. Doesnt it save it from the first time I downloaded it?

Cheers

Prior to the official release date are there any more dates that we can play the beta?

Oh and one more question when you install Aion after a fresh install of windows why does NCSoft have to download the whole 5GB of game. Doesnt it save it from the first time I downloaded it?

Cheers

There is going to be an open beta for everyone which looks like it might be running version 1.5 instead of the current one we have. They haven't announced the date for that though.

I think in the NCsoft launcher you can say where the game is currently installed, change that to the location of your old install and it should hopefully pick up all the files and not need to download anything.

They are announcing the start date and details for open beta next week. Though they have confirmed that it will be running version 1.5 of Aion, and that the 1.5 version will be available via torrent.

They are announcing the start date and details for open beta next week. Though they have confirmed that it will be running version 1.5 of Aion, and that the 1.5 version will be available via torrent.

Thanks, what version were we playing in the closed betas? And is it not an update it's a whole new client? So for example we have to download another 5gb? XD

Thanks, what version were we playing in the closed betas? And is it not an update it's a whole new client? So for example we have to download another 5gb? XD

We were on version 1.0 in the closed, 1.5 has a lot of extra stuff in it.

Its not a whole new client if you already have the 1.0 client, its an update patch. Big one though, couple of gig. Obviously though if you dont already have the closed beta client then it will be the full 7 or 8 gig download.

We were on version 1.0 in the closed, 1.5 has a lot of extra stuff in it.

Its not a whole new client if you already have the 1.0 client, its an update patch. Big one though, couple of gig. Obviously though if you dont already have the closed beta client then it will be the full 7 or 8 gig download.

You're like a fountain of information! xD do you have any patch notes anywhere i can look at to see what got changed? =)

EDIT: Nvm found them and one of the new hairstyles looks strikingly like Cloud Strife's xD

Last edited:
Hi there, just wondered if anyone would be kind enough to email/pm/msn me their username and password if they either dont need it, or dont like the game or simply dont mind me trying the beta on their account, I just fancied seeing what it was like because I dont want to have to buy the game and then find out its rubbish but it looks good though.

So does anyone have a username and password I can borrow?

Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom