• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Permabanned
HCI Memtest.

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Free, though the $5 pro version is worth it if your using it a lot.

You have 12 threads so should run it 12 times with about 1125mb each. That needs to run to several hundred percent complete.

Its a bit of a pain running it 12 times, you can script that with the pro version or get a launcher(there is one knocking around on the net somewhere "dan wang" if I recall correctly).

Also takes a while......

Soldato
What do people use for memory checking?

I have the 3200mhz running at the XMP speed, just needed to bump the volts to 1.4.

Dont think into it too much, bump the cpu to 3.7mhz and keep everything as auto.

2 minute job, forget about it and enjoy!

Associate
good morning,

Sorry to be a pain but was just after opinions on theses options on gigabyte ax3705 gaming mobo with my Ryzen 5 1600 and dark pro 16gb 3200ram.

I just need to know these things, but my system is up and running fine

1. What is amd cpu ftpm option and should it be disabled or enabled ?
2. Is this motherboardokay to run at the standard bios f6 Orr should I update the bios ?
3. Sli/Crossfire accessory is this compatible with both amd and Nvidia graphics card ?

Many thanks

Mark

Soldato
good morning,

Sorry to be a pain but was just after opinions on theses options on gigabyte ax3705 gaming mobo with my Ryzen 5 1600 and dark pro 16gb 3200ram.

I just need to know these things, but my system is up and running fine

1. What is amd cpu ftpm option and should it be disabled or enabled ?
2. Is this motherboardokay to run at the standard bios f6 Orr should I update the bios ?
3. Sli/Crossfire accessory is this compatible with both amd and Nvidia graphics card ?

Many thanks

Mark

1) Only if you have a TPM module installed, which is used for encryption.
2) Update to the latest if you can, especially the recent one as it solves a lot of memory compatibility.
3) Yes, it supports both.

Soldato
Whats the go to bios for asus rog crosshair 6 now?

the official one or

ROG Crosshair VI Hero AGESA 1.0.7.1 BETA BIOS 3008 this one

cheers

Well, i have been on 1402 for months and months now solid as a rock with 4 x8gig sticks of Hynix ram at 3200. None of the bios's since then has been anywhere near stable for my setup, so have always flashed back to 1402.
I decided to give 3008 Beta a try this morning.............................wow is all i can say. Ram just works from XMP settings, which is a first because i have always had to input ram settings manually. My 1700 never clocked above 3.8Ghz OCCT AVX stable, it now does 3.85Ghz OCCT stable. The cold boot issue seems to have finally been solved, which is defo a bonus.
Obviously i'm still testing at the moment, but if this stays like this i would defo consider 3008 or it's final official release version a keeper.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
That could possibly only be one refresh though if Ryzen 2 is towards the end of next year.

Ryzen 2 isn't the next Ryzen out though I believe.

The next is just a 12nm refresh of current Ryzen, i.e. Ryzen +, Ryzen 2 will be the next "proper" version, so they are saying the current AM4 will at least support another 2 generations of Ryzen CPU

Associate
I'm curious if they'll release new motherboard revisions with USB 3.1 gen 2 or Thunderbolt 3 (since the spec is open now).
Would actually be pretty neat if they do add TB3 support.

Associate
Ryzen 2 isn't the next Ryzen out though I believe.

The next is just a 12nm refresh of current Ryzen, i.e. Ryzen +, Ryzen 2 will be the next "proper" version, so they are saying the current AM4 will at least support another 2 generations of Ryzen CPU

AM4 until 2020.

Associate
@4K8KW10 That's via the ASMedia chip, I meant the actual AMD chipset to have support for TB3 and USB 3.1 gen 2.
X470 with native TB3 and USB 3.1 gen 2 support would be really nice and would make the boards cheaper since mobo makers wouldn't have to rely on 3rd party chips to add those features.

Permabanned
@4K8KW10 That's via the ASMedia chip, I meant the actual AMD chipset to have support for TB3 and USB 3.1 gen 2.
X470 with native TB3 and USB 3.1 gen 2 support would be really nice and would make the boards cheaper since mobo makers wouldn't have to rely on 3rd party chips to add those features.

Yeah, Thunderbolt 3 with 5GBps (40Gbps) would be a very nice upgrade over USB 3.1 Gen.2 with its just a quarter of the speed.
It depends if they wanna implement it. Either with external chips as well, or internal Ryzen support... but I doubt that can happen before Zen 2 aka Ryzen 3000 series.

Back
Top Bottom