*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

I don't know how many people have already bought the game, but i cannot quite believe how good Arma 2 is. I think its going to be better than OPF in a couple of months and the initial bugs are ironed out (which arent really that bad). Its got that 'special something' honestly incredible. The graphics are also jaw droppingly good. I just saw an op flash 2 vid, and it looked absolutely appaling compared to this.

The ai is improved over arma, urban combat actually works now. Its also made me want to upgrade my pc because it struggles slightly on medium at 1920x1200. Thats with a very modest spec though. It still looks amazing as well.

My thoughts exactly mate. Not played Arma2 yet but I can just tell from the youtube vids that it is everything I wanted. The E3 footage of OFP DR looks shocking imo, just generic in every sense.

hey crazymofo16321, what was the pc spec you were using?

E8200 @ 3.15GHZ
3.5 gigs of ram
9800GTX
Win XP32

Runs better than arma did whilst looking way better. (don't let setting fool you, medium on arma is almost as good as very high, the differences arent massively noticeable)

The view distance is way better optimised this time around. I'm able to have 6km comfortably... View distance makes all the difference in immersion.

I've been reading over at BIS I think it was that it runs much better in XP and Win7 than it does in Vista has anyone here tested this?
My mates going to be really brassed off if this is the case as he's just bought Vista thinking with it being new it would be better for games.

Just one thing to point out here:
I bought the original arma 1 game 3 years ago (downloaded version)
I tried to re-install it BUT I am out of activations :-(
I tried to contact the support people who sold it to me without sucess ,
This worries me , is arma 2 going to go the same way ?
3 Activations then you are screwed.

I have always been a bit dubious about onlne activation things for this very reason , they go down the tubes and your game is useless ......... great

Just one thing to point out here:
I bought the original arma 1 game 3 years ago (downloaded version)
I tried to re-install it BUT I am out of activations :-(
I tried to contact the support people who sold it to me without sucess ,
This worries me , is arma 2 going to go the same way ?
3 Activations then you are screwed.

I have always been a bit dubious about onlne activation things for this very reason , they go down the tubes and your game is useless ......... great

which download retailer was this from?

I had the same thing with directtodrive.co.uk with Grid and contacted them and they added/reset activations.

Some of the 'bugs' mentioned by reviewers are apparently due to copy protection from pirate copies.

Makes you wonder about some of the reviewers, doesn't it. If this is the case, not only do these people rip off the games companies, but give them bad reviews to boot, the result of which (i.e. reluctance to purchase the retail copies) can be seen in threads like these.

Apart from some confusion in the language files which are certain to be addressed, soon, I can find absolutely nothing wrong with
ArmA II, it's one complete blast!

Last edited:
I think the game is fantastic - they've totally redone the interface that actaully tells you (when you're a noob like me) what's going on and what I need to do and go. I did a few of the campain missions with a freind and it was fantastic I really enjoyed my self - the atmostphere when the assualt on the cost was brillaint the Cobra's were flying over head unloading on troops, HArriers blowing things up, us running out of the wood ino the village and being supported form other areas really gave it a better feel the Arma 1 and 1.5 did.

Oh, and saying 'I've given up on this game because of the bugs' a few days after its come out and that it's still classed as a Beta makes you sound 12 and a bit of a ****.

Your totally missing the point , a few small bug I could tolerate.
NO WHERE in any of the purchasing info did it say GAME IS BETA.
I have seen pictures of teh German boxed release , it sure doesnt say beta there.
No one would have liked this to have been better than me , I play arma every few days cos its a great game.

Eventually arma 2 will get better I am just going to wait until then ( probably a week or two after the English release)

Sorry forgot to post that I set up the server, named it 'OcUK Arma 2' (should show in the master list now). Unfortunately I didn't have time to actually play on it last night! :)

Your totally missing the point , a few small bug I could tolerate.
NO WHERE in any of the purchasing info did it say GAME IS BETA.
I have seen pictures of teh German boxed release , it sure doesnt say beta there.
No one would have liked this to have been better than me , I play arma every few days cos its a great game.

Eventually arma 2 will get better I am just going to wait until then ( probably a week or two after the English release)

Admittedly ive only played the coop and MP, but ive not come across any game breaking bugs at all.

When i bought this game, i knew the german version was an "open beta" affair, just same as it was for arma1. So not knowing is kind of your own fault.

Im tottaly suprised that this game is actually playable MP and coop(altho hosting locally isnt ideal in coop) BF2 on release was totally unplayable on week one, and that was with the might of EA.

I think bis have done a excellent job with the resources they have.

Back
Top Bottom