**Official MikroTik Hardware **

Soldato
They look great for a home lab / test core switch, as they also look quiet eco on the old electric use.

Its £1000 for a 4-port switch that needs a £100 cable to break it down to SFP28 so you can plug it into an SFP+ port on a 10GbE switch.

For home use it’s just ePeen. A CRS305-1G-4S+IN is the 10GbE equivalent that is actually useful and can be powered off an existing PoE switch (<10W).

Once we got bored of simultaneously saturating 8 NAS devices on their 10GbE ports we genuinely couldn’t think of anything to do with 100GbE. And we’ve got the £2000 ones. And the appalling thing is that they’ll be the pride and joy of someones home network very soon because that’s my job…

Associate
More useful stuff on the way..
RouterOS version 7.8beta2 has been released "v7 testing" channel!
*) dns - added configurable DoH concurrent query limitation parameters (CLI only);
*) dns - do not cache results from ":resolve" command with specific server;
*) dns - limited "DoH max concurrent queries reached" logging messages to once per minute;

*) webfig - updated WebFig and graph web pages to HTML5;
*) wifiwave2 - added wireless sniffer tool to capture wireless transmissions (CLI only);
*) wifiwave2 - enabled additional channels in UNII-3 and UNII-4 bands for Europe and USA on hAP ax^2, hAP ax^3 and Chateau ax;
*) wifiwave2 - implement 802.11w management protection SA Query procedures;
*) wifiwave2 - improve protections from denial-of-service attacks on WPA3;

Caporegime
I would quite like a way to do DNS conditional forwarding with more than one name server without having to mess around with doing layer 7 packet inspection

Last edited:
Soldato
My first reaction is “Hell no!” and maybe I’ll mellow. I can’t see why you wouldn’t use the MikroTik App or Webfig or PuTTY. Surely anything has to be better than a communications platform controlled from Dubai by a Russian emigre (neither country known for their strong personal data protection)?

Associate

My first reaction is “Hell no!” and maybe I’ll mellow. I can’t see why you wouldn’t use the MikroTik App or Webfig or PuTTY. Surely anything has to be better than a communications platform controlled from Dubai by a Russian emigre (neither country known for their strong personal data protection)?
Talk to the "botFarther" to get a bot then go to Godaddy for a cert.... :cry:
I guess it works for people that use their phone a lot.

Associate
A fog has decended, I can't see info/country-info anymore and my wifi is now using 5700/ax/20/40/80/eece. Pretty sure it wasn't doing that before.
hAP ax² and hAP ax³ now support the entire 5 GHz range (from the January 24th Distributor newsletter) hAP ax² and hAP ax³ now support the entire 5 GHz range Previously, the UNII frequency range required separate certification in certain regions while remaining completely unavailable in Europe. However, with our latest Wireless Gen6 802.11ax products, we've managed to secure all the necessary CE and FCC/IC certificates to offer the most comprehensive frequency range to date! UNII 1-4 support means you will always be able to find and fine-tune the perfect wireless signal for optimal speed and range. More products to follow. UNII-1 (5150-5250MHz) UNII-2 (5250-5350 MHz, 5470-5725 MHz) UNII-3 (5725-5850 MHz) UNII-4 (5850-5895 MHz) * Please note that: you need RouterOS 7.8beta2 or newer for the extended UNII support all the announced 802.11ax devices support UNII-3 everywhere all announced 802.11ax devices support UNII-4 in Europe (up to 5875 MHz!) In the USA, hAP ax2 supports UNII-4 up to 5895 MHz. The other announced products can not use UNII-4 in the US due to the external antennas (see FCC regulations for more information).

Last edited:
Associate
Does Mikrotik have anytthing like this "watch -n 0.1 iwinfo wlan0 assoclist" wifi signal monitor from terminal.

Edit: polling every 0.1 seconds this..
Code:
-57 dBm / -99 dBm (SNR 42)  1790 ms ago
        RX: 866.7 MBit/s, VHT-MCS 9, 80MHz, VHT-NSS 2     61299 Pkts.
        TX: 866.7 MBit/s, VHT-MCS 9, 80MHz, VHT-NSS 2    353465 Pkts.

Last edited:
Associate
@jonneymendoza
So how are you getting on with it, any regrets?

Not used it yet.

waiting on a few building works to be done first
I'm pretty happy so far with mine. I just miss the tools at the console level vs Linux. Apart from that I'm impressed with all the features built into RouterOS.
I was playing around with the WiFi 5g this vs that. The A7 is 2 mtrs away from me behind the telly and the Mikrotik Hap ax2 is upstairs in a cupboard, testing with AC Card only 4 Thread UDP BTest Sever running on the router.

Soldato
OP
I'm pretty happy so far with mine. I just miss the tools at the console level vs Linux. Apart from that I'm impressed with all the features built into RouterOS.
I was playing around with the WiFi 5g this vs that. The A7 is 2 mtrs away from me behind the telly and the Mikrotik Hap ax2 is upstairs in a cupboard, testing with AC Card only 4 Thread UDP BTest Sever running on the router.

I'm confused. The router I have that the person asked about doesn't have wireless

Back
Top Bottom