**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I guess so.

Its just something which puzzles me. If I start watching a film and I'm not enjoying it I stop watching, if I am not enjoying a book I stop reading. If I dont enjoy a game, I dont play. Everyone is different of course, it could just be me, but if I dont like something, I dont do it.

I think you need to play any MMORPG for more that a day or even a week to see what the game is like, quite often end game is what the game is about, good example WoW. I am going to play Aion with 1 char to at least maximum lvl and then play for at least few weeks before giving my opinion on the game itself.

Some people play beta for 10 min, get to lvl 3 and then say that the game is boring and brings nothing new to the genre.

I think you need to play any MMORPG for more that a day or even a week to see what the game is like, quite often end game is what the game is about, good example WoW. I am going to play Aion with 1 char to at least maximum lvl and then play for at least few weeks before giving my opinion on the game itself.

Some people play beta for 10 min, get to lvl 3 and then say that the game is boring and brings nothing new to the genre.

Absolutely, I wholeheartedly agree. MMOs require several hours play to really be able to assess them. What I cant understand is those people who have been playing a game for months, no longer like it or arent having fun, but continue not only playing, but paying. Many is the time that I have stopped having fun/enjoying a game..but at that point I just stop playing.

I would hate to think that I am being forced to play a game or that a game has a grip on me that I cannot stop playing even though I dont like it anymore.

Anyone know what version of the game will be released? Is it the current one?

As far as I am aware it will be the current one, 1.5.0.5.

There is however a new version currently in testing, so its possible that we might get that for release.

One moment, I'll grab the patch notes for the new patch.

[Item]

1. During aether extraction there will be a low chance to be inflicted with 'Aether Venom'. Unless removed, this effect will not allow the character to extract any materials for a certain period of time.
- Aether Venom can only be neutralized with the 'Word of Purification'
- 'Word of Purication' can be received once completing a captcha phrase
- You have up to 3 attempts to complete the captcha phrase. If the captcha is incorrect 3 times, then the character will not be able to extract Aether or regular materials for a certain period of time.
- The '/ExtractStatus' command can be used to check whether your character is able or unable to extract materials.
- Characters can still move or do other actions with the Aether Venom debuff. Players are advised to move to a safe location before completing the captcha

image.cgi

[UI]

1. Instance zone information window added.
- This window can be opened using the '/checkentry' command or by clicking the 'Instance zone information' option from the start menu.
- You can check your own and your party/raid members' instance lockout timers from this window

2. Numbered buttons now appear on the side when using the Qina/item quantity window.
- clickable buttons for those too lazy to type

- text color changes depending on the amount

3. Use of the auction window has been made more convenient
- in the item list tab, 2 drop down options added. 'Include in search' and 'Exact match'.

- The 'Include in search' option will search for all items that include the text provided in the input box. The 'Exact match' option only looks for items with exactly the same name as the item being searched for.

- Right clicking or alt+left clicking an item in your bag while the auction window is open will automatically fill the search input box with the item's name.

- Right clicking an item(in your bag) in the registration tab will register it in the auction house.

4. Cubes can now be individually auto-arranged when you have multiple cubes.
- right click the Cube name to use the 'change tab name' and 'cube auto arrange' options.

5. Items like the 'Color spray' and 'Hair dye' can now be previewed using the character wardrobe feature(Ctrl+left click).

[Skill]

1. In the case where a combo ability branches off into 2 possible skills, you can now choose which which skill/s you prefer to go into your skill chain.
- Left click and drag the skill icon of the skill you want to use to the top.

2. During Pvp, when casting a skill on a player and they run out of range during the skill cast, the skill will still go off if the target is still within a certain distance from the caster.

[Quests]

1. We have increased quest item drop rates for Stigma quests.
2. We added special descriptions for quests with special rewards, such as more cube space, abyss points, or titles.
3. We significantly increased the HP of NPCs associated with Daevanion quests.
some of these NPCs will not respond to enemy faction players nor can the players attack these NPCs

[Instances]

1. We have made significant changes to stats of every monsters in Dark Poeta instance.
These monsters are now more vulnerable to spell damage.
These monsters are now more resistant to physical damage.
All monsters excluding the bosses now have lower hp.
2. We have nerfed the damage of several skills the Dark Poeta S rank boss Tahabeta casts.
3. We have lowered the difficulty of Steel Mane instance.
4. We have increases the drop rate of stigma fragments in Steel Mane instnace.
5. We have added an elevator to the Steel Mane instance.
6. We added NPC guards to Dreadgion instance exits.
7. We have changed the stats of monsters in abyss fortress instance.
they will have lower hp but more resistant to physical damage

[Character]

1. We have lowered the effectiveness of elemental resistance.
2. Attacking will no longer interrupt auto run
3. We have lowered the amount of stigma shards required to equip stigmas.
4. We have increased the daily AP limit for characters higher than 1star lieutenant rank.
5. Summons can fly.

Using Captcha windows as an antibotting measure, thats pretty interesting. Havent seen that idea before.

Last edited:
Its nice to see they are trying to prevent botters but Im sure htey could have came up with a more creative idea

I agree with that, I am sure with a little thought they could (and probably still will) come up with something better. But as you say, its good to see that they are at least showing some effort to prevent botting.

Ok I just pre ordered it from the official site. I didn't get sent an email with head start/pre select codes but I have activated Aion on my NCsoft account. Does this mean i have access to the head start? or will they email me a separate code that I can enter to access pre select/head start?

Ok I just pre ordered it from the official site. I didn't get sent an email with head start/pre select codes but I have activated Aion on my NCsoft account. Does this mean i have access to the head start? or will they email me a separate code that I can enter to access pre select/head start?

As long as its activated on your ncsoft account, thats all you need. I did the same several weeks ago, ordered on the official site. Didnt get an email with the codes but was able to use my ncsoft login details for the closed and open betas.

Back
Top Bottom