**Official** Aion Beta Thread

Nah when you create you character speak to the first npc you see, he tells you to go visit someone down the hill. You then complete that quest and it opens another and from then on, you will be sent all over the place for quests.

been playing it. its pretty awefull. nothing to do in the game! no purpose. no missions. no quests? ill stick to guild wars. its amazing from the word go

Not to be rude, but I have to ask...did you play the game for 14 seconds or something?

I mean, the purpose is PvP, the "missions" are all over the place, and there is a quest about 10m from you when you start the game, plus another few thousand from there on in.

I tend to think you're right though, you probably should stick to Guild Wars.

I'll be in Aion enjoying myself :)

They've patched the control/camera system, but it's still almost useless. I don't see how they can get it so wrong, are they planning on porting it to consoles or something :confused:

They've patched the control/camera system, but it's still almost useless. I don't see how they can get it so wrong, are they planning on porting it to consoles or something :confused:

Not as far as I'm aware, I can only assume that the asian userbase plays a different way than some western players.

I'm actually fine with the controls/camera as they are, but I guess it all depends on what you're used to.

What's wrong with the controls/camera? The only thing I've noticed which annoys me is you can't click both mouse buttons and move around where you want, you move but you're locked in a straight line.

What's wrong with the controls/camera? The only thing I've noticed which annoys me is you can't click both mouse buttons and move around where you want, you move but you're locked in a straight line.

The last patch fixed that, make sure "Disable Click to Move" and "Left Click to Rotate Camera" are ticked in the options.

There are 4 main problems with the control system, as I see it at least.

1. whilst running forwards, rotate the camera 180 degrees then hit jump. Should be self explanatory.

2. After every mouseturn, mouselook stops working, so you have to unclick and reclick to get it back.

3. This might be related to point 1, rotate the camera to any angle, then press w. You'll run in the direction of the camera, not the way you were facing.

4. Quite often the camera goes spazzy if you mouselook and mouseturn a lot. You end up running off in some random direction.

WoW, WAR, et al all do mouselook and mouseturn "properly". Imo of course.

The last patch fixed that, make sure "Disable Click to Move" and "Left Click to Rotate Camera" are ticked in the options.

There are 4 main problems with the control system, as I see it at least.

1. whilst running forwards, rotate the camera 180 degrees then hit jump. Should be self explanatory.

2. After every mouseturn, mouselook stops working, so you have to unclick and reclick to get it back.

3. This might be related to point 1, rotate the camera to any angle, then press w. You'll run in the direction of the camera, not the way you were facing.

4. Quite often the camera goes spazzy if you mouselook and mouseturn a lot. You end up running off in some random direction.

WoW, WAR, et al all do mouselook and mouseturn "properly". Imo of course.

That certainly explains why I find it ok then, I dont use any of those control methods. I'm sure it will be tweaked though for those who do.

Well beta is all over now! Got scout to lvl 5 and have a cleric lvl 11. Only got into beta Saturday morning.

Having played a little more, I can see it has potential, but I'm still really undecided as to weather the end game will be any good.

Does anybody have any links to endgame pvpve videos from the Korean version that would demonstrate to me what to look forward too?

I think its a shame we are going different servers, we are going Spatalos. From what I gather Castor is being claimed by RolePlayers as being the un official role playing server! A few guys from this forum are joining us but it would have been nice to fight you guys! Maybe in a game in the future :) Anyone else not wanting to go caster and join a mature Asmodian Legion please visit www.doom-guild.co.uk - 1 week until its out!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOO!

I think its a shame we are going different servers, we are going Spatalos. From what I gather Castor is being claimed by RolePlayers as being the un official role playing server! A few guys from this forum are joining us but it would have been nice to fight you guys! Maybe in a game in the future :) Anyone else not wanting to go caster and join a mature Asmodian Legion please visit www.doom-guild.co.uk - 1 week until its out!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOO!

Largely depends which groups of roleplayers you ask. The largest alliance of roleplayers that I know of has picked Gorgos as the "unofficial" role playing server :D

Which coincedently is looking like the primary candidate at the moment for our guilds choice, though we still have to finalise a vote on it.

WOOOOO!

Hoping you got a space for me , I am going to play a healer class as always :)
Got the game on pre order and cant wait untill next week, already booked 3 days off from work :)

Have just asked this in another thread but this does seem the better place so apologies. How would Aion run on a E2180, 4GB Ram and 880GT? Also what is the earliest that Eu players can play the game, and the best way to go about it to make sure your ready to go on launch day?

Cheers.

Spoke to Maxilive and he wont be buying the game at release so i shall kick the guild off as it looks like we have a few interested. I have some forums running which should be ready this evening some time so we can have a vote on server and faction.

Have just asked this in another thread but this does seem the better place so apologies. How would Aion run on a E2180, 4GB Ram and 880GT? Also what is the earliest that Eu players can play the game, and the best way to go about it to make sure your ready to go on launch day?

Cheers.

It would run fine on that maxxed out.

Earliest an EU player can play is the 20th (if they have the headstart from preorder). If they havent got the headstart then the earliest they can play is the 25th.

Back
Top Bottom