**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I played through to level 9 with my scout and chose Assassin. Will play some more tonight.

I've played WoW to lvl 80 on a couple chars but never done a raid or get heavily involved with a guild, but I might look into getting Aion and taking advantage of the newer userbase as the WoW community is very elitist and quite obtuse at times.

Aion seems more of an easy listening style MMO so far. I love the chain promts and overall the game doesn't feel as flat as WoW for instance. I love the animations, sounds and interface.

Can anyone help me here.

My account password works for getting into my account on the NCSoft pages but for some reason it wont log me into the game any ideas?

You might have to reset your password for Aion, it's what I had to do. This is different from you NCSoft account password.

Just logon to your NCSoft account, click 'Game Accounts', click on 'Aion' then finally click on 'Change Password'. This will then change your Aion game password.

You might have to reset your password for Aion, it's what I had to do. This is different from you NCSoft account password.

Just logon to your NCSoft account, click 'Game Accounts', click on 'Aion' then finally click on 'Change Password'. This will then change your Aion game password.

+1

I had to reset my password to, even though I changed it to the same password. Then I managed to log in and have a play for few minutes, finally after 2 days of problems with authorization server.

I like the new mouse control change.

Can't wait to play full version, dont want to play beta too much as I've played beta twice already.

What's the general feeling toward pre-ordering Aion now?
Steam seems like a solid bet for either the Standard or CE editions, but it's fairly expensive for a digital copy. Given the game itself is a good 10gb it would be nice to get a physical copy BUT I can't find anywhere offering retail copies which explicitly offer headstart/bonus items.

If I were to preorder on Steam is it possible to port over the Beta install to use with Steam, or will I have to double up on 10bg downloads? Also, can people who have already ordered from Steam confirm that they got their beta keys (as Id like to pass on my current beta account for a friend to play with).

Cheers.

Will OcUK being doing a proper aion legion on release? I noticed an OcUK guy while i was playing on castor. One of the reasons I have not yet pre-ordered the game is lack of a legion (my old guild is focused on other MMOs, not aion), would be cool if there was an OcUK legion that realy takes the game seriously and trys to compete in PvP.

Will OcUK being doing a proper aion legion on release? I noticed an OcUK guy while i was playing on castor. One of the reasons I have not yet pre-ordered the game is lack of a legion (my old guild is focused on other MMOs, not aion), would be cool if there was an OcUK legion that realy takes the game seriously and trys to compete in PvP.

Ditto here, I'd love to join an OCUK guild as I don't know ANYONE who plays this! :)

Edit: Having problems as a mage at level 5, mana runs out quite quick..what is there to combat downtime in later levels?

Last edited:
Good stuff, can't wait for release. Been playing a little bit on my Cleric on Castor but don't want to burn myself out for headstart on the 20th.

I'll defiently be going Assassin regardless of what race we go.

Edit: Having problems as a mage at level 5, mana runs out quite quick..what is there to combat downtime in later levels?

I had a quick look at at mage lv 9 you get an ability that gives you back some mana, and you get higher ranks of it as a sorc (not sure about spirit master), also you gain passive abilities to boost your max mana. If you sit down using the , key you regen realy fast too.

[timko];14856707 said:
See the first page. Maxilive is heading up the OCuk Legion :)

Thanks, i hadn't read the thread in full so hadn't read that first page. I notice there is not a great deal of members in the legion though, does that mean doing things such as capturing the forts will be beyond OcUKs capabilty due to manpower shortage?

I think that is all in the beta at the moment, i know a lot are just trying it out before they buy it and others havent ask to be listed.

I do hope we get a lot of people in the end though, as otherwise i'll be missing part of the game and will have to join elsewhere.

I notice there is not a great deal of members in the legion though

The list was longer than that before, I think Maxilive reset the list after Closed Beta finished. Makes sense since everyone's characters (and their names) got wiped. I'm sure he will wipe and rebuild when the headstart period (just before retail) gets underway :)

[timko];14857263 said:
The list was longer than that before, I think Maxilive reset the list after Closed Beta finished. Makes sense since everyone's characters (and their names) got wiped. I'm sure he will wipe and rebuild when the headstart period (just before retail) gets underway :)

What is the headstart period? Do people get the play the game early if they pre-order or something? I have been told this, but haven't found it anywhere.

Only really care about being able to get my name. :p

Thanks. :)

[Cas];14857524 said:
What is the headstart period? Do people get the play the game early if they pre-order or something? I have been told this, but haven't found it anywhere.

Only really care about being able to get my name. :p

If you get a prepurchase (such as from the NCsoft site) you get to start playing 7 days before the offical launch. So this means that you get to secure your name before non-prepurchase people, and it spreads out the playerbase a little by meaning that not everyone will start in the newbie zones at the same time, because when the game offical launchers, some people will have already gone past them zones and so they wont be as crowded.

Edit: There is also pre-selection, where if you prepurchase you can reserve your name even before the head start.

Last edited:
If you get a prepurchase (such as from the NCsoft site) you get to start playing 7 days before the offical launch. So this means that you get to secure your name before non-prepurchase people, and it spreads out the playerbase a little by meaning that not everyone will start in the newbie zones at the same time, because when the game offical launchers, some people will have already gone past them zones and so they wont be as crowded.

Edit: There is also pre-selection, where if you prepurchase you can reserve your name even before the head start.

Do you think pre-ordering on Steam I would get that?

Back
Top Bottom