• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Permabanned
Yea I think I'm fully decided now, order a KFA2 reference design asap on the 10th for the nice keyring, then next year buy the dual GPU single PCB version, and tri SLI on this suberb chip!

Permabanned
And if they don't release a dual GPU you will cry xD I think Im either going to go KFA2 or gigabyte (kinda put off by the BLUE PCB though)

I have a rampage 3 extreme, can tri sli three single cards and have a soundcard on top. Will definitely need the reference blower fan versions for that though. But a dual GPU card would get me tri SLI on two 16x slots and save a lot of space.

My I7 980 can't be much of a bottleneck yet, and then my beastly uber rig will be ... uber.

Soldato
Ahah :) I can't wait to finish this rig in June. Going to grab a 670 + a nice monitor probably a HDD and another SSD. Then I will be done. ^.^ till I grab another 670 slightly down the road :p

Permabanned
Ohhhhhh but KFA2 only have a 2 year warranty and I'll be wanting to keep my beastly GTX 670 tri SLI for more than 2 years.

So gigabyte or EVGA.

Soldato
Ohhhhhh but KFA2 only have a 2 year warranty and I'll be wanting to keep my beastly GTX 670 tri SLI for more than 2 years.

So gigabyte or EVGA.

Lol. Ill probably upgrade my 670s in two years. Unless they are still going strong in which case I wouldn't bother ^.^

Soldato
If the TT benches turn out to be accurate and representative of more important games like BF3 then AMD are really being punished for underclocking the 7970.

Soldato
If the TT benches turn out to be accurate and representative of more important games like BF3 then AMD are really being punished for underclocking the 7970.

Yeah absolutely. Even though in real terms (overclocked side by side) the difference in minimal (discounting driver performance) a shed load of people do make their purchasing decisions based on those reviews at stock.

Permabanned
Im actually not overclocking anymore. My CPU is on stock speed of 3.33 Ghz, and undervolted to 1.125v, and my GTX 560 tis are undervolted to the lowest they go (0.95v), and underclocked slightly to 875 Mhz for stability.

I hate my room getting hot thats why, so yes, the stock performance, how cool and quiet these chips are, and future scaleability with SLI all have me sold.

Also after I undervolted and ran everything at stock, I noticed no difference in performance, everything still works so if I'm not running benchmarks, why bother overclocking? An I7 980 doesnt need to be overclocked, it destroys everything, as does the GTX 670 at stock speed. 100% CPU load is also <55 degrees.

Last edited:
Soldato
We need to get gibbo in here and give us some juicy info. I bet the lazy urchin doesnt have to work on a bank holiday, doesnt mean he cant keep us informed.

Last edited:
Soldato
We need to get gibbo in here and give us some juicy info. I bet the lazy urchin doesnt have to work on a bank holiday, doesnt mean he cant keep us informed.

+1

Afaik all we have from Gibbo so far is the card will cost over £300 and the performance is very impressive

Do we have an exact time on Thursday that the NDA will be lifted? So I know when to pick up the phone. I did hear it was going to be 1pm...

Soldato
Im really looking forward to getting 2 of these cards. Ive never bought a mid range card before. Ive always gone with the most expensive=best policy, now im going for best bang for buck:p
Ive had 9800xt 280gtx x1800xt and ofcourse my current card the 5970.

Permabanned
Im really looking forward to getting 2 of these cards. Ive never bought a mid range card before. Ive always gone with the most expensive=best policy, now im going for best bang for buck:p
Ive had 9800xt 280gtx x1800xt and ofcourse my current card the 5970.

Technically speaking, over £300 isnt really mid range lol.

Soldato
Technically speaking, over £300 isnt really mid range lol.

Totally agree, it's gone crazy this year with graphic card prices yet people are swallowing them up like no tomorrow, yet we are still playing last year games and reliant on a console upgrades before any of these cards can become actually worth the money for any sane person.

Permabanned
Totally agree, it's gone crazy this year with graphic card prices yet people are swallowing them up like no tomorrow, yet we are still playing last year games and reliant on a console upgrades before any of these cards can become actually worth the money for any sane person.

You calling me insane?

Oh wait, yes I am :(

Back
Top Bottom