• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Permabanned
Try leaving memory at 2133Mhz till you get 4Ghz stable on the CPU. Ditch BCLK clocking and just use the regular memory multipliers. I had little trouble getting mine stable @ 4Ghz and CL14 3200 this way, and have now got the memory to CL13. I never managed to get any BCLK overclocks stable yet. Mind you, i have 4 GPUs in my system so that could be the reason.
No go tried with 2133 at 17/17/17/37( Just to make sure its not memory) and wont pass 15 minute realbench crash after 5 minutes.

Wont pass no matter what settings volts i throw at it. Tried Asus 4ghz standard profile crashed 2 minutes in....
Ant thats with temperatures below 62c on my custom loop.

Guys You have to remember that I'm swapping from FULL 24h Real bench 8gb stable 4.4 5820k. Only swapping over cause im AMD FAN and had amd procesors since AM286 Even that was overclocked using good old motherboard Jumpers and soldering . Besides epic Celeron 300@450 :] Had Duron Athlon XP Athlon 64 Phenom 1 and Phenom 2. Basically Everything they sold till FAILdozer when i went 2500k Due to Disappointment in gamin performance of those.

I can invest WHOLE DAYS in tweeking and benching cause i like it and while i do it i do my bodyweight training :)

all in all this cpu needs to survive till ZEN2 comes out next year. Power consumption and heat output i dont care about. Shiet last month forgot to turn my Electrical gril and was running overnight that draws what around 2kw ?? Stress test of my oven LOL

Last edited:
Caporegime
No go tried with 2133 at 17/17/17/37( Just to make sure its not memory) and wont pass 15 minute realbench crash after 5 minutes.

Wont pass no matter what settings volts i throw at it. Tried Asus 4ghz standard profile crashed 2 minutes in....

Guys You have to remember that I'm swapping from FULL 24h Real bench 8gb stable 4.4 5820k. Only swapping over cause im AMD FAN and had amd procesors since AM286 Even that was overclocked using good old motherboard Jumpers and soldering . Besides epic Celeron 300@450 :] Had Duron Athlon XP Athlon 64 Phenom 1 and Phenom 2. Basically Everything they sold till FAILdozer when i went 2500k Due to Disappointment in gamin performance of those.

I can invest WHOLE DAYS in tweeking and benching cause i like it and while i do it i do my bodyweight training :)

all in all this cpu needs to survive till ZEN2 comes out next year. Power consumption and heat output i dont care about. Shiet last month forgot to turn my Electrical gril and was running overnight that draws what around 2kw ?? Stress test of my oven LOL

What memory are you using and how much?

Associate
Would the current owners approve diving into Ryzen platform now or waiting for new updates? I have been waiting long enough to switch from my current setup, but i don't want to have all this head ache with memory and motherboards.

Associate
Would the current owners approve diving into Ryzen platform now or waiting for new updates? I have been waiting long enough to switch from my current setup, but i don't want to have all this head ache with memory and motherboards.

I got a 1700 and CH6 last night using the stock cooler, i updated the BIOS right off the bat and installed windows and a few programs with zero issues.

This is all at stock, will mess about with overclocking tonight and play a few rounds of BF1 as i ran out of time yesterday

Going on my experience so far i would say yes, jump on in

Associate
Last night I got tired of waiting for the weekend and swapped my Ryzen testbed into my main PC.

R7 1700 running at 3.9GHz (1.35V)
G.Skill 16gb kit running on XMP at 3200MHz c14
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 (F2 BIOS, no updates for it yet)

c74kdAK.jpg
Qnof7pJ.jpg
Lk2e0FY.jpg
tMpZhkY.jpg
NalfM0k.jpg
3BjBb6t.jpg
H5CjC1U.jpg

Not thrilled with the temps I'm getting, and possibly also had some heat related crashes while encoding a video (saw it hit 78c before the PC crashed) so I'm moving my timetable up for putting in my water cooling loop to this weekend, since my friend printed out the pump/reservoir bracket I asked him for.

EPBIXf9.jpg
2gow8lW.jpg.png

Soldato

How is it "crashing"?

Associate
Setup the 1700 / X370-Prime into the PowerMac case today.
Set at 1.27v @ 3.75GHz all cores through Ryzen Master, haven't tried any other settings yet
Memory running at stock 2400, CAS16

All seems to be good, although there's a rather anoying whine coming from somewhere now.
Turning off the garish RGB lighting solved the whine (when off), but it's still there when on the desktop ... hmm

Updated the BIOS using the EZ flash online function, worked fine

Soldato

The platform is still premature. Although it's only really a headache when you are trying oc the nuts off it lol, in this case it's the same Intel or AMD. Careful selection of motherboard and memory will save you most of these troubles. Ask around the forum or just go to the motherboard QVL page and select the highest speed approved memory for that particular motherboard and you are golden. I think of all the available AM4 boards at the moment the general concensus now is to avoid ASUS (apart from CH6, which comes highly recommended around here) and go Gigabyte or MSI. But still, be prepared to deal with small quirks and do some tweaking and tuning.

Permabanned
What memory are you using and how much?
I had Hynix Gskills in my X99 so for this build i went with Samsung single side 2x8gb Gskills rated 3000hmz cl15. Ofc Cl14 would be faster but once things settle i will end up buying G.Skill Flare X. Anyhow Ram is not a problem in my case since did my research and especially went for that to have no compatibility problems Even tried with ONE 8gb stick Still not stable pass 3.94x. Its just that this 1700x is on lowest end of silicon lottery by looks of it.

eyetrip standard program stopped responding. Ryzen does not HARD Crash ( Well it does when its memory timings crash).

Well i got 1700 coming tomorrow so we see how i get on with that :)

Other thing i hate about 1700x/1800x is this remperature readout crap :/

Soldato
I had Hynix Gskills in my X99 so for this build i went with Samsung single side 2x8gb Gskills rated 3000hmz cl15. Ofc Cl14 would be faster but once things settle i will end up buying G.Skill Flare X. Anyhow Ram is not a problem in my case since did my research and especially went for that to have no compatibility problems Even tried with ONE 8gb stick Still not stable pass 3.94x. Its just that this 1700x is on lowest end of silicon lottery by looks of it.

eyetrip standard program stopped responding. Ryzen does not HARD Crash ( Well it does when its memory timings crash).

Well i got 1700 coming tomorrow so we see how i get on with that :)

Other thing i hate about 1700x/1800x is this remperature readout crap :/
Are you using realbench to test?

Permabanned
Im using Galaxy of programs. Everything i think off plus overnight 7 hour of video encoding of my projects in Cyberlink Powerdirector that i found as best stability test. Cause i could pass Prime 8h IBT maximum few runs Realbench. Yet still crash wile encoding videos on any of my previous systems

Prime95 custom profiles and blend modes. 3 different programs for memory testing passed 8 hours of 12gb memory load yesterday when i left it to test hows the memory.

For temperature max burn in i ise Intel burn test that **** puts to knees most of cooling solutions. Like i burn GPU's with furmark. WORK OR BURN.

I scrapped all weekend plans so got full on 30 hours to play with 1700 Shot doors turn phone off and let the tweeking begin.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Lord

Sounds like it is crashing possibly in things that use gpu?

Try using ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers and try a fresh install of either the very latest or something a fair bit older.

I only suggest it as I am pretty sure that is what was responsible for instability on my Ryzen installations initially.

Permabanned
@Lord

Sounds like it is crashing possibly in things that use gpu?

Try using ddu to uninstall nvidia drivers and try a fresh install of either the very latest or something a fair bit older.

I only suggest it as I am pretty sure that is what was responsible for instability on my Ryzen installations initially.

done it got ROCK SOLID GPU Downlocking it for Realbench. Running -50 core and - 150 memory clocks for Realbench.

First thing i always run is Standard Intel burn test then move to realbench 4gb then move back to ibt 8gb test then move to prime.

Hows Things looking in TBT for You ??

Soldato
I scrapped all weekend plans so got full on 30 hours to play with 1700 Shot doors turn phone off and let the tweeking begin.
8bcee04ab73e46516b933048dc1232a504f8382d2371853f.jpg

Soldato
done it got ROCK SOLID GPU Downlocking it for Realbench. Running -50 core and - 150 memory clocks for Realbench.

First thing i always run is Standard Intel burn test then move to realbench 4gb then move back to ibt 8gb test then move to prime.

It's not clear - did you say you had already tried that, or you just tried it an its working?

Downclocking did not help me in fixing my issue.

Soldato

I'm with eyetrip on this, nvidia driver were the reason for our crashes.
Try using DDU to uninstall drivers and install one from a few months ago. Once I got it stable on old drivers I used DDU again and installed the latest.

Permabanned
It's not clear - did you say you had already tried that, or you just tried it an its working?

Downclocking did not help me in fixing my issue.
Iw done everything but whatever with realbench. First thing it does not pass IBT and thats pure CPU torture

BTW. I find it funny when people are sugestt stasndard solutions like drivers/windows ect that i started off with. U think im a noob ?? Im overclocking since 1993..... I overclocked my first 28g when i was 10 years old FOR REAL !!! I used to cnc my own waterblocks before you could buy them !!!! I booked day off work to put this system up and running on Monday

Last edited:
Soldato

Does your system only have 4GB? The idea is that you allocate all system memory to the test.

Back
Top Bottom