**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Guys I read this the other day, its old but it applies to now. There must be a point of diminishing return with cpu vs mem speeds.

We know we cannot go faster than light so someone do the numbers with this statement from 2008. ;)

"The first thing that jumps out is how absurdly fast our processors are. Most simple instructions on the Core 2 take one clock cycle to execute, hence a third of a nanosecond at 3.0Ghz. For reference, light only travels ~4 inches (10 cm) in the time taken by a clock cycle. It’s worth keeping this in mind when you’re thinking of optimization."

I checked the mem is no more then 4 inch from middle of cpu!! :eek:

You learn something new everyday!!!! :D

Funnily enough the Intel RST v11.1.0.1006 driver has now been updated on the Gigabyte website, I'll change the link so it's directly from Gigabyte instead of Intel now.
~Divine~Wind~ said:
Are these all the approapriate drivers for the UD3H also?
Yes they are also fine for your motherboard, I just double checked the drivers they are the same.
spluff said:
do you need to uninstall the older driver first before installing or safe to install over?
you can install straight over, it will replace the older versions.

The actual Intel PCH Driver v9.3.0.1020, I updated each one manually as shown in the diagram below in device driver, as well as auto updating as it would not replace them by just doing a straight install. I've already updated mine last night. :)

drvupdate.jpg

HELP ¬!!

Just built my new system, GA-Z77X-UD5H Wifi, with i3570K, and cannot get the beast to power up, I've stripped the board out , 1 stick of memory and the cpu and nothing!! apart from the power up button on the motherboard which just flashes..

Pulling hair out as can't find any help on this.

Grateful for you advice

Gary

HELP ¬!!

Just built my new system, GA-Z77X-UD5H Wifi, with i3570K, and cannot get the beast to power up, I've stripped the board out , 1 stick of memory and the cpu and nothing!! apart from the power up button on the motherboard which just flashes..

Pulling hair out as can't find any help on this.

Grateful for you advice

Gary

plugged 4 or 8 pin plug into the mb? top left of cpu socket,aswell as the 24 pin mb plug from psu?

Yes Wazza300,

I plugged it it in, reseated the 24 pin atx and the cpu 8pin.

Current thinking that the MB bios is not new enough, but i do not know what symptoms to expect if thats the case.

Could be exactly whats happening, or would it at least power up fans and all but go no further and give me a post error??

Funnily enough the Intel RST v11.1.0.1006 driver has now been updated on the Gigabyte website, I'll change the link so it's directly from Gigabyte instead of Intel now.Yes they are also fine for your motherboard, I just double checked the drivers they are the same.you can install straight over, it will replace the older versions.

The actual Intel PCH Driver v9.3.0.1020, I updated each one manually as shown in the diagram below in device driver, as well as auto updating as it would not replace them by just doing a straight install. I've already updated mine last night. :)

drvupdate.jpg
Also >>

Intel Rapid Storage Technology(RST) v11.1.0.1006 is OFFICIAL and WHQL

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_bootdisk_irst_64_7series.exe

Use the mb_driver_intel_bootdisk_irst_64_7series and update through device manager >> IDE ATAPI controllers>SATA AHCI Controller>driver>update driver

OR

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20984

Use the f6flpy-x64_Win7_XP_11.1.0.1006.zip and update through device manager >> IDE ATAPI controllers>SATA AHCI Controller>driver>update driver

Last edited:
Yes Wazza300,

I plugged it it in, reseated the 24 pin atx and the cpu 8pin.

Current thinking that the MB bios is not new enough, but i do not know what symptoms to expect if thats the case.

Could be exactly whats happening, or would it at least power up fans and all but go no further and give me a post error??

Have you checked to see if the cpu is seated right or the mb maybe shorting on something. The cpu should run out the box with the motherboard no update is needed.

Last edited:
I've taken the CPU in and out looked for pins bent...all looks ok.

Will check again though

G

Yup, Checked and looks ok...the MB is sitting on a mag out of the case, with only PSU ATX and CPU feeds connected.

I expect at least a post, not just the flashing power on button on the MB...frustrating.

Even if the processor not spported cos its an old bios..it should post and freeze on th eppropriate error code!!

Have I got a dud out the box??

G

After checking the above things not much else you can do apart from rma the board. Very rare for a gigabyte board to be doa tho. A long shot dont sound like a psu problem but have you got spare components to try?

Yup, Checked and looks ok...the MB is sitting on a mag out of the case, with only PSU ATX and CPU feeds connected.

I expect at least a post, not just the flashing power on button on the MB...frustrating.

Even if the processor not spported cos its an old bios..it should post and freeze on th eppropriate error code!!

Have I got a dud out the box??

G

i think the boards fine,try with just one stick of memory installed in the second ram slot from the cpu socket to the front of case

teake out the graphics card and test with onboard,makesure you connect your monitor to the mb hdmi/vga/dvi if it has them

could be graphic card detection problem ect

Back
Top Bottom