**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
I've had my new PC with the GZ-Z77X-UD5H Wifi for about 5 weeks now. Up until today I've had zero problems, was running the F7 bios and had no crashes/lockups - totally smooth. Started playing ME3 on and off about 2 and half weeks ago and everything was fine until today when suddenly PC would lockup, go black screen followed by looping sound after a few minutes of starting the game. Rebooted and kept trying and it was crashing roughly after the same amount of time with the same symptoms. BCLK is set to 101 after going from 100(auto) to 100.1 and has not helped. Also flashed to F8 and has not helped either. Most other settings are still set to the optimized defaults I would imagine. Does anyone know anything else I could try?

Associate
What are your PC specs?
Have you had lockups in other games other than ME3?

No other lockups in my other games, but I only have counter-strike and sc2 installed at the moment. Did have Metro2033 a few weeks back which I completed from start to finish without a hitch and then uninstalled. (wonder if it's something a little more specific with ME3...).

As someone on tweaktown forums suggested, I changed the CPU VTT voltage up from default 1.05v to 1.1v, which helped for about an hour then the game and PC locked up again.

Specs: i5 3750k no overclock, 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz ddr3 ram, EVGA gtx670 2gb, 750W Corsair PSU.

Last edited:
Associate
No other lockups in my other games, but I only have counter-strike and sc2. (wonder if it's something a little more specific with ME3...).

As someone on tweaktown forums suggested, I changed the CPU VTT voltage up from default 1.05v to 1.1v, which helped for about an hour then the game and PC locked up again.

Specs: i5 3750k no overclock, 8gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz ddr3 ram, EVGA gtx670 2gb, 750W Corsair PSU.

My lockups happened in BF3 and Arma2, so i could rule out the game being the cause.

Have you tried to uninstall ME3 and reinstall?

Are you using onboard sound or a dedicated card?

Are you running at stock or overclocked?

Edit: raising VTT had no effect on my lockups

Associate
My lockups happened in BF3 and Arma2, so i could rule out the game being the cause.

Have you tried to uninstall ME3 and reinstall?

Are you using onboard sound or a dedicated card?

Are you running at stock or overclocked?

Edit: raising VTT had no effect on my lockups

I have a dedicated sound card, Xonar D2X. Everything is running at stock right now.

The reason I wonder if it was something specific with ME3 was because I was getting the feeling that the game was almost crashing at specific moments, mostly during cinematics/cut scenes. One time my monitors flickered dark and I thought it was about to lock up again, but then came back and the graphics became a little slower for a while, I restarted the game and was everything fine. Kept going for an hour like I said and then it locked up with the looping audio again, during a cutscene no less (perhaps just coincidence or perhaps indicating a potential issue with the video card/drivers?).

Associate
I have a dedicated sound card, Xonar D2X. Everything is running at stock right now.

The reason I wonder if it was something specific with ME3 was because I was getting the feeling that the game was almost crashing at specific moments, mostly during cinematics/cut scenes. One time my monitors flickered dark and I thought it was about to lock up again, but then came back and the graphics became a little slower for a while, I restarted the game and was everything fine. Kept going for an hour like I said and then it locked up again, during a cutscene.

My lockups were just the game freezing with the looping high pitched sound.

Since Friday night i took my X-fi out and am using onboard sound (no lockups but it only happened about every eight hours of gaming so still no sure way to say it was sound card incompatability, but i am hopeful.

Maybe try those new Nvidia Beta drivers and do a fresh install of ME3 man.

Associate
My lockups were just the game freezing with the looping high pitched sound.

Since Friday night i took my X-fi out and am using onboard sound (no lockups but it only happened about every eight hours of gaming so still no sure way to say it was sound card incompatability, but i am hopeful.

Maybe try those new Nvidia Beta drivers and do a fresh install of ME3 man.

Have you tried any other drivers aside from the latest nvidia ones?

I also found this in my event viewer:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Which occurred around the time when my computer seemed like it was about to lock up, but then managed to recover. (once out of like 6-7 today)

Associate
That right there is your issue man.

Its called a TDR. Your Driver / Card stopped responding and it time-out's and usually recovers.

You need to uninstall the drivers. Run Driver Sweeper in safe mode. Reboot and install the lastest drivers and maybe even an older driver.

It is a hard one to troubleshoot, but try what i said and report back.

Associate
That right there is your issue man.

Its called a TDR. Your Driver / Card stopped responding and it time-out's and usually recovers.

You need to uninstall the drivers. Run Driver Sweeper in safe mode. Reboot and install the lastest drivers and maybe even an older driver.

It is a hard one to troubleshoot, but try what i said and report back.

Well the latest official drivers are the only ones that support the 600 series, I will try the latest beta driver to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion either way, will report back if any more issues.

Associate
I have the same motherboard, and lately I have more and more issues with Windows shutdown that it never completes. The sometimes is running all night long. I already reinstalled Windows but afterwards it still had that issue. Now upgraded firmware to F8 and hopefully this will address the problem. Anybody seen this?

Associate
I have the same motherboard, and lately I have more and more issues with Windows shutdown that it never completes. The sometimes is running all night long. I already reinstalled Windows but afterwards it still had that issue. Now upgraded firmware to F8 and hopefully this will address the problem. Anybody seen this?

Very strange not heard of or seen this.

Associate
Faulty Z77X-UD5H?

Hello,
Two weeks ago I built a new PC with a Z77X-UD5H and I'm having massive issues with it since last weekend. At the beginning I had random screen freezes while running Win7 (no CTDs or BSODs), I updated all mobo drivers and BIOS to F8. Everything went fine for a while but eventually I started getting lots of BSODs in Win7 even after recovery in safe mode. Decided to perform a clean install but now I'm locked up in W7 installation process: I boot from install DVD, loads stuff up, Win7 logo and then either a black screen (rare) or one of the following BSODs:
STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found} / PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (STOP: 0x00000050) / STOP: c0000006 / STOP: 0x000000F4

I stripped the PC down removing the discrete GPU, connecting only either the SSD or HDD, tried BIOSes F7 and F4, checked PSU voltages with a multimeter and BIOS (those are OK) and connecting only a memory stick at a time in different slots with same faulty behaviour. I also performed a Memtest86+ with all my 4 sticks (3 passes OK) and with a single stick (7 passes OK).
The POST messages in the mobo when the BSOD triggers are either "0x0A" (IDE initialization starts) or "0x05" (which doesn't appear in the user's manual :confused:???)

Everything points out to a faulty mobo; however, since I'm no expert any suggestion/comment will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My specs are:
Corsair 850W HX; Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz; Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H; Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 OC 2GB; Intel Core i5-3570K; Noctua NH-D14; Samsung 830 128GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Fractal Design ARC; Win 7 HP 64-bit (OEM)

Associate
After using it for a bit now I've decided the onboard sound is rubbish. Wasn't noticable at first but the more I've used it the more I've spotted.

CS:S - I get a whiney sound in the background, standard onboard interference type noise. Also the sound seems "quiet" even with the volume up...hard to explain but deffo weaker than the x-fi was/is.

Despite having zero lockups using the onboard so far I also found that my cpu hated being @ 4:00ghz so i'm starting to think that was more likely the cause of my lockups than the soundcard alone.

I do however still get the occasional boot failure bios message where I can simply enter the bios and just hit save again to get past it...think it's the ram overclock but not 100% sure. Only started with F8 but I can pass memtest and ibt fine (multiple times)

Half tempted to ditch the samsung ram and maybe pickup a pci-e soundcard to replace my aging pci x-fi.

Caporegime
After using it for a bit now I've decided the onboard sound is rubbish. Wasn't noticable at first but the more I've used it the more I've spotted.

CS:S - I get a whiney sound in the background, standard onboard interference type noise. Also the sound seems "quiet" even with the volume up...hard to explain but deffo weaker than the x-fi was/is.

Despite having zero lockups using the onboard so far I also found that my cpu hated being @ 4:00ghz so i'm starting to think that was more likely the cause of my lockups than the soundcard alone.

I do however still get the occasional boot failure bios message where I can simply enter the bios and just hit save again to get past it...think it's the ram overclock but not 100% sure. Only started with F8 but I can pass memtest and ibt fine (multiple times)

Half tempted to ditch the samsung ram and maybe pickup a pci-e soundcard to replace my aging pci x-fi.

i found my front panel usb ports were causing that whine sound,tested by pulling them out from motherboard header? this was only heard using front panel headphone socket,through speakers i couldnt hear the whine

Associate
Wazza: Using headphones in the rear ports but do have the front audio and usb ports connected. Don't really want to disconnect them either so will fit the soundcard again (or buy a new one) at some point once I'm happy it's fully stable without.

Back
Top Bottom