***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

I think it's good enough to stick around for a bit at least this time mate, I have played through it several times and other than the scoring issue on NM5 couldn't really find any holes in it

Comments from others over on l4dmods.com thread seem pretty positive too, no one has pointed out any problems yet

Uploaded to OcUK 3 (Insanity Versus) server last night along with the updated addon pack. No Medkit's will be available unless I turn them back on however (even safe room ones).

Lol that is pretty fail :p

£10< gets you a Labtec desktop "dome" mic - I use it for Vent and L4D and it's great, sound quality is good too.

Perfectly usable for voice comms even when you're laid back at your desk and the mic sitting at the back, heck I can even talk on vent standing in the corner of the room and people can hear me clearly

errr...mrk?

Have you ever wondered why we don't seem to answer complicated questions from you? It's because we all just say "yeh, yeh" to whatever to say. We don't really listen to you. We don't hear... :p

1. Anyone have mental connection issues last night? We were playing campaign and it dropped about 5 times on different servers.

2. Also is there a bug since the last update? Keeps resetting the difficulty when you reach a safe room.

1. No idea mate sorry, but...

2. This is down to a dodgy server config. I learnt that during the days of the l4d2 demo. It's when someone has set a server difficulty in the server.cfg file, meaning that the server always reverts back to that difficulty setting on level change, nomatter what the lobby was originally set to. Try joining an OcUK server and see if you still get the same issues. :)

Do a lot of you still play Insanity Versus still btw? Cus I'm thinking of dropping some of the l4d2 servers and turning OcUK4 back into a standard server. OcUK 3 staying as Insanity for now. Obviously if there are a lot of objections I'll leave ocuk4 as it is, though I'm probably going to make OcUK 2 public, OcUK 5 into the 8v8 (when I can fix it) and take OcUK 6 offline alltogether.

I'm quite up for an insanity BH or NM tonight. Need link to upload them to the insanity servers I guess though?

Version 3 of No Mercy is on there, but I'm waiting for a more final version of Blood Harvest before I bother uploading that one.

May or may not play a game tonight, consider me out for Team VS or Vanilla versus, but Insanity No Mercy and I'll probs be up for it.

That Ghost Tank plugin look pretty useful, but I fear it may interfere with the multi-tank plugin on the Insanity Versus server(s).

Last edited:
BH is about as complete as it will be for at least a few weeks imo (we played it and it's fine, I have only found one thing to fix since I put it up and it's pretty minor anyway). NM is definitely getting a replacement sooner or later becasue I need to combine VS and coop into one mode (sorry guys!) but that won't be for a week or two I think.

I'm working on Death Toll now :)

Ok Mate. Send me a link to BH and I'll leave it uploading to ocuk3 in a bit, should be ready by 9 then if people are up for starting a game then?

Insanity Versus Updated:

General
-Medkits and defibs brought back

Survivor
-Defibs take 3x longer to resussitate dead survivors
-Survivor revive health lowered
-Chainsaw Ammo halved
-Granade launchers less effective against tanks

Infected
-Witch should anger slower
-Witch burns faster

Will need to test it out at some point. Probably tomorrow night. :)

The updates were made just now. So they may not have come into effect while you were on there, but should work from now on.

By the way, 8v8 this Friday on OcUK 6. connect 94.23.222.136:29033 in console to join us.

Back
Top Bottom