***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Sorry I had to leave the game earlier guys, had to talk about something pretty important with my parents and they were off to the pub, the best place to talk about something important! :D

I'm sorry to read about the disagreements to be honest. Not gonna get involved in pointing fingers, but I prefer team versus sometimes, but I understand where the other players are coming from when they say they are trying to set up a game and four regular players are in a game together, every time they try to do so...

Personally though I also understand the other side. Playing with bad players is fine as long as the teams are even, and these days they rarely are, therefore playing with a team you know that all the players will try their best and generally play well is certainly a plus. In the l4d1 days teams could be random more as the games were a lot less diverse, but now if the teams are unfair it really shows, a lot more than the old days. Don't want to sound all schoolyard here, but maybe we should start picking teams?

Also, a plus point for Team Versus is that in team versus, the guilty players (not gonna name names: Tefal, Midnight, Defrag, Steve!, Loser (still steve :p) Ellusionist (exception maybe to this) and Link (obviously the best one)) have all been playing this game a while now, since the days of l4d1, so we generally know how to work together and how each other will react to certain situations. It's good fun once you know how your team mates will react and that you can generally count on them in certain situations. :)

I still find Insanity much more fun though (it's why I modded it) and with two even teams it rocks. Just getting even teams these days (either all strong or with equally bad players) is pretty difficult. :(

i always try and get on your sever but miss out, what the trick?

As people have said, join us in Knubje's Vent channel tends to help, but if you are on when I next start a game then I'll send you an invite.

I may be up for some Insanity Versus some time soon (friday evening possibly), speaking of which OcUK4 will cancel at the end of this pay period (3 months) as not enough people seem to be using the servers at the moment and the account is running low on funds (see donations thread, gameservers link). OcUK 3 will continue running for the forseeable future however. :)

Insanity Versus Update. Needs testing. Will probably set up a test game in the next hour or so. Please note these changes are on OcUK 3 only.

Changes:
Infected:
-Can now select infected, except on finale stages, by pressing the reload button. Max Hunters=2. Everything else=1. Does not include Witch or Tank.
-Finale Infect spawn range should now be lower.

It was good craic but I do think that once people get used to it that it will be quite over powered. I think the cool down timer did work on the last level though as we couldn't instantly become chargers again much as we tried.

I added it during level 4, as i reckon that with people just being able to choose the best four every time was a bit overpowered.

Will probably set up another game later on. :)

New Changes:
Infected:
-Each Class now has a 22 second cool down between each time it can be selected by a player.

Last edited:
Expert mode is for women, pussies, people with learning difficulties and Steve!. Real men play Expert Realism in their pants and berets while smoking a cuban and watching pr0n, eh midnight? :D

If you wanna join me for expert realism you only have to say... :p

Dunno when I'll be available to though, but definately sumtime this or next week.

Insanity Versus 8v8 Updated*:

Infected:
-Can now choose class. Can have up to 1 Charger, 1 Spitter, 4 Jockeys, 5 hunters, 2 Smokers and 1 Boomer. Will alter after video has been made to drop jockey max back to 2.
-Common Limit Increased to 40 (from 30)
*Untested. Needs Testing.

Which is better? 1 or 2?

L4D2 if you have neither will more likely take your fancy as there are more weapons to choose from and more infected to fight against, but L4D1 for me feels more atmospheric and little things seem to be done better. The cleaner UI in the first game is a plus aswell.

Last edited:
Was it you who put out the event? Came back to my PC and noticed the box in the middle of my screen ^^

I'll fill a spot if you need to test it still, if you need me I'll be back in about 10 mins (eating)

Yeh, was me :)

Probably gonna set up another event tomorrow evening now aswell. Probably will aim to start the game at around 9pm. :)

Insanity Versus 8v8 Updated. Mostly inner workings this time:

Insanity Versus 8v8:
General:
-Server name changed.
-Motd Changed to reflect Rule Changes
-Unreserve plugin updated. Should stop unreserve spam messages in chat area.
-Bonus Points Changed from x25 to x100
-Steam Group now changed to both OcUKL4D and OcUK

Infected:
-Max Chargers is now 2 (from 1). Max Jockeys is now 2 (from 4).
-Witch now as sensitive as she is in Insanity Versus 4v4 (OcUK 3).
-Tank Punch Damage reduced to match Standard Versus Damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom