**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I tried Asmo on Urtem and Thor - found that /1 was spammed with German chat on both. I might just have been unlucky/logged on at the wrong times but meh. Really off-putting, and usually because they would ignore the English queries and continue their chats in German ! Hope that kind of rubbish doesn't happen after release, since most Germans seem turned off by the idea of playing on their "localised" servers...

strangely the server i am on, gorgos, is also packed with germans. I just turned off regional chat in the end, got plenty of chat in guildchat anyway :)

People can freely get NA keys from fileplanet I think now.

So if you wanna go give AION a test and don't mind some lag, just change your region in your NCsoft launcher and it should be alright.

People can freely get NA keys from fileplanet I think now.

So if you wanna go give AION a test and don't mind some lag, just change your region in your NCsoft launcher and it should be alright.

that would be excellent, how do i get around this error msg on the website though
"Your access to the closed beta event has been denied due to Country restrictions."

that would be excellent, how do i get around this error msg on the website though
"Your access to the closed beta event has been denied due to Country restrictions."

Proxy :p

Or ask a friend in the USA to make an NA AION account for you, apply the key and then you just change your settings in the launcher to NA and it should work

Edit: I'm using an American proxy now and it's letting me sign up fine.

Last edited:
i managed to get around it without using a proxy, just used a link tombstone posted earlier that i found again
i got a key.

although now my client has decided it doesnt wanna load.
it just freezes, doesnt bring up an error message but it crashes so have to end process.

edit update: repair didnt work. i have no idea why it won't load, loaded fine when i downloaded it a few days ago. I click it and it says checking updates, launching, a gameguard thing pops up in top left and says authenticating or something then goes away and it just brings up that mini window that says aion with the black winged guy, then freezes and i have to end process.

Im on windows 7 ultimate 32bit beta.

Anyone got any idea why it wont load?

Last edited:
I have been unable to connect since last night tried today and still the same :/ beta has been pretty ok till now had very few issues I guess ill never see pvp in this beta lol

EDIT* I have now managed to get on after trying this from the official forum

If you are getting the error "Cannot connect to Auth server" when starting up the game and logging in, the below might help:

Please delete the addcache.xml file that is in the root of the game folder.

Next, try the following to force the game to connect to a specific auth server:

1. Open the NCsoft Launcher
2. Right-click Aion under “INSTALLED”
3. Choose Properties
4. In the box labeled, “Extra Command Line Parameters (Advanced)” add the following:
-ip:206.127.153.247 -port:2106 -cc:1

This IP is the current NA Auth. This IP will change in the future, so please remember these changes.

The current EU Auth is 206.127.147.26 - if you have an EU account.

EDIT AGAIN* I got dc and now cannot connect again hopefully it will work for some of you but looks like it was short lived for me :(

Last edited:
I have been unable to connect since last night tried today and still the same :/ beta has been pretty ok till now had very few issues I guess ill never see pvp in this beta lol

EDIT* I have now managed to get on after trying this from the official forum

If you are getting the error "Cannot connect to Auth server" when starting up the game and logging in, the below might help:

Please delete the addcache.xml file that is in the root of the game folder.

Next, try the following to force the game to connect to a specific auth server:

1. Open the NCsoft Launcher
2. Right-click Aion under “INSTALLED”
3. Choose Properties
4. In the box labeled, “Extra Command Line Parameters (Advanced)” add the following:
-ip:206.127.153.247 -port:2106 -cc:1

This IP is the current NA Auth. This IP will change in the future, so please remember these changes.

The current EU Auth is 206.127.147.26 - if you have an EU account.

EDIT AGAIN* I got dc and now cannot connect again hopefully it will work for some of you but looks like it was short lived for me :(

Thanks for this info, I will try it tonight after work. I got quite annoyed when I couldn't log in at all last night but I though it was open beta and it pick time so I gave up, but I tried again this morning at 6.30am and I had the same message so I though something might be wrong.

I played closed 2 betas though and even though sometimes I would have the same message I always managed to log in and play for few hours without any problem.

Hi guys. I started on a glad its lvl 17 on a totally different server that you guys are on so if you dont mind could i join the fun when the proper launch starts? I will update you on character name probably will be Masterfate. Will be rolling a glad or sorc depending on how te glad does in the abyss.

P.s i cant connect to aion either. a bit sucky.

As found by TombStone......

Get your own Aion "Open" Beta Key for free!

Click the following link and register for a free FilePlanet (non-paying account) if you don't already have one...

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotion/aionbeta/signup.aspx

If you had to create an account or were not already logged in then you may need to visit the above link again after logging in to start the process of getting a key. Once they give you the key, follow the instructions to download the client etc. It's quick and easy and does not need you to pre-order anything!

Give your thanks to Tombstone for finding that link :)

Yeh eurogamer have EU keys now, so i have a US key and an EU key registered, both versions of the game, and i still cant get on. it just freezes when i try launch. stupid windows 7. God clearly doesnt want me to play aion.haha. or the people at WoW are going to extreme lengths to get me to resub to their game.lol

Yeh eurogamer have EU keys now, so i have a US key and an EU key registered, both versions of the game, and i still cant get on. it just freezes when i try launch. stupid windows 7. God clearly doesnt want me to play aion.haha. or the people at WoW are going to extreme lengths to get me to resub to their game.lol

I doubt it's actually freezing, the game itself takes so freaking long to load, give it literally 5 minutes, if not close it down and try again for another 5. If it still doesn't boot then there is some strange problem probably between windows 7 and GameGuard.

Back
Top Bottom