*** Official Prey (2017) Thread ***

Ree

Ree

Associate
Can anyone confirm controller is broken in latest update? Was just about to buy but read controller no longer works.

controller fine after you edit the steam controller configuration. i just selected the arkane one in browse configs and not a single issue after that. am using xbox 360 controller.

Soldato
I find the Dishonored and this games color palette odd. Because it doesn't look that dynamic and yet you do need a fair amount of GPU power to get it to run smooth.

What sort of difficulty should I play this on? I usually just play these games on normal, but Dishonored 2 on normal was too easy. I want it to be fun but not a cake walk.

Soldato
I find the Dishonored and this games color palette odd. Because it doesn't look that dynamic and yet you do need a fair amount of GPU power to get it to run smooth.

What sort of difficulty should I play this on? I usually just play these games on normal, but Dishonored 2 on normal was too easy. I want it to be fun but not a cake walk.

Hard mode in Prey is a lot tougher than hard mode in Dishonored 2. I'd start in normal and then up it if you find you need to.

Associate
Played the demo for about an hour. Very impressed, great atmosphere and story telling so far. Still a bit early to get exposed to a lot of the mechanics. Is there any DLC planned? I generally wait for GOTY editions, but if there isn't anything substantial in the works then I'll grab it now :cool:

Soldato
Played the demo for about an hour. Very impressed, great atmosphere and story telling so far. Still a bit early to get exposed to a lot of the mechanics. Is there any DLC planned? I generally wait for GOTY editions, but if there isn't anything substantial in the works then I'll grab it now :cool:
No DLC announced and I do not think there will be any. Game did not sell well enough...but it also does not need any, it is complete.

Soldato
Picked this up on a key site last week for £20, currently played about 13 hours and don't think i'm even halfway through yet. It's a game that makes me want to explore everything and complete every sidequest.

It's probably the most satisfying single player experience i've had since Alien Isolation.

Soldato
Picked this up on a key site last week for £20, currently played about 13 hours and don't think i'm even halfway through yet. It's a game that makes me want to explore everything and complete every sidequest.

It's probably the most satisfying single player experience i've had since Alien Isolation.

Pretty much my thoughts. I explored everything in my first playthrough, ended up completing the game after over 40hours.

Soldato
This game is actually really hard even on normal! I'm only about 40mins in and there is already a monster I cant kill.

I only have the gloo gun and my wrench. One of the fire 'demons' I cant kill. He has too much health. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
This game is actually really hard even on normal! I'm only about 40mins in and there is already a monster I cant kill.

I only have the gloo gun and my wrench. One of the fire 'demons' I can kill. He has too much health. :confused:

Come back when you have more stuff to take them down. Happens a few times. I had to come back to the Trauma Centre for example.

Back
Top Bottom