**Official** Aion Beta Thread

only took 2 screenies
This 1
aion0000jgt.jpg

And the horny wolf
aion0001k.jpg

haha! All fear the horny wolf. I've got one of you as your other reincarnation on the previous page :)

It's over :( Made it to lvl 19 with 72% to 20 ;)

I will hopefully bring the thread back a day or two before the next Beta, thats if it goes missing that is. OR maybe make a new one. Hope you all had a good weekend on Aion I know I did!

Question: Is this actually good?

And I mean that in the way of, is it actually good, unlike Age of Conan and Warhammer Online which people here also rated when they first came out.

And I mean that in the way of, is it actually good, unlike Age of Conan and Warhammer Online which people here also rated when they first came out.

Well at the moment a few of us are playing the Closed beta and so far so good in my eyes. We only had access to the first 20 levels (There are 50 I believe) level 25 opening up one of the main sections the Abyss which is where all the PVP/PVE/PVPVE is.

I dont wanna cast a full judgement yet because as I mentioned we have only really tried the starting zones. But I'm enjoying it so far.

I also enjoyed it. Got a Cleric to level 15, I'm not as hardcore as others, and shall be buying the retail game. From there the true test for me, as with any MMO I've played in the past, is whether I subscribe at the end of the "free" 30 days.

I'm not a hardcore MMO player but I'm enjoying Aion just for the art of the areas and the little community we have got going. The quests are fairly "grindy" but not exactly boring and do have depth to them if you actually read the quests. Have the campaign quests separate is great and they are far more enjoyable quests especially in a group.

But at the end of the day like all MMOs its all about person preferences, you will either like and MMO or loath it.

well its down to your personal preference, most people ive heard from enjoyed it and look like purchasing on release.

AoC and Warhammer both sadly failed to deliver for numerous reasons, both games have had extensive patching but still have tons pf problems whereas imo Aion could be launched today and work straight out of the box !

its defo the best MMo ive played since Lotro, easy to get into and so far really well made , try to get a beta key and sample it ..

Well the beta is version 1.0 I believe? Or 1.1 but when the retail hits it will be 1.5 which adds another 30 or so instances, 4-5 sets of armor, tons more hair styles etc and plenty of new clothes and tweaks/fixes.

For people who want to change the camera settings now you can (in the retail version):

"1.5v test server has enable left mouse button to rotate camera and invert mouse.

Meaning.... if you remove click to move and enable left mouse button to rotate camera you get... a standard western movement."

Quoted from the Aionsource forums.

Even the beta we have all been playing feels like an mmo after its had 3-4 patches to remove some of the essential bugs. Their is plenty of content all ready and with them adding 3-4 new areas already since the Korean release date about 6-7 months ago? NCSoft are really support this game already.

AoC and Warhammer both sadly failed to deliver for numerous reasons, both games have had extensive patching but still have tons pf problems whereas imo Aion could be launched today and work straight out of the box !

Yea I must say considering this is still in Beta it does feel (so far) really well polished.

I was in the Beta for Warhammer and there was so many bugs, I mean fair enough it is Beta so you expect to see some bugs. But I mean there was quite a lot I think my first evening of playing it I must have reported about 10-20 different Bugs. Yet in the LIVE game the same bugs that I reported was still there.... I mean did they even read the bug reports sent in by the testers ? To me it really did seem like they didnt give a crap and that their Beta week was just a demo for people. I couldnt believe it really I mean they spent years on making that game I just cannot believe they didnt pick up simple bugs earlier on in the testing. I mean they must have had an Alpha testing. They deffo had a Closed Beta testing. Why were these bugs not picked up and worked on in the early stages.

Anyway I am ranting now.... :p

My personal opinion of Aion is well really quite unexpected. I read bits about it and after my warhammer "experience" most mmos just make me think meh..... I pre-ordered the CE just to get the code :D I was orginally just gunna cancel it after I got the code. But after playing it over the beta I'm gunna keep my order. This one has deffo surprised me.

I hope the retail is even better than the beta at the moment.

Posted this in the main thread but thought it worth posting here too. The level of character customization is pretty impressive:

MJ.jpg

Last edited:
It's in the options. I saw it the first time I looked in the option, after changing screen resolution, and it's just there. In the next beta I'll post a screenshot if you are still having trouble finding it.

Guess I must have been being thick then, thanks for the heads up, will look a bit closer next time.

As I was playing a templar, knowing that a mob is actualy targeting me is very useful if I manage to miss to pretty red numbers.

Now I just need a threat meter and all is gravy in my little world.

I've just looked at some of the screenshots above and realised something...

I must have been playing this wrong!

I played a Scout/Ranger over the weekend and got to level 13 yesterday just before the shut the servers. Here's a crop from "Last Kronin" above who also played the Scout/Ranger Lv13...

2unxa9e.jpg
:mad:

I know you can put inventory items in the bar across the bottom but it looks like Kronin has his filled up with skills. The only skills I had at the end of yesterday was the same basic 3 or 4 that I was given at the start of the game. I thought it would be like Guild Wars where you would be awarded them as you complete tasks but I didn't get any and so just assumed that wasn't how Aion does it.

How have people been getting the extra skills?

At least I can understand why I only reached Lv13 when other people creating a new character at the same time as me have managed to get at lot nearer to Lv20! I just slogged on and upgraded my dual swords whenever I found better ones in weapon stores I passed by. That's the only thing I've been fighting with :)

Yea, you got to see the trainer mate, you also get a few skills from quests, some of them spells are recover mana/hp

You get two new spells afaik at 13 which you have to buy from trainer

I bought all the available Scout manuals from the Scout trainer in Poeta and Verteron. After double clicking them to read it they disappeared from the inventory, no new icons with skills popped up in its place. Are they kept somewhere else? I really didn't look because most of the manuals were basic increase your attack points, or health points, nothing seemingly skill related :(

Back
Top Bottom