*******Official Armed Assault 2 thread of official officialness*******

Really good to read your comments Taggart, the multiplayer side of the game is where i will be spending most of my time i think, so positive comments like yours have me counting down the days to June 19th.

I just checked my account and it still says £17.95, I also checked the TOC and it says the following

"All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you."

So who knows. If they do change the price I will cancel the order on principle.

I just checked my account and it still says £17.95, I also checked the TOC and it says the following

"All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you."

So who knows. If they do change the price I will cancel the order on principle.

Has that place changed their tune? Surely they have to inform me first if they change the price?

Has that place changed their tune? Surely they have to inform me first if they change the price?

You could take it to mean that if the VAT changes they can change the price without notification or they can just change the price if they want too. "They Reserve the Right dosen't mean they will"

Even if the "Z store" changes the price for all preorders to £25, then it is no loss since most other stores are charging the same. However, I'd also probably cancel out of principle. Wait and see if they contact me over any price change i suppose.

Right got a new rig on order for this bad boy! I just wish Steam would confirm a June 19th release. I can't see why it would be delayed? I thought about it long and hard today and concluded that the Steam version is a must for me! I can't play games anymore the "old" way.

yeah, i have slight rig worries but i cant afford to upgrade so i guess the visual settings may be lowered a touch.

Apologies to all for not posting 17.99 price, i was mid fight in 2142 when i got told the price and location

People i have been out of gaming for a while

Is this game about the best game ill be playing when its released and will the online play be as good as my BF2 days :D

I've got hold of the German Version and applied the english patch. Not majourly impressed tbh. My main problem is the game lag. It's not like it's laggy but it's like mouse lag. Also the gfx are blurry unless you make the optimizer higher and that then makes it lag if it's too high. You can get a happy medium but it's still got some stupid mouse lag I can't get rid of.

I'm running this on.....

Q6600
8Gig 1066 Ram
XFX HD4890
Dell SP2309W ( 2048 x 1152 )

Crysis is pretty dammed good on my pc so don't see why this isn't as good and looks worse. Anyone else having same issues as me ? Another thing is that I made a fres install of XP SP3 to run it with all latest drivers ect as it jsut refused to load any textures when in Win 7.

I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue and if there's a way to make the lag better. Even on low settings it's the same mouse lag.

Kev

People i have been out of gaming for a while

Is this game about the best game ill be playing when its released and will the online play be as good as my BF2 days :D

I'm returning to PC gaming after 3 years of Xbox Live almost entirely because of this game. It will def be an epic game. The co-op will be off the scale.

Guys, does anyone know if you will be able to activate Arma2 within steam with a retail copy? I've never tried to register a steam product via a cdkey. If this is possible, I'll def get the retail on the 19th.

I've got hold of the German Version and applied the english patch. Not majourly impressed tbh. My main problem is the game lag. It's not like it's laggy but it's like mouse lag. Also the gfx are blurry unless you make the optimizer higher and that then makes it lag if it's too high. You can get a happy medium but it's still got some stupid mouse lag I can't get rid of.

I'm running this on.....

Q6600
8Gig 1066 Ram
XFX HD4890
Dell SP2309W ( 2048 x 1152 )

Crysis is pretty dammed good on my pc so don't see why this isn't as good and looks worse. Anyone else having same issues as me ? Another thing is that I made a fres install of XP SP3 to run it with all latest drivers ect as it jsut refused to load any textures when in Win 7.

I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue and if there's a way to make the lag better. Even on low settings it's the same mouse lag.

Kev

I don't get any mouse lag, but aiming is definitely more difficult than in most fps's, this one actually simulates a man holding a (heavy) gun rather than just having bullets coming out the eyes of a camera (the player) with a gun just overlaying the image. Try forcing Vsync off in your gfx cards control panel, that sometimes causes mouse lag.

It definitely is a resource hog, but nothing compared to arma. Make sure the fill rate is 100% or under, as that will kill fps. it runs ok on my machine (better than arma1) on normal settings with 88-100% fillrate depending on the mission. apparently the 4890 is the best single card for arma2 so i don't know whats going wrong with your setup mate, it should be running really well on normal settings.

my arma pic

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Tried to upload pic of my setting but didn't really work, i'll try it again. I'm getting about 35 fps in that pic and if u can see it's that's my settings, runs at about 40 - 50 normally but when units are there it goes down a bit. Should this be right on a HD4890 ?

You may have caused FADE by using the English patch. FADE is their copy protection mechanism (uncracked so far by all reports). Once started, it degrades the performance of the game to ultimately make it unplayable. Look on the forums as a number of people are suspecting using an English patch is causing this.

After reading the pcgamer review, the only downsides they came across was the A.I and it being quite demanding on your pc. But apart from that they enjoyed and now i cant wait to get it. This will be a purchase from me, ill probably get it off steam though.

Right got a new rig on order for this bad boy! I just wish Steam would confirm a June 19th release. I can't see why it would be delayed? I thought about it long and hard today and concluded that the Steam version is a must for me! I can't play games anymore the "old" way.

Likewise.

I pre-ordered the same day it came up at £36.99 - lol

Currently going through a refund process with STEAM so I can then re-purchase it for £29.99.

Back
Top Bottom