**Official** Aion Beta Thread

[timko];14870257 said:
On another rig I can install and play it on Win7 x64 RC1 just fine :)

Neither Aion directly or the NC Soft launcher will run for me :mad: Nothing happens at all, despite them installing just fine.

Error Log

at NC.Launcher.SplashForm..ctor()
at NC.Launcher.SingleInstanceLauncherApp.CreateSplashScreen(Nullable`1 initialProgress)
at NC.Launcher.SingleInstanceLauncherApp.HandleFirstInstance(CommandLine commandLine)
at NC.Launcher.SingleInstanceApplication.Run(CommandLine commandLine, String mutexName)
at NC.Launcher.Program.Main(String[] args)

2009-09-12 09:07:57.3954 : 1 : Info : Exiting with code: 1

Last edited:
Downloaded and played a this morning for a few hours. Got a asmodian(sp?) preist to level 6, but it I just feel like I've been there, done that.

Maybe mmorpgs have just lost that WOW factor for me now. (And by wow, I dont mean World of Warcraft ;p )

Dont forget that unlike WoW, Aion is NOT about the leveling or PvE, most of the focus is on the end game PvP which is nothing like WoW.

Well that as maybe, but I doubt I'll purchase a game with promises of end game pvp when I've only got til the end of tomorrow to play. I did that with WAR ;/

Well Aion has been out for quite a while in China, so it's not like WaR as that promised what it could not give. In Aion's case it promises and gives as overall its out already and been played.

i always get lazy in beta's knowing that my character will get wiped, will be more fun in live and will be focusing on getting into a legion which is much needed for PVP, trust me its way more fun in groups :p, also cant wait to get some crafting done as the crafted stuff is so much better then quest items

i always get lazy in beta's knowing that my character will get wiped, will be more fun in live and will be focusing on getting into a legion which is much needed for PVP, trust me its way more fun in groups :p, also cant wait to get some crafting done as the crafted stuff is so much better then quest items

Yeah tell me about it, made a priest hoping to do something different but made another Assassin now as i can not wait until retail.

Well it's only 8 days away for headstart, so i can't complain really. Just would be nice knowing what you do will stay and i can start crafting then aswell as now its pointless.

I cancelled my pre-order aswell, but more for financial reasons (£45 steam CE version) than no enjoying the game (though SF4 is more than filling my PVP desires :) ).
Will likely get the normal version in a few months - seemed like a very good (though not amazing) MMO

I'm guessing they are still giving out early access with preorders. So those people (like me) will be starting on the 20th. Everyone else starts on the 25th.

You don't get to start until the 23rd. I emaile NCsoft yesterday to ask.

Also, me and a couple of friends will be making a Legion on the Castor server as asmodian.

We aren't sure of what name we will be choosing yet :p

If anyone is interested in joining let me know, and I will get an invite to you when it's up. We won't be going around saying we are going to be the best legion on the game or anything like that, we are there purely for the fun. :)

Thanks, Cas.

[Cas];14871741 said:
You don't get to start until the 23rd. I emaile NCsoft yesterday to ask.

Also, me and a couple of friends will be making a Legion on the Castor server as asmodian.

We aren't sure of what name we will be choosing yet :p

If anyone is interested in joining let me know, and I will get an invite to you when it's up. We won't be going around saying we are going to be the best legion on the game or anything like that, we are there purely for the fun. :)

Thanks, Cas.

Who starts on the 23rd? EU preorders start on the 20th.

Well the game is released on the 25th? That's what all the sites I've seen say, including Steam. And even on the NCsoft website it says prepurchases get a 48hour headstart.

[Cas];14871881 said:
Well the game is released on the 25th? That's what all the sites I've seen say, including Steam. And even on the NCsoft website it says prepurchases get a 48hour headstart.

Its realeased on the 22nd in the US. So if you have a NA copy of the game you get a 2 day head start starting on the 20th, the EU headstart starts there too but the game doesnt get released in the EU untill the 25th, so its a 5 day headstart for EU players.

Its realeased on the 22nd in the US. So if you have a NA copy of the game you get a 2 day head start starting on the 20th, the EU headstart starts there too but the game doesnt get released in the EU untill the 25th, so its a 5 day headstart for EU players.

Right, thanks. :)

So in a way the GM was right, but wrong at the same time. :p

Back
Top Bottom