*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

I never played the tutorial or singleplayer. I played the demo deathmatch then joined my regular server and read the manual while waiting round for the game to progress which there tends to be a lot of

Its fairly straight forward, its not bf2 but the deathmatch was arcadey enough and the domination mode I think it is you can just jump in a heli and go kill stuff. Mouse wheel for menu, right click to cancel it and F to cycle weapons seem to cover most of the fiddly menu stuff

Main downsides would be the massive drain it has on the cpu for some reason. Get a quad seems best.
Doesnt use as much memory as PR or bf2 even as it streams the textures from disk, bf2 keeps them all in memory
Good cpu, disk and patience required

Main downsides would be the massive drain it has on the cpu for some reason. Get a quad seems best.
Doesnt use as much memory as PR or bf2 even as it streams the textures from disk, bf2 keeps them all in memory
Good cpu, disk and patience required

True. I was looking forward to better performance when the next gen ATi cards come out, but I doubt it would make any difference because the game is heavily CPU limited. Seems like you need a 4ghz+ i7 to get decent performance (i.e. over 30fps) in some of the larger campaigns.

I just hope they are working on fixing the grass disappearing after a few hundred feet issue. Dragon Rising doesn't look like it has any such issue with grass.

i'd like to see how DR handles the issue. not really seen a game that doesnt have a draw distance on vegistation or grass. ppl will always change their config or whatever to turn it off altogether anyway probably.

Really wanted to enjoy this game but just wasnt as fun as project reality. I'm willing to give it another go but only if the community is better. Has he voip been fixed now? Are the servers still full of headless chickens? Is there online gameplay like project reality's?

Last edited:
Its a tough game and there is no mistaking that

I takes a lot of practice before you stop getting shot and you not knowing where you are getting hit from

Its easier to learn by doing in multiplayer mode , dont rely on the in game training

I posted this in another thread but maybe someone else who plays Arma2 has had the same problem.

As most know Arma2 combined with certain nvidia drivers (191.07 in my case) doesn't seem to like 8Gb of ram and casues corruptions. I've read that lower the Maximum Memory in MSCONFIG to 7680 or lower will fix this issue but that's where I'm having a problem.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit and I'm having issues trying to set the maximum memory size in MSCONFIG to 7680MB. When I put this value in and press ok, then go back in to check it has set it shows 3584.

Anyone else had this problem?

Ok so i need a hand :) Im on the Manhatten mission (SP), and ive done everything bar find the the Leader bloke. Ive checked all the bodies around the camp (even went as far as turning off grass to find each and everyone) and he isnt to be found amongst any of em. Where could he be ?

Back
Top Bottom