***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

cheers.
with 1/ do you mean that the server is empty, the 4 (or less) of us set up a lobby. i then change permissions so anyone can join, i choose to start on my server. then if people drop out, others can join as if it were public?

and with 3. would the same apply, could people just join once the game was going.

4/ its just a bit annoying with only having a small group as unless we wanna 2v2, theres not a lot to do other than rely on randomers

1/ Exactly as u discribe.
3/ Yep.
4/ Just join the ocuk group, makes friends and use our servers if you like. See first post in this thread for more info.

L4D 1 Maps on OcUK Servers

I have managed to get hold of the l4d1 maps, working in l4d2, mostly also in versus mode (infected ladders may be missing though), they are available here: http://www.linktart.co.uk/_files_/maps/Left4Dead/

You need both l4d1.vpk and l4d_assets.vpk and you put them into the addons folder on your system. They should appear on ocuk1,2,5,6 and 8 later this evening and on ocuk 3+4 by the weekend.

I just get a link to:http://linktart.co.uk/ when I click on any of those links..

I'll talk to Frenchtart about it and get it sorted (as that's his department). In the mean time use these links (slower than linktart link would be but same files): http://www.multiupload.com/KU2EFFXK1L
http://www.multiupload.com/NO5YRNP8HR

OR just use these:

http://www.linktart.co.uk/_files_/maps/Left4Dead/l4d_assets.vpk
http://www.linktart.co.uk/_files_/maps/Left4Dead/l4d1.vpk

Insanity Versus 8v8 Update:

General:
-No Mercy, Blood Harvest, Dead Air, Death Toll and Crash Course campaigns now added to server
-Motd Updated
-Server now always runs in Versus mode, meaning direct connects are now possible. However it is still recommended that you connect via lobby if you are hosting an 8v8.

Infected:
-Can now jump in Ghost Mode
-Smoker Tongue now has more health
-Jockey speed reduced
-Witch Burn Time Increased
-Tank Burn Time Increased
-Tank punch now does more damage

This update was more of a workings fix than balance changes.

Yeah, thanks for breaking 8v8 tonight Link, abysmal server support as usual. Couldn't even be bothered to spend his own time fixing it for us...

:D Shame it was down though everyone, sorry to those who I spammed for the 8v8 and then we couldn't due to Link. I think he owe's everyone an apology!!

I am so sorry for spending ages trying to work out why it wasn't working, then giving up! :(

Ah well, I'll look for fixes when I have some time. Will probably be in the new year now.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try seeing if the L4D1 8v8 server still works, so people with both games (or just l4d1 ;)) can still play 8v8.

also link, could you remove variable tank spawn location, it ruins the game when score is based on distance

I removed it last night. Insanity Versus tank spawns should now be default behaviour.

As far as cevolink is concerned I can look at medpacks and possibly look at installing the stripper plugin allowing me to remove some of the invisible walls, however I'll look at doing that after Christmas now. However, don't you just prefer having the other OcUIK servers as completely vanilla? As otherwise you have the issues of Team VS games being unfair towards the other team (in which case you deserve a Rage Quit)...

If the general concencous is for cevolink on OcUK 1,2 + 5 I can sort that of course (OcUK 6 and 8 are currently not running). The only public servers atm are OcUK 5, 7 and 8 (when it's running).

are we gonna do a christmas eve l4d1 8v8? thought link had mentioned something like that!

That's the plan. If people can help me test it tonight though, to make sure more than 8 people can join it would be good. :)

And I'll look at removing defibs from the standard servers (and medkits if I can fix the fact it removes finale ones too :( ) after Christmas now.

Promaps is due out in the new year however for L4D2, so I'll look into implementing that on our servers at some stage.

Well, deleting local content and restoring it from my backup didn't work. Looks like this might not be as simple as I'd hoped :(

edit: uninstalled the programs I installed this morning, and still no good - then I deleted those L4D1 maps and it works. Lesson learned.

Yeah. The creators of those l4d1 maps/assets etc have admitted that a new update from valve made the game unstable with them installed.

If you still want the old maps, download the new version from here and follow instructions: http://www.l4dmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=4422

I will upload to OcUK 3/4 at some point after more testing.

I am working on converting No Mercy into L4D2 - who's interested in beta testing this with me? Hoping to get something up for tomorrow evening to try out in VS. It may not be all 5 maps but it should be fine for the first 3-4!

Feedback would be valuable so would be good to get at least 6 people in, bots are a bit r-tarded at points so really need players on survivors.

One bad thing is I had to take the train out of the second map (the one you go through) because I couldn't get the nav mesh to work through it, the bots also simply wouldn't go through the train either. Kearney and I spent a while trying to fix it but it seems it's not so possible to do :(

If the Nav Mesh gives errors it will tell you it's unplayable so I couldn't skip fixing it unfortunately!

If you are please download the L4D2 Addon Support from Steam >> Tools tab beforehand because you need this to run them. the download for the maps themselves shouldn't be too big when rared, I can probably host it on Rapid Share because I have an account.

Well, good work. It is possible to fix the train mesh as someone else I have contact with has managed it.

Once you have a final version, let me or FT know and one of us will upload it to the Linktart server for others to be able to download it.

Also, please make sure to include the l4d2 weapons.

P.S. If I'm available when you want to Beta test it I'll help you out.

EDIT: In the meantime (I'm sure hippo and kearney will make better versus versions) you can get l4d1 campaigns etc from here:
http://nekoarcnetwork.com/l4donl4d2/

Last edited:
Insanity Versus Updated:

General:
-Point system now tweaked. You are rewarded with higher bonuses for survivors and damage.
-Extra Cvars Introduced for possible future changes.
-No Mercy Now on Insanity Versus servers. More map updates to follow. (including Kearney and Hippos Version of No Mercy). (Download current No Mercy from here (v5) and the l4d2infected file, not the pak01 file however or it will cause crashes. http://nekoarcnetwork.com/l4donl4d2/index.html)

Survivors:
-Fire Now does expert damage
-Survivors now have more revive health

Infected:
-Witches inflict more damage per hit
-Witch health Increased
-Tanks take longer to burn
-Tank health decreased
-Tank Speed Increased
-2x Tanks now spawn on regular maps

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Vent is now back and working and the network status message has gone.

For how long, I can't be sure!

I call bad service. :p

With the shock at some of the Insanity Versus Changes, have you noticed the tanks have less health now to balance it a bit? Infact if anything I think they'll now be too easy to kill. Playtesting will help me sort this out however. With the witch changes, she is laughable now and really needs the boost so that's why I made the changes.

So, you guys want a single beefed up tank in most cases, say 10000 health (with the current speed boost) and then two 6000 health on finale right?

And yes, there is a cvar somewhere to lower melee damage on tanks (I think), but at the same time I can increase the tank's swing rate, which I am more likely to do as I know what the cvar is with that, without having to go hunting...

I may also try improving the daytime witch anger rate as well, stay tuned for the next update....

Insanity Versus Updated:

Infected:
-Witch spawns should now be the same for both teams
-Witch health is now back at 2x Standard
-Witch speed increased
-Witch Damage Increased
-Witch is now more alert in both daytime and Night Time
-Tank Health Increased
-Tank swing time reduced. He should now be able to punch faster.
-One Tank spawn at a time apart from Finale

Hope you enjoy. Uploading changes as we speak to the two servers.

I've been tweaking Insanity Versus some more after tonights game to ease up a little for survivors.

General:
-Invisible Walls removed from all official maps
-MOTD updated

Survivors:
-Now have more health on revival

Infected:
-Charger health Increased
-Witch hit damage increased
-Tank swing speed now back to normal
-Tanks burn to death quicker (still slower than normal versus)
-Tank run speed decreased slightly

I have half of tomorrow off work, so may be around for a test game in the afternoon. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom