**Official** Aion Beta Thread

[Cas];14857771 said:
Do you think pre-ordering on Steam I would get that?

Thanks. :)

Yes you would, that is where i have purchased mine.

Just a heads up though, you can not pre-order on steam as it is a digital copy. So you will be charged straight away and not when the game is released.

[Cas];14857771 said:
Do you think pre-ordering on Steam I would get that?

Thanks. :)

I have no clue how an MMO works through steam. The steam store does call it the Pre-Purchase Aion though, and it does say you get the prepurchase items (such as the 20% exp boost amulet), so i would assume you could do the headstart and pre-selection.

Yes you would, that is where i have purchased mine.

Just a heads up though, you can not pre-order on steam as it is a digital copy. So you will be charged straight away and not when the game is released.

OK, cool - That shouldn't be a problem, otherwise I will be ordering it directly from NCsoft, would prefer not to though.

Thanks everyone. Now just wait for the download to come through, stupid virgin having problems when I want to use the connection. :(

I've pre purchased the game from NCSoft and now have an Aion account, does this mean I can go ahead and play the beta?

Also, I'm downloading the North American client as that was the only option, I read about needing to change it to the EU client, how do I go about doing that?

Final Q, when does the "headstart" start for people who pre purchased?

I've pre purchased the game from NCSoft and now have an Aion account, does this mean I can go ahead and play the beta?

Also, I'm downloading the North American client as that was the only option, I read about needing to change it to the EU client, how do I go about doing that?

Final Q, when does the "headstart" start for people who pre purchased?

1, assuming you input the key they would have emailed to you, yes.

2, Don't bother, there is no actual "need", the US client is perfectly fine.

3, 18th for character creation, 20th to actualy play.

Well 8 minutes away from my download finishing my internet cut out, this is after waiting 14 hours because I'm getting a download speed of 200kb/s. This is my fourth attempt at downloading the client, I've now downloaded about 20 gigabytes in two days and still don't have the game, haha.

So what happens to the characters we have created during this beta? are they deleted and we have to start again?

Level 11 Cleric now

Yes they are deleted, which is why i stopped playing the beta when i got to lv 21, i learnt as much as i could so I am now waiting for release.

I have no clue how an MMO works through steam. The steam store does call it the Pre-Purchase Aion though, and it does say you get the prepurchase items (such as the 20% exp boost amulet), so i would assume you could do the headstart and pre-selection.
I preordered the CE from Steam yesterday, and I was a wondering how it would work too. Luckily, it's very simple.

Once the order on Steam goes through, you get forwarded to the NCSoft website where you can either automatically add your new key to an exisiting account, or create a new account which it will then be added too. After this process, NCSoft will send you a "Thanks for Buying Aion!" email, which includes a run through of login, passwords, billing info and your CD Key, should you ever need it.

Steam will start trying to download the client, BUT if you have already got the launch and beta client (or prefer to get it elsewhere) then you can cancel Steam's download and log straight in with your new NCSoft account and play the beta right now. As far as I'm aware, this also queues you up for preselection, head-start and any preorder items you're entitled to come release.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this, probably more so because i didn't have high expectations unlike AoC and WAR.

Need to get in a legion right form the start, gonna play a Templar as my main and they seem to level very slowly compared to the sorc I played in closed beta. So some guildies to help and tank for would be good!

I dont like getting into legions at the very start, they offer false promises and demand so much only to disband after a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom