• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Raging, bought a 1800x (and had to wait 2 weeks for it to source and ship, stupid forest), and it's a week 19 version. I'm going back to Intel next refresh.

Soldato
Tbh I bought a 1700 and it's week 25 I think, and it's been stellar in regards to performance, then again I only run Win10, game and have discord, YouTube and web pages open mostly, and twitch. So I doubt I will ever see any segfault issues, my brother has an older 1700 that he's been running since a couple of weeks after release and he's not once had any issues.

Isn't the segfault thing very specific?

Associate
If you do compiling then you are likely to hit the issue. Since I'm running VM's and compiling, it's hitting the issue currently with my 1600x.

Soldato
Just as I thought, unless your using Linux a lot or a VM with Linux and compiling stuff, then there's no real need to worry, I'd say if your primarily gaming I'd not even worry.

Associate
@Gzero Rainforest has 30 day returns, so do that. Return it and get a refund or if you want to try your luck, return it and ask to get another.
The only fix AMD can do for the segfault issue involves turning off the microop cache, which will have a noticeable impact on performance, so definitely return it since you run into the issue.

Don't rely on AMD RMA because they will be slow and take a lot longer than returning it to the retailer you got it from.

Soldato
Using my Ryzen system and steam link together well although I do need to hard wire it. Too many glitches over wireless with racing games.

Finally got a better graphics card to go with it for a while. A brand new R9 270x double dissappation that somehow my father-in-law managed to pick up for $5 ! Hell of a step up from my borrowed 4870 lol.

I have only set the ram to 3200 but still got a blue screen at the desktop the other day. Ryzen can be a PITA sometimes lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, it's just more down time. Wasn't expecting to get such an old build this late into the year. Was hoping to just replace and rma my 1600x.
Yeah that sucks. It's surprising such old stock is still being sold as new, particularly when it has a ciritcal bug that was acknowledged by AMD. I'd definitely get a free replacement from AMD but obviously it's a hassle.

Soldato
Yeah that sucks. It's surprising such old stock is still being sold as new, particularly when it has a ciritcal bug that was acknowledged by AMD. I'd definitely get a free replacement from AMD but obviously it's a hassle.
I bought a 1700X from the same retailer a month or so back and it was launch stock. Despatched from Italy too, despite being ordered directly from them on the UK site. They must have stock to clear of the more expensive eight-core variants. I ended up sending it back as the big price drop hit right after and I got a 1600 for £136 instead. That one was much more recent (week 36, but sadly not one of the ones with eight cores enabled).

How do i check what revision mine is??
It's printed on the IHS, so there's no way to know without taking the cooler off unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom