• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Soldato
Do we have an exact time on Thursday that the NDA will be lifted? So I know when to pick up the phone. I did hear it was going to be 1pm...

See my post earlier in the thread...

[timko];21853795 said:
The 690 NDA was 2pm UK time, since they decided to launch it 9am east coast of america (New York). The 680 was also 9am east coast but translated into 1pm UK since it was the Thursday before we put our clocks forward.

So if Nvidia stick to the same pattern then it should be 2pm UK again.

:)

Permabanned
US price for the Gigabyte is $412, not sure if linking the site counts as a competitor!

I think the UK is gonna be royally ripped off again.

Soldato
US price for the Gigabyte is $412, not sure if linking the site counts as a competitor!

That comes out at £254, we know they will be over £300, so maybe not by that much? Perhaps undercutting the 7970 by £25 or so?

If under £330 a card I should be able to buy 2 of them on Thursday :D

Soldato

With UK VAT and the current exchange rate that comes out at £307.

pgi947, you have to remember to add VAT to USA prices. They have sales tax but don't show it until the checkout procedure as it varies from state to state. Some places are lucky enough to not have to pay any.

Last edited:
Soldato
[timko];21859499 said:
With UK VAT and the current exchange rate that comes out at £307.

pgi947, you have to remember to add VAT to USA prices. They have sales tax but don't show it until the checkout procedure as it varies from state to state. Some places are lucky enough to not have to pay any.

This I did not know...so thanks :)

so....£307....add the usual UK price bump we should be looking around £340 for the GB OC card, which when you think about it is an absolute steal, non-ref cooled cards are usually £20-50 more than standard ref, so we could be looking as low as £ £315 for standard ref card?

Roll on Thursday.

Soldato
You calling me insane?

Oh wait, yes I am :(

Well I'm guessing you are as you seem to be locked in a padded cell with no windows to open:D

Im actually not overclocking anymore. My CPU is on stock speed of 3.33 Ghz, and undervolted to 1.125v, and my GTX 560 tis are undervolted to the lowest they go (0.95v), and underclocked slightly to 875 Mhz for stability.

I hate my room getting hot thats why, so yes, the stock performance, how cool and quiet these chips are, and future scaleability with SLI all have me sold.

Also after I undervolted and ran everything at stock, I noticed no difference in performance, everything still works so if I'm not running benchmarks, why bother overclocking? An I7 980 doesnt need to be overclocked, it destroys everything, as does the GTX 670 at stock speed. 100% CPU load is also <55 degrees.

Last edited:
Soldato
Your all living in the wrong place for overclocking and SLI cards as well xD. North of England/Scotland is where it's at. Never goes past 21C that often all you have to put up with is the rain. :p

Soldato
What about water cooling for these, will they benefit do you think?

Like with my 480, it's ideal to water cool as it's a hot card, how are these 670/680 in comparison, do the stock cooling cope anyway and is water cooling them a waste do you guys think?

Soldato
Your all living in the wrong place for overclocking and SLI cards as well xD. North of England/Scotland is where it's at. Never goes past 21C that often all you have to put up with is the rain. :p

Tell me about it, we had frost this morning and snow on saturday!

What about water cooling for these, will they benefit do you think?

Like with my 480, it's ideal to water cool as it's a hot card, how are these 670/680 in comparison, do the stock cooling cope anyway and is water cooling them a waste do you guys think?

For WC, no fan is quieter than one fan. I certainly will be putting my card(s) under water :)

Soldato
So in response, are we going to see £250 7970s? I will be getting a 670 on thursday but am also tempted by 2 x 7970s if the AMD cards drop in price (which they will).

Totally depends how AMD play out this 'ghz edition' card they are supposed to be releasing. I wouldn't expect AMD's top card to drop below the £300 mark any time soon.

Associate
Totally depends how AMD play out this 'ghz edition' card they are supposed to be releasing. I wouldn't expect AMD's top card to drop below the £300 mark any time soon.

If so, that will make things interesting as I don't see the GTX670 being anywhere less than £350. Overclocked, the difference between the 2 will be negligible if not in favour of the 7970.

Back
Top Bottom