• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Newer driver?

You'll need to change the DNS address in your network adapter then in Windows.

Hope you are having fun with the new build. :)

Ha found it on the Advance Mode of the router config. Changed it but need to reboot it, while downloading stuff. I will reboot the router tomorrow.
Otherwise I am very happy with the service. Atm is downloading WOT at 8.3Mbyte per second..... bonkers speed. (66.7mbit connection atm).
Haven't seen such connection since the NTL/Virgin days when I had cable broadband on my old house, Leeds.

(ok no need to reboot, worked straight away)

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick update.

Setup the 3600Mhz ram profile, and the CPU speed to 4.054mhz and seems is working OK.
Need to tighten now the timings to C16 which is the natural ones set for this ram, and tighten the overvoltage of the mobo to the CPU. :)

Took me 1 failed attempt and 2 reboots to achieve this.

Soldato
3600 booted fine for me but always failed within an hour playing bf1, with the game crashing out. Went back to 3466 as too lazy to experiment and no crashes since.

Both on normal blck.

Somehow when the CPU is idle, CPUZ shows 1.504v, but when is stressed goes to my target 1.44v. Any idea why?

Ok booting normally with the ram at 3600Mhz, 16/16/16/36/52, it's native settings with 1.37v instead of 1.35v because it runs at 3605mhz (just in case)

Any idea how to tame the CPU voltage? Also left the SOC to auto and goes to 1.36v is that ok?
Also it doesn't lowers the clocks. Sits at 4054 all the time. :/

@AMDMatt Matt, do you have any idea mate? Using CH6.

Last edited:
Soldato
Somehow when the CPU is idle, CPUZ shows 1.504v, but when is stressed goes to my target 1.44v. Any idea why?

Ok booting normally with the ram at 3600Mhz, 16/16/16/36/52, it's native settings with 1.37v instead of 1.35v because it runs at 3605mhz (just in case)

Any idea how to tame the CPU voltage? Also left the SOC to auto and goes to 1.36v is that ok?
Also it doesn't lowers the clocks. Sits at 4054 all the time. :/

@AMDMatt Matt, do you have any idea mate? Using CH6.

Vdroop

Associate
yup vdroop, ideally you'd lower vcore and up LLC to compensate. 1.3-1.4 for 4Ghz is the right ball park.

1.36 on SOC is too high, I run 1.2 but even that seems` high compared to others, if you set a speed it will stick at that, I think you have t edit P states on crosshair for something different, don't have such a board or functionality so I don't know for sure.

Soldato
Fault with CPUz? What does Ryzen master say?

Is daft. States my CPU is running at 3Ghz and 1.2v. (just installed it)

That’s very strange, mine is on auto and hits a max of 1.2v.

Try hwinfo to see if that shows the same.

Here is the interesting stuff. :/
It shows 1.504 however thats the voltage reported by the mobo. According to the CPU sensor is running maximum 1.43 when running the cpuz benchmark
(admin any issue with the image bellow used the correct Image button from the qbar above, but posting it from the phone edge browser (lumia). if it made directly link, maybe is some issue with the scripting of the forum?).
<the above declaimer just in case get banned again for no fault of mine by posting image, seems forum is flaky when trying to do so from the phone>

YXMtKJd.png

hmm seems false alarm according to HWinfo

Soldato
yup vdroop, ideally you'd lower vcore and up LLC to compensate. 1.3-1.4 for 4Ghz is the right ball park.

1.36 on SOC is too high, I run 1.2 but even that seems` high compared to others, if you set a speed it will stick at that, I think you have t edit P states on crosshair for something different, don't have such a board or functionality so I don't know for sure.

As you see above, seems CH6 reports different voltage than the CPU :/

Soldato
Is daft. States my CPU is running at 3Ghz and 1.2v. (just installed it)

Here is the interesting stuff. :/
It shows 1.504 however thats the voltage reported by the mobo. According to the CPU sensor is running maximum 1.43 when running the cpuz benchmark
(admin any issue with the image bellow used the correct Image button from the qbar above, but posting it from the phone edge browser (lumia). if it made directly link, maybe is some issue with the scripting of the forum?).
<the above declaimer just in case get banned again for no fault of mine by posting image, seems forum is flaky when trying to do so from the phone>

YXMtKJd.png

hmm seems false alarm according to HWinfo

From my own experience with the crosshair, hwinfo reads vcore perfectly. I'd say being of is correct, 1.5v idle and 1.44v under load sounds perfectly plausible.

Soldato
From my own experience with the crosshair, hwinfo reads vcore perfectly. I'd say being of is correct, 1.5v idle and 1.44v under load sounds perfectly plausible.
However CPU and mobo report different values. :/

And the most annoying thing, is that ocnet forum, with the 2500 pages thread, tonight, nobody there to answer. lol :p

Ah you have a board with a fancy clkgen

Yeah. Even if I voutched no more CH6, when back in March burned the 1700X and had to RMA both, for all the faults, is stable board atm, with great support.

I will save the current profile, and try to OC via the ryzen master, see what can get out of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
However CPU and mobo report different values. :/

And the most annoying thing, is that ocnet forum, with the 2500 pages thread, tonight, nobody there to answer. lol :p

Yeah. Even if I voutched no more CH6, when back in March burned the 1700X and had to RMA both, for all the faults, is stable board atm, with great support.

Use the vcore reading from the board

Soldato
Food for thought.

Reset the bios settings. Used Ryzen Master which saw clocked etc as normal.
Went to profile 1, didn't change anything but draw the ram slider to 1600 (shame no 1800), and CPU core speed to 4100mhz. Machine reboot, and the system runs according to this spec.....

CPUz reports 1.526v though, but Ryzen Master and HWinfo report between 1.425 and 1.435v for CPU with 1.137v soc, for CPU.

While HWinfo reports 1.526v and 1.417 respectively

Back
Top Bottom