Official Animal Crossing Wide World Thread (***INFO/SPOILERS***)

Associate
cyKey said:
Just got this too. Enjoying it so far. Currently stuck with a swollen face :)

Character Name: Pete
Town Name: Moowoo
Fruit: Apples
Code: 0043-6398-6789

You got apples, I got pears. Fancy trying a link up tomorrow to swap fruit?

Soldato
OP
Khrest said:
So what was the 3000 bells insurance he talked me into the other day? That was alllegedly for sickness and injury ??!

Yes you pay the one off premium of 3000 bells then everytime your character trips or gets stung you get 100 bells.

Associate
Anyone fancy meeting up to exchange fruits?

How do i find out my friends code?

In my town i have apples, peaches and oranges.

can you get coconuts? one washed up on the beach, planted it but didnt grow! ><

Associate
How about 8ish tonight?

ja3h, you be around same time?

Get your freind code from one of the guards at the main entrance to the town. Just tell him you need one and he will test your wifi and then give one to you.

I badly need a spade if either of your Nook's has one.

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
can you get coconuts? one washed up on the beach, planted it but didnt grow! ><

Read my OP :p

Yes you can grow coconuts, however they need to be close to the beach or they don't grow. To guarantee a coconut tree cut down a tree close to the beach, dig up the stump and plant the coconut in the hole.

Coconut palms only give 2 fruits instead of 3 but are valuable later on because they attract rare insects in the Summer nights :)

Associate
:eek: you're so wise!

Dammit...i should have just thought that...palm trees grow in sand! ><

Well i wasted that coconut aint seen one since...anyone got any coconuts? :)

*reads op....forces out revision i've been doing yesterday

is it me or is anyone else have trouble setting it up on their wireless router?! ><

Once i get it working i'll post my friend code, tonight at 8 is good :)

Associate
Got it to work i had to get closer to the router! ><

Character Name: Jambo
Town Name: Fokyo
Fruit: Apples/Peaches/Oranges
Code: 1632-7801-4194

So whos town are we going to? :D

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
:eek: you're so wise!

Dammit...i should have just thought that...palm trees grow in sand! ><

Well it doesn't need to be right in the sand, the grass close to the sand is good enough :) As long as you can see the beach i'd say your close enough to it that it should work.

Associate
thanks, a coconut washed on the shore today so its planted :)

Also buried my shovel yesterday, golden shovel! so this means i can plant money trees right? has anyone done that yet?

Soldato
OP
ja3h said:
thanks, a coconut washed on the shore today so its planted :)

Also buried my shovel yesterday, golden shovel! so this means i can plant money trees right? has anyone done that yet?

I know brownpants has, word of warning though. Even if you plant it in a tree stump hole, you still only have a 1 in 4 chance of the money tree growing money bags :) Your better off having a full orchard across your village. Every 3 days my trees fruit and selling them gets me 200k Bells. Play the turnip market (Buy turnips on Sundays) and sell them for a profit is also a great way to make money :)

Associate
cyKey said:
Actually I gotta pop out to the gym. I should be back by 9.

It isn't working tonight anyway. I can't seem to connect with any sort of consistancy to their servers. WiFi router is working fine, sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't and their website is useless because it only suggests a fault with my local hardware. More likely their servers are over the top if you ask me...

Associate
JaFFa said:
lies i tell ye im currently trying to connect with no joy

Dropped me and chucked me out of the game. Just spent another 20 minutes trying to get a connection. Test Settings page reports okay but the actual game won't have it.

Sorry, forget it for now, I'd rather play a game than sit there trying to get a connection all the time...

Associate
lol no wonder i couldn't connect!

how about tonight?

thanks for the advise windle...i buried 2 trees one with 10k and one with 1k...lets see what happens :s

if you guys wanna come over to my town thats cool, i only played it yesterday the past week i've just been running about shaking trees each day so theres lots of fruit everywhere!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I was gonna buy this today, loved the originality of Animal Crossing on the GC but after a while wondered what to do as it got, well it got to nothing really (unless I was playing it wrong!).

Anyway, this does seem like it could be good. Anyone fancy highlighting a few good points and trying to sell it!

Associate
ok, i'll stick my village online tonight for anyone that wants to visit (see first post).

Is it only my friend code that a stranger needs, or do i have to put their code in as well?

Back
Top Bottom