**Official** Aion Beta Thread

hi i got a laptop just untill i build my pc.

sony vaio VGN-FZ38M
2.1GHz dual core
4GB RAM
Nvidia 8400m gt

do you think this will be ok to run aion?

How much is the monthly cost of aion online going to be?

regards~luke

I think you'll get away with running Aion on that laptop, although it might have to be on fairly low settings.

As for the subscription fee, I've heard its going to be around the current standard fee for MMORPGs which is £9.00

Account servers will be active but world severs down is my guess.

Im interested in how they ensure everyone can only create 2 chars, unless of course when you log in you only have 2 char slots.

Yeah they will either only give you 2 character slots or simply have it check how many existing characters you have when you click to create another one. Already = 2 and just throw up a message saying you've already created two.

NCSupport said:
The following prepurchases are currently available from the NCsoft Store.

Aion Prepurchase - available for £34.99 / € 49.99
Aion Collector's Edition Prepurchase - available for £44.99 / € 59.99

For more information on what these prepurchases provide, please see the following articles:
Aion Prepurchase Features and Bonuses
Aion Collector's Edition Prepurchase Features and Bonuses

The boxed versions of Aion are not available in stores yet, but the Aion Limited Collector's Edition boxed version will sell at an anticipated price of £54.99 / € 69.99, and the Standard Edition boxed version will sell at an anticipated price of £34.99 / € 49.99. For more information regarding pre-ordering these boxed versions, please see http://eu.aiononline.com/en/preorder

Activation with a valid credit/debit card, prepaid game time card, or PayPal® is required.

Players who wish to use a credit card will be able to choose from the following recurring billing options*:

* £8.99 / € 12.99 per month
* 3 months - £23.97 / € 34.47 (the equivalent of £7.99 / € 11.49 per month)
* 6 months - £44.94 / € 65.94 (the equivalent of £7.49 / € 10.99 per month)
* 12 months - £83.88 / € 119.88 (the equivalent of £6.99 / € 9.99 per month)

(Example: Your credit card will be billed for £44.94 / € 65.94 in one lump payment if you choose the 6-month plan. The £7.49 / € 10.99 simply shows the average monthly rate - it is not the amount you will be billed.)

Billing will begin after the included game time that comes with your purchase has expired, which begins the day the game is launched.

Players who do not wish to use a credit/debit card can use game time cards, which are available at many North American retailers. City of Heroes, City of Villains, Lineage II and generic PlayNC/NCsoft Game Time Cards can be used for Aion game accounts.

Players who wish to activate the account using PayPal® will be able to choose from the following purchase options*. You can choose to make a One time payment or have your PayPal payment Automatically recur.

* 1 month of game time - £8.99 / € 12.99
* 3 months of game time - £23.97 / € 34.47 (the equivalent of £7.99 / € 11.49 per month)
* 6 months of game time - £44.94 / € 65.94 (the equivalent of £7.49 / € 10.99 per month)
* 12 months of game time - £83.88 / € 119.88 (the equivalent of £6.99 / € 9.99 per month)

One time payments for PayPal are applied immediately and extend the time of your account. If activating your account using PayPal, you will be billed according to the amount of game time you chose to purchase and included game time that came with your purchase will be added to your account as well. You will not be placed on recurring billing.
If you choose the Automatically recur PayPal payment option, you will be charged after the game has launched, and after your included bonus time expires, and you will be placed on a recurring billing plan according to the payment plan you chose until deactivated.

Wow this is great! Take 20 minutes to make a master NCsoft account because of stupid errors then it takes ages to verify my account and now it wont let me buy the bloody game! "We're sorry, but we are unable to accept your order at this time. Please try again later or tomorrow. If you continue to have problems, you may wish to visit one of our retail partners."

Ohh yeah and it's a dead link to their "partners" :(

~Divine~Wind~, thanks for the billing info. You mentioned about a month, or more, back that you were considering the purchase of some cheaper existing game time cards if they could be used with Aion. Now that it's confirmed, are the ones you were looking at any cheaper than ones listed just now? :)

Anyone know if the Killer Aion Guide is on any p2p or something?

/flamesuit

Dont know I'm afraid, I'm sure that if it isnt , it soon will be.

I dont bother with game guides for MMOs, because they go so out of date so fast. I remember when I first got UO all those years ago, and got the Prima guide for it, the whole thing was outdated within 3 months.

I suspect that already some of the info in the Killer guide is out of date...like for instance it probably says that SM pets cant fly, when thats about to be changed. I just find that MMOs are too dynamic for guides.

I have downloaded the game but i had some problems logging in during the last Beta since I changed my computers. Essentially an error just logged me out.

Will I need to download anything else for launch, have I missed something in the downloads that I will need for the game to work?

I downloaded the original client on the Beta's and since then have been downloading every patch and also changed it over to the European version rather than the American version.

Any help would be much appreciated

They did work out a little cheaper than the monthly subs.
However they were Very close to the longer subs actually offered by NC.
Only benefit would have been if you didnt want to sub for such a long time.

e.g the 12 month sub offerd by NC works out at £6.99 p/m the cards worked out a littel bit more than this, but you didnt have to sub for a whole year that way. It really was a fractional saving from the suppliers I spoke to, some are unwilling to send scans of cards and even more are unwilling to actually post cards despite me stating I would cover all necessary postal charges.

I'm still looking at suppliers but so far it seems most of us are just gonna slap a 6monther on each account and see how it pans out from there.

I have downloaded the game but i had some problems logging in during the last Beta since I changed my computers. Essentially an error just logged me out.

Will I need to download anything else for launch, have I missed something in the downloads that I will need for the game to work?

I downloaded the original client on the Beta's and since then have been downloading every patch and also changed it over to the European version rather than the American version.

Any help would be much appreciated

There was a small patch during the open beta which you may or may not have yet. Its possible that there will be another small patch before release but other than that you should be all ready.

There was a small patch during the open beta which you may or may not have yet. Its possible that there will be another small patch before release but other than that you should be all ready.

Can you think of any general reason why it would crash? Certainly nothing to do with my PC being too slow etc, built a new one specifically for this and other up and coming games :D

It just freezes after I finish typing in my password and just sits on that screen until I get annoyed and run task manager, which says program not responding. No error message or anything.

It just freezes after I finish typing in my password and just sits on that screen until I get annoyed and run task manager, which says program not responding. No error message or anything.

I had exactly the same thing happening to mine during open beta. I got to the login screen, entered my details and it would just sit there frozen for about 3 or 4 mins, and then come up with a window saying I had been disconnected from the server.

I guessed maybe there was something wrong with my installation, as I was using the client from the closed beta and had upgraded it for open beta (it worked fine during closed beta).

So I downloaded the full open beta client, removed my updated closed beta client. It worked perfectly fine after that.

EDIT : I should add, that I didnt have the problem at all until the 1.5.0.4 patch. The moment that patch went onto my closed beta client was when the problem started.

I had exactly the same thing happening to mine during open beta. I got to the login screen, entered my details and it would just sit there frozen for about 3 or 4 mins, and then come up with a window saying I had been disconnected from the server.

I guessed maybe there was something wrong with my installation, as I was using the client from the closed beta and had upgraded it for open beta (it worked fine during closed beta).

So I downloaded the full open beta client, removed my updated closed beta client. It worked perfectly fine after that.

EDIT : I should add, that I didnt have the problem at all until the 1.5.0.4 patch. The moment that patch went onto my closed beta client was when the problem started.

This may well be it, i'll give it a try! Looking forward to making my characters tommorow!

EDIT: Seems I was missing a few patches :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom