**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I doubt it's actually freezing, the game itself takes so freaking long to load, give it literally 5 minutes, if not close it down and try again for another 5. If it still doesn't boot then there is some strange problem probably between windows 7 and GameGuard.

oh my goodness. I thought i had left it long enough before, but apparently not.
The reason i thought it was freezing is because it said not responding in task manager.

However if i press play, it brings up mini aion window, becomes non responsive, then 3 minutes later responds and changes to a full black screen, becomes non responsive, then another 3minutes later brings me to the login screen. What an epic failure, i know im on a laptop but its a pretty high end laptop...that ridiculous.

so after all that kerfuffle and having downloaded 38gb in 4 different clients over the last 2 days (long story, but bloody good job o2 is actually unlimited and never caps) i get to the login screen...and bam, "cannot connect to authentication server"

deary me. its so ridiculous what has happened so far that i just have to laugh...hopefully i can get on sometime in the last few days of beta.

Yeah there is an auth problem at the moment, if you're playing the EU servers do this:

Open NCSoft launcher
Right click on Aion
"Properties"
Type this inside command line :
-ip:206.127.147.28 -port:2106 -cc:2

Didn't need to do that, i just tried again and it worked.

Games runs stupidly slow on this laptop even with settings on low, so gonna wait till im back at uni on my desktop as of tomorrow before i pass judgement, but so far, which is only level 4 cos my mate had to go to work, it seems very "meh".

hopefully by level10 something will have happened.

Didn't need to do that, i just tried again and it worked.

Games runs stupidly slow on this laptop even with settings on low, so gonna wait till im back at uni on my desktop as of tomorrow before i pass judgement, but so far, which is only level 4 cos my mate had to go to work, it seems very "meh".

hopefully by level10 something will have happened.

To be honest, not much will have happened by level 10. 1-10 is really not much more than an introduction to how the game is played. At 10 you get to pick your "proper" class and then start the move towards 20 and the beginning of the pvp fun.

I'm absolutely loving Aion, just as I did in closed beta. Its running ultra smooth and I've had no technical issues at all. Having immense fun with my guildmates and looking forward to some great PvP come release. However I am under no illusions, Aion doesnt break the mould, it doesnt really bring anything new to the table that veteran MMO players havent seen before. It is however a hell of a lot of fun (for me anyway :) ). Wont be for everyone of course, but then no game is.

After all the work trying to get a key and install the client, i've played for 10minutes and already it's brought up all the crap, grinding memories from WoW. Won't be playing this.

In 10 mins? Crikey...I was still sorting out my keymaps and interface in 10 mins :D

I've been saying all along thats its got a grind to it (I'd actually be even more happy if it had more of a leaning towards mob grinding and less to questing...but loving it as it is anyway), as I said above though, different strokes for different folks :)

To be honest, not much will have happened by level 10. 1-10 is really not much more than an introduction to how the game is played. At 10 you get to pick your "proper" class and then start the move towards 20 and the beginning of the pvp fun.

I'm absolutely loving Aion, just as I did in closed beta. Its running ultra smooth and I've had no technical issues at all. Having immense fun with my guildmates and looking forward to some great PvP come release. However I am under no illusions, Aion doesnt break the mould, it doesnt really bring anything new to the table that veteran MMO players havent seen before. It is however a hell of a lot of fun (for me anyway :) ). Wont be for everyone of course, but then no game is.

This.
Been dabbling with the OB for the last few days and it's so much damn fun. It's takes enough from the standard MMO fare (WoW, LOTRO, Linage, WAR/DAOC) but does just enough to make itself standout, without being too much of a copycat, or too niche as a JRPG. Breath of freshair for me as a 4-year WoW raider - I'm sorely tempted...

Which server are we all playing on?

Castor

In 10 mins? Crikey...I was still sorting out my keymaps and interface in 10 mins :D

I've been saying all along thats its got a grind to it (I'd actually be even more happy if it had more of a leaning towards mob grinding and less to questing...but loving it as it is anyway), as I said above though, different strokes for different folks :)

what kind of guild are you in mate if you dont mind me asking?

what kind of guild are you in mate if you dont mind me asking?

In a guild called The Older Gamers. Big guild, been around for years, multigame guild across multiple genres. Its a guild for..er..well..the older gamer :D , 25+ years old to join.

Its not a hardcore guild, not a casual guild, not a raiding guild, or a pve or pvp guild. Its a bit of all of that but essentially a guild just to have fun in games with people of a like generation.

Back
Top Bottom